The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'd like AJ more if he didn't have that stupid hair cut and awful music...even Owens insulted his hair during the match  :thumbsup:

I think his music is good but it's just got no impact. Those first four bars should be recognisable and get people out of their seat. You could see when Styles music hit about 50% of the audience thinking "I know I like this bloke but I've no idea who it is yet".

His hair is what it is. It's different.

I hope they don't go down the rematch route with Trips. They built that story to Roman finally beating him. It's done. And it lost it's steam long before the end. They need to let it die a death.

• Paid Members

I think his music is good but it's just got no impact. Those first four bars should be recognisable and get people out of their seat. You could see when Styles music hit about 50% of the audience thinking "I know I like this bloke but I've no idea who it is yet".

Absolutely, it has no 'pop'. It's not a great entrance theme that's for sure.

It's a remix of a DMX track, I think.

On the one hand, it shows they have faith in him by not giving him an in-house production but on the other, it doesn't announce itself to the audience at all. Even Cesaro's got his little 'Twat Siren'.

I think it's contributing to the impression I have that the fans aren't that into them.

You can see why they might fancy AJ as a short term, upper mid-card fix. Fine look, sells shirts and has fit right in with the WWE house style. He's settled in great, without having done anything spectacular yet.

• Paid Members

Jericho called him "redneck rookie" in their early feud and he said he was red neck and proud. He's not a Jesse and Festus type hillbilly, but he's portrayed as an everyday Southern guy, I think.

I also thought this show was everything we could have wished for. The in-no-way-incompetent Natalya stepping up as the vanguard of women's wrestling, the long awaited return of the Colons in that great tourism board gimmick, and Corbin being in a 50/50 midcard feud with Ziggler before they've even had a second match.

There's no reason to be Into AJ. He can't talk and he has had no matches that have been better than just good so far. Unless you're hanging onto his NJPW run he really isn't anything special so far. He has no character and he's just someone that's been outsmarted and beaten by Jericho for two months.

I think everyone knows there's potential he could be more, but he's nothing more than a midcarder that lost his first feud and can't do interviews.l at the moment. It will be interesting to see how they handle this number one contender thing.

I think he's done better than I expected he would do.

He debuted on the main show; he has an original track for his entrance and pyro; he has a gang of merchandise on the market and he's had an actual feud (at times a very entertaining one) building into the biggest show of the year. Him losing the match is the first time where I've thought 'hmm, that's weird..'

He was never going to be a main event talent on regular WWE programming. But given the hit-and-miss treatment of other acquired talents, I think he's doing just fine.

• Paid Members

Corbin is in that no going back stage of hair. That hairline isnt coming back, so a decision needs to be made by him there. Its only going to get worse.

Maybe he'll bring sexy back, and go back to the days where everyone in the business was losing his hair in his prime. I always wondered what people would have thought of Randy Savage, Jesse Ventura, Hulk Hogan and Superstar Graham if they came along with those balding haircuts in modern day. Corbin might be the closet we get.

• Paid Members

Maybe he'll bring sexy back, and go back to the days where everyone in the business was losing his hair in his prime. I always wondered what people would have thought of Randy Savage, Jesse Ventura, Hulk Hogan and Superstar Graham if they came along with those balding haircuts in modern day. Corbin might be the closet we get.

I love you, Ian.

I didn't see the appeal in Corbin as he looks like ECW 2007, but now I'm rooting for him based on your hypothesising.

• Paid Members

I dont usually post about Raw the under-utilisation of Shane O'Mac on Raw just left me scratching my head. After the whole Wrestlemania episode, Vince let him have control simply because the audience asked for it, left the building and other than a couple of muted backstage segments Shane was never seen nor heard from again. What was the point?

Just felt like a show to keep the more hardcore based crowd happy.