The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Where has this brand split rumour come from? I honestly don't see the point in another one at all.

The last one was a long term failure and I highly doubt that they would split the Titles again so a new split would be half hearted at best. As for Shane being left in charge, I bet it was because Vince, Triple H and Steph just didn't want to deal with the post Wrestlemania crowd this year.

Back to normal next week. I bet smug Reigns was just a one off as well and as others have said I wouldn't be shocked if the AJ match doesn't even make it to PPV.

The three cunts at the desk need shooting. Would honestly prefer no commentary at all at this point.

He looked fucking ridiculous.

D-d-d-disappointed to hear that. I was stood near him a few days ago at Axxess and remarked to make mate how incredible he looks in a suit and that I hope he'd wear more of them upon his return.That crowd aside (although that doesn't really mean anything since he was consistently getting fairly good reactions for a while before his injury), he was easily the most over bloke in Dallas last night not named Enzo or Cass.

It's a massive shame he's not a) American or b) good on the mic, because he absolutely oozes charisma in the ring and carries himself like a superstar.

I wouldn't worry about him becoming champion if I were you though (even though it would be AWESOME). Malbranque has more of a chance of getting in Sasha's knickers than that happening.

Spending a bit too much time on Reddit? That's really pushing it...

Nope, I've probably only been on it a handful times. Pushing what, exactly?

• Paid Members

I just went into the traps in the toilets in work there and rewatched that segment.

Forgetting that Cole coined that - what's sure to be - catchphrase, it was delivered brilliantly by Reigns and the man was absolutely joyous to watch throughout!

Diesel post Rumble 1996 is what that chap reminded me of, last night. And please, long may that continue.

• Paid Members

The commentator's weird, panicked, insincere disclaimer about the crowd at the start of the show was hilarious. Do you think anyone takes these chumps seriously? Or buys anything they say? It's so transparent. They couldn't have less credibility if they tried.

• Paid Members

They don't have the roster to justify a brand split.

They barely have enough star power as it is without dividing the roster in two

They havent got the patience, more like. They've definitely got the roster. I'd watch that NXT roster for 2 hours a week. They have Joe, Balor, Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Kota Ibushi, Gable and Jordan, Aries, KENTA and a shit load of others just knocking about on a Network exclusive show. They just cant put together storylines for what they have on Raw, let alone a secondary brand.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They don't have the roster to justify a brand split.

They barely have enough star power as it is without dividing the roster in two

They havent got the patience, more like. They've definitely got the roster. I'd watch that NXT roster for 2 hours a week. They have Joe, Balor, Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Kota Ibushi, Gable and Jordan, Aries, KENTA and a shit load of others just knocking about on a Network exclusive show. They just cant put together storylines for what they have on Raw, let alone a secondary brand.

Yeah I wasn't having a go at the actual wrestlers, I'm sure if the WWE knew what they were doing anymore it'd be a good idea but like you said there is just no chance the WWE would do it properly or successfully. 

The fact they don't have any star power is because they've booked everyone, bar the part timers and Roman, to look like total midcard shite.

• Paid Members

Who was it who said they thought Sami Zayn's music was shit? The entire crowd singing along on three separate shows this week has surely made them realise how wrong they were. It's boss.

But yeah. I never watch Smackdown. Put the NXT roster on there for two hours a week and I wouldn't miss a single episode. They easily have enough talent for another brand split. They're just too shit to ever make it work.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Roman Reigns as a heel last night just worked perfectly. He was like a whole different guy. Full of personality and confidence. Amazing to see. He's gonna' be great. I'd keep the strap on him til next Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

Shane McMahaon just tweeted saying his three favorite thing on the show were Enzo & Cass, Apollo & AJ Styles. Then followed it with 'Foot in the door. It's a start, i hope'

This needs to be the moment that's looked back on as the turning point for Reigns. "I'm Not a Bad Guy" needs to be on signs and t-shirts everywhere.

https://streamable.com/uc2o

Anyway, sha we all check back in at SummerSlam then?

Is that the first time Reigns has said that? It was a good line, just a shame he's had to lift it from JBL the night before.

They easily have enough not just bodies but talent aswell to have two different brands, Cena and a few others dont work Smackdown cause they do a house show to do.

Keep the Champions/titles as they are but only they can appear on both shows, everyone else sticks to it no matter what

No more authority figures in storylines, Regal is great in nxt appears when needs too but doesnt put himself over

• Paid Members

What were the crowd chanting that rattled Vince a bit? He seemed quite taken a back. Which is mental seeing as he knew full well what he was coming out to.

A.J. as number one contender is really fun. Makes the mania loss even more perplexing mind you. I've been surprised by how much charisma hes shown in promos now that hes settled into the roll. Don't get me wrong he's no Paul Heyman but he can carry his end way better than he use to in TNA. Re: his music I love it, but I do agree when it hits initially it just doesn't have the right punch.

Enzo is so much fun and I love Big Cass as long as he sticks with Enzo.

At first I was really scratching my noggin as to why they would debut Apollo but thinking about it whilst we might be struggling to connect to him due to his utter lack of personality but to WWE he IS the finished product already. He's as white meat grinning babyface as they get and IMO the genuine natural successor to Cena.

Corbin did well I thought shame they didn't just give him the win. If it were up to me he'd stay in NXT at least another six months as I'd much rather I wasn't watching people training up on the main roster. He's clearly going to be a great heel though.

Wedging Cesaro in the main event over Sami was pretty daft. I like him but how is he a better choice than the most consistently over top guy in NXT?

EDIT - RE: Regal, what I wouldn't give for him or a Foley type back in a fun commissioner role for a while. It would be a breath of fresh air to get some fun back into the shows over more burials heel authority figures

Edited by DEF