The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

edit: to Nick Soapdish. Yep- at the moment the only thing West Ham fans are seemingly able to mutter are 'We Got Payet'. Over and over and over.

I just don't think you understand...

No surprise the Raw rating is bad. There felt like no reason to tune into it after Mania.

• Paid Members

Is Apollo main roster now or was it just an NXT showcase thing in his case?

I got the impression it was a promotion but: (Minor NXT Spoilers)

Apollo, Corbin and Enzo & Cass all taped matches for upcoming NXT shows

It feels like they are just testing the water with a few of them. Get them a bit of big stage exposure, see how the crowd reacts. If anything sticks, then a promotion will likely be on the cards.

It's tricky as I'd personally like to see a cracking debut, however, they seem reluctant to pull the big trigger for many of them from the get go.

The general crowd reaction probably dictates this, if they push it too far from the get go, will they revive a Reigns boo fest. There will always be exceptions to this but they can't trust the live crowd.

That's how I view it anyway, regardless of twaty crowds or poor booking.

If it were a normal Raw it would have been excellent. Expectations are so high for this show though that the usual standards don't apply. At least it wasn't predictable. No Bayley, Joe or Balor, instead we got an advert for Puerto Rico and Apollo Crews. Who would have thought AJ and Natalya would be number one contenders? I just worry that somewhere in that office a lack of work/life balance and job security has cultivated an environment where weaknesses and shortcomings aren't properly addressed, and if somebody is inclined to look at why Raw wasn't universally well received the conclusion is that the show was too unpredicatble, and that audiences don't want that. 

Zack Ryder is such an insufferable phoney, that grin looks like he's wearing a mask on the bottom half of his face but his horrible, spiteful little eyes tell the real story. I hate him and I hope he gets fired, they'd be better off getting his dad in. It's little wonder entitled bores like him and Ziggler will never go anywhere fast. 

Enzo and Cass where better than I thought they'd be. I worried their schtick would get old fast but if Enzo's able to do what he did on Monday more weeks than not he'll be a star. Zayn is starting to grow on me a bit as well. 

No Cowboy hat this time though. Zack must have broke it when he aggressively tore it off his own head and threw it on the ground to stop himself from looking like a twat. Shame he looked like a twat though. Another reason to dislike Zack the cunt, imagine doing that to your old man on the grandest stage of them all. Come on Zack, not in front of the boys. 

• Paid Members

No Cowboy hat this time though. Zack must have broke it when he aggressively tore it off his own head and threw it on the ground to stop himself from looking like a twat. Shame he looked like a twat though. Another reason to dislike Zack the cunt, imagine doing that to your old man on the grandest stage of them all. Come on Zack, not in front of the boys.

Ha, I thought the same. People talking about it like this lovely moment but they both made tits of themselves. It was awful.

Zack Ryder does have a unique appeal in that he's one of the few on the roster for whom winning the Intercontinental seems like a big deal. For Ziggler, Kofi, Swagger, Miz, Barrett etc it's just same old same old. For Ambrose, Owens etc it feels like a step down unless they change the midcard booking.

But for Ryder, it really did feel like a proper career highlight. Not "ffs IC title #12" or "ffs he should be fighting for the world title" -- just a genuine achievement/moment for him. That'd probably be the case for any of the guys who are too low for club 50/50 though, wouldn't it?

By rights, excellent Miz will do a great job of elevating the title with Maryse at his side. He can Honky Tonk Man the fuck out of it. I'm pessimistic about the prospect of it though. By next week he could be doing the "I'll make it great again like Mr Perfect did" false promise promo that they all cut when they have that belt. When you start your reign by reciting a list of champions from when wrestling was good, you might as well go home. He was close to it on Raw, though with a nice twist of including his own name in the Legends list.

He could be the hottest champion in the company by SummerSlam. Or he could lose the title to AJ Styles on the Raw after Payback as a consolation prize for AJ, and AJ could tread water with it for months.

They could have given Ryder a month with the belt at least. A few defences. That's not to say I think he deserves it because I don't but unless he wins it back on Smackdown or next week he's basically never looked stupider. When was it he won the US title and was hot, 2011? 2009?!!

Off to TNA motherfucker!