The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I haven't seen Raw yet but are they doing much with the 24/7 title?

I thought now of all times would be a good way to showcase it. I understand they are limited to what they can do in the performance centre but it at least gets the action away from the ring/empty arena and could also use it to focus on characters. Even if they filmed it slightly differently, I'm sure they could have filmed some bits on the road too in areas of the US not on lockdown. 

@tiger_rick agreed. It’s a great point about the Street Profits and Bianca Belair - for the people they’re using anyway, there’s ample opportunity now to flesh out the characters instead of contriving ways for them to have three matches in a row. 

I hope that they do the Drew McIntyre build-up stuff next week, and that the reason they didn’t do it this week just because of the hook to make it seem like he may have lost the title. He’s always talking about his past with Sheamus in interviews as well, they could use that as a way in to Sheamus as a short-term contender and save the matches with Rollins/Orton/AJ for when they get back in front of crowds. 

If they’re not able to get a venue now anyway, they might have to focus on interviews and documentary footage from next week. I can’t imagine that being worse than this show was.

• Paid Members

I wonder if they’re scared to lean too much into the fact that Montez and Bianca are a couple after being burned so badly doing it with Becky and Seth. Maybe they’re worried it’ll result in the same anti-chemistry where they come across as a bad pair of dorky knobheads.

Not that they have anything to worry about though. Look at these fucking superstars together. Pure sex.

A98A2B5F-FF49-421F-9981-8F90CB7A2EF5.thumb.jpeg.2bcd3b0eed1f2799627edc37c77a2f64.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

I agree with doing more character bio type stuff.

NXT did a great show 2weeks ago I think and was full story of Ciampa vs Gargano and a Balor section, no matches but did the trick.

All 3 shows could do with fleshing out characters, add layers to Drew, Aleister etc and introduce guys like Theory or other young nxt guys, have a "ones to watch" type segment.

Now they have time that they wouldn't normally have

8 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Now they have time that they wouldn't normally have

While I see your point, Raw has ALWAYS had time for it. They just choose not to, which is annoying.

They produce this stuff online all the time and it's fantastic.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned yet how the new supposed bad ass champ who fears no-one actually refused to fight someone until provoked because he was too tired.

I thought that was pretty odd as I was watching it, then forgot about it straight after, but yeah it’s a bizarre move. There must have been at least Drew, Show, Heyman and Vince or HHH involved in that. One of them should have realised, but perhaps they thought nobody will care anyway and the refusal stuff will fill another couple of minutes of airtime.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I wonder if they’re scared to lean too much into the fact that Montez and Bianca are a couple after being burned so badly doing it with Becky and Seth. Maybe they’re worried it’ll result in the same anti-chemistry where they come across as a bad pair of dorky knobheads.

Not that they have anything to worry about though. Look at these fucking superstars together. Pure sex.

A98A2B5F-FF49-421F-9981-8F90CB7A2EF5.thumb.jpeg.2bcd3b0eed1f2799627edc37c77a2f64.jpeg

They are an incredibly good looking couple, their chemistry is unreal and I don’t think even the most incompetent of writers could do too much to mess it up on screen, but I agree, they may not lean into it too much.

Edited by uklaw

19 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I thought that was pretty odd as I was watching it, then forgot about it straight after, but yeah it’s a bizarre move. There must have been at least Drew, Show, Heyman and Vince or HHH involved in that. One of them should have realised, but perhaps they thought nobody will care anyway and the refusal stuff will fill another couple of minutes of airtime.

With it all being pre-taped as well there is no reason they couldn't have sent Drew for a shower and a cuppa, switched a few things to say RAW and had him film it as if it was part of Raw the next day.

I used to think that part of the reason they don't do so much talking head type stuff and character development is that it doesn't go down as well in non English speaking markets but they've had the chance now to film hours of extra matches and fiddle about with the RAW that goes out for casual viewers in other areas, many of which (certainly in South East Asia) have the show broken down into a few hours a week anyway. 

33 minutes ago, simonworden said:

With it all being pre-taped as well there is no reason they couldn't have sent Drew for a shower and a cuppa, switched a few things to say RAW and had him film it as if it was part of Raw the next day.

The logic for that was probably for reactions like @Bellenda Carlisle above, where the “just faced Brock Lesnar” fatigue gave it a Money in the Bank-esque jeopardy that a standard Raw challenge from Big Show wouldn’t.

I've not watched Raw, and I don't plan to but it's absolutely crazy that Vince is asking Jerry Lawler, a man who actually had a heart attack during a live show, to travel to Florida for these unnecessary live shows. It's just as mad that, according to the report I read, that they booked Angel Garza to kiss a 'photographer' during the show. Given that WWE performers are flying in from right across the country, and given that COVID-19 is running wild there, I can't see any way that the irresponsible decision to run weekly live shows doesn't end in tears.