The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

It's not a horrendous idea to give the Viking guys a little bit of personality. Tag teams struggle as it is, and they've hardly set the world on fire on the main roster.

It's completely random but I'm all for allowing talent to form a connection with the audience rather than just wrestling.

Might not work but don't know til you try.

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Unfortunately its very easy to have fans turn on someone.

"Do more with them, not like that, do less, do more...ok that's too much they're ruined forever now" 

Not saying that's always the case but fickle fans never know what they want and all companies play catch up with fans perceptions.

What they did with them clearly isn’t going to work, especially since they already have New Day as the fun team and they will never be as successful as them at that gimmick.

They are a powerhouse team, no need to have them fucking about acting like twats. If they want to go that direction they could at least develop it, this came out of nowhere 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Unfortunately its very easy to have fans turn on someone.

"Do more with them, not like that, do less, do more...ok that's too much they're ruined forever now" 

Not saying that's always the case but fickle fans never know what they want and all companies play catch up with fans perceptions.

It'll be hard at the moment with nothing to go but social media and TV viewership. Ordinarily though, they have a sounding board night in and night out through the live crowds. Like any live entertainment, they're lucky/unlucky enough to experience instant feedback. They've always known what is and isn't working.

People will always be fickle. People who care enough to chat about stuff like wrestling, football, TV, movies, etc on forums and social media are particularly opinionated and always have been. And lots of them have individual opinion. You don't dismiss that core but it's not as important as empty seats, merch sales and crowd reactions night in and night out.

The Viking Raiders stuff is odd because it's such a departure from what they've been doing. They know it was worth doing though. Not because @kingpitcoshandshandy says so on Twitter but because crowds are lukewarm to them every time they do anything more than crush some jobber.

Yeah in some way they should've held of any character changes like these until live shows because that's where you can judge a real reaction rather than online which is mostly going to be negative, that's not just wrestling that's most things unfortunately.

I've read comments of "make then no non sense badasses", they kinda did and went nowhere, this new part of them might not be bad if they still kick ass and are serious where needed.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Yeah in some way they should've held of any character changes like these until live shows because that's where you can judge a real reaction rather than online which is mostly going to be negative, that's not just wrestling that's most things unfortunately.

I'm not sure it's a terrible time to try something. Whatever they do has to be an improvement to squash matches in front of no-one for them. Just won't get the feedback apart from off moaners online for months though.

5 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I've read comments of "make then no non sense badasses", they kinda did and went nowhere, this new part of them might not be bad if they still kick ass and are serious where needed.

I genuinely think you would find someone saying that for any wrestler somewhere, even Drake Maverick. I'd be keen to make sure they don't pussify them but trying to get across some personality is never a bad thing.

Guess I’m the only one more weirded out by the Lashley segments than the Raiders one, how do you go from him almost getting in Lana’s face last week like a heel to her being a giddy schoolgirl over him lifting a tire this week and him being a super nice happy smiley bloke

19 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

They could get over with being no nonsense badasses, but they still need good stories that aren’t just trading wins with people. Have they had any proper storylines that I’m not aware of? 

Online fans of anything are like the episode of the Simpson's with the kids describing what they want from Funzo.

I don't take much notice cos usually what they want is the opposite of what they're given.

Drew seems to be settling well in new role and mini feud with Vega's crew is making for good matches if nothing else.

Theory vs Black didn't click for me, seemed like Theory was blocking a lot which seemed to stall momentum and flow, decent but I expected more