The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I don't mind AJ's music, but I can understand stand why some find the opening bars underwhelming. The thunderous noise of dear Butch straining out his Saturday effort will maybe make it a bit more dynamic.

While his hair is awful, I admire men that go with Larry David's philosophy on hair loss. His weak beard annoys me more tbh.

On the Styles front, the main thought I have is just that AJ Styles is number 1 contender to the WWE Title! That's something I never thought I'd be able to type, but it's happened, and that's kind of great.

I was trying to rack my brain for someone who got from debuting to Number 1 contender to a world title shot so quick. And then a horrible memory came to me. Scott Steiner. Yeesh.

I dont usually post about Raw the under-utilisation of Shane O'Mac on Raw just left me scratching my head. After the whole Wrestlemania episode, Vince let him have control simply because the audience asked for it, left the building and other than a couple of muted backstage segments Shane was never seen nor heard from again. What was the point?

Just felt like a show to keep the more hardcore based crowd happy.

There was no point, it made the last 6 weeks build worthless, I'm still in shock to be honest. I really think in the years to come this storyline will go on those kindle lists similar to Wrestlecrap, it's one of the worst I have personally ever sat through, I am baffled by so much of it. Why did Steph and Hunter never address it or get involved, I know he had his title match but for crying out loud there livelihood was on the line. Why weren't the lockbox ever mentioned after the first week, why was Taker doing Vince's bidding, why did Taker say "Shane's blood is on your hands Vince" when that is EXACTLY what Vince wants isn't it, HE FUCKING MADE THE MATCH, vs Taker.....In a Cell. Added to that the match was an utter embarrassment, Shane can't throw a working punch any better than my nan, and it was basically half an hour of "oh shane fell on something hard, I've got 5 minutes rest period now til he does it again I may as well go on twitter". The whole deal was a joke, and to be honest Monday was a fitting conclusion.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

It seemed obvious that they'd find a way around Shane losing with all the obvious brand split planning they're up to. That seemed a particularly shit way to do it though. My thought yesterday that Taker would force Vince would have been miles better.

Absolutely no idea what you're on about regarding Wrestle Crap though. There's hardly any these days. Fuck all happens week to week. It's not bad or baffling it's just nothing. That's even worse than Wrestle Crap in my book. I'd take two hours of head scratching WCW 2000 than most of Raw.

The post 'Mania crowd are mental!

You can never predict the post 'Mania crowd!

It's party time in the audience here, guys!

They boo the guys they like done love but hate what the boos the other guys!

They're having fun and we love that!

...the post 'Mania crowd are mental!

I'm absolutely appalled that people didn't like Cesaro's suit and thought he looked like a loser! That is objectively wrong! The bloke looked more of a superstar than he ever has!

The middle of this show absolutely killed the live crowd. At one point, a group of people started throwing around a beach ball, and after the third one was confiscated you could hear a pin drop until Enzo & Cass came out.

He looked fucking ridiculous.

It was a cheap gimmicked suit, rigged up for him to tear off like a Chippendale Hulk Hogan. It was all a bit ill-fitting and large, and he had those stupid Neo glasses on.

Twat of a man.

It's going to take me ages to get over the nerves of thinking that Swiss shit could possibly be the Number 1 contender.

Also, whilst I'm cross, his fucking arm pose thing is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It looks like he should have on some weird Richard Simmons leotard and headband microphone saying 'THIS IS HOW WE LOOSEN UP THOSE SHOULDERS, LADIES!'

On top of that, he got so excited by his pop that he started doing it super fast and uncoordinated. It made him look like a wacky flat-chested middle aged single mum trying to get her cleavage seen on a hen-do. What a nob. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I was glad that Shane didn't really feature in the rest of the show. I saw it as the change being "Here's a load of new guys and wrestling, not the Authority angle we've had going on for about 20 years". The GM/CEO/Authority/ involvement would mean a ton more if it wasn't done three times a week but only on the odd occasion. The main angle of WWE & TNA for the majority of the past ten years has been about who's in charge, I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

Coming out of RAW, the main thing I took was how stupid Jericho beating AJ was. Jericho doesn't need to win, and if AJ is going to be your no.1 contender why is he losing to a part-time old star clean the night before?

• Paid Members

I was glad that Shane didn't really feature in the rest of the show. I saw it as the change being "Here's a load of new guys and wrestling, not the Authority angle we've had going on for about 20 years". The GM/CEO/Authority/ involvement would mean a ton more if it wasn't done three times a week but only on the odd occasion. The main angle of WWE & TNA for the majority of the past ten years has been about who's in charge, I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

I get that, I thought the same. If I'm honest, I'd quite like a period where we don't have an Authority figure in every segment too. However, if that's the case, you've still got to tell the story. Whether it's through Shane, the announcers or whoever. The story on this show was Shane's in charge and he's trying to prove something. He's got to do something. Doing nothing doesn't work in this scenario because he's basically just let the show run as directed by Stephanie or Trips or whoever we're supposed to believe puts the running order together. Shane's big plan for Raw is to go "yeah, that looks OK" and then fist bump Apollo Crews?

D-d-d-disappointed to hear that. I was stood near him a few days ago at Axxess and remarked to make mate how incredible he looks in a suit and that I hope he'd wear more of them upon his return.

That crowd aside (although that doesn't really mean anything since he was consistently getting fairly good reactions for a while before his injury), he was easily the most over bloke in Dallas last night not named Enzo or Cass.

It's a massive shame he's not a) American or b) good on the mic, because he absolutely oozes charisma in the ring and carries himself like a superstar.

I wouldn't worry about him becoming champion if I were you though (even though it would be AWESOME). Malbranque has more of a chance of getting in Sasha's knickers than that happening.

D-d-d-disappointed to hear that. I was stood near him a few days ago at Axxess and remarked to make mate how incredible he looks in a suit and that I hope he'd wear more of them upon his return.That crowd aside (although that doesn't really mean anything since he was consistently getting fairly good reactions for a while before his injury), he was easily the most over bloke in Dallas last night not named Enzo or Cass.

It's a massive shame he's not a) American or b) good on the mic, because he absolutely oozes charisma in the ring and carries himself like a superstar.

I wouldn't worry about him becoming champion if I were you though (even though it would be AWESOME). Malbranque has more of a chance of getting in Sasha's knickers than that happening.

Spending a bit too much time on Reddit? That's really pushing it...