Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

Recommended Posts

@tiger_rick agreed. It’s a great point about the Street Profits and Bianca Belair - for the people they’re using anyway, there’s ample opportunity now to flesh out the characters instead of contriving ways for them to have three matches in a row. 

I hope that they do the Drew McIntyre build-up stuff next week, and that the reason they didn’t do it this week just because of the hook to make it seem like he may have lost the title. He’s always talking about his past with Sheamus in interviews as well, they could use that as a way in to Sheamus as a short-term contender and save the matches with Rollins/Orton/AJ for when they get back in front of crowds. 

If they’re not able to get a venue now anyway, they might have to focus on interviews and documentary footage from next week. I can’t imagine that being worse than this show was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned yet how the new supposed bad ass champ who fears no-one actually refused to fight someone until provoked because he was too tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they’re scared to lean too much into the fact that Montez and Bianca are a couple after being burned so badly doing it with Becky and Seth. Maybe they’re worried it’ll result in the same anti-chemistry where they come across as a bad pair of dorky knobheads.

Not that they have anything to worry about though. Look at these fucking superstars together. Pure sex.

A98A2B5F-FF49-421F-9981-8F90CB7A2EF5.thumb.jpeg.2bcd3b0eed1f2799627edc37c77a2f64.jpeg

 

Edited by Supremo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with doing more character bio type stuff.

NXT did a great show 2weeks ago I think and was full story of Ciampa vs Gargano and a Balor section, no matches but did the trick.

All 3 shows could do with fleshing out characters, add layers to Drew, Aleister etc and introduce guys like Theory or other young nxt guys, have a "ones to watch" type segment.

Now they have time that they wouldn't normally have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Now they have time that they wouldn't normally have

While I see your point, Raw has ALWAYS had time for it. They just choose not to, which is annoying.

They produce this stuff online all the time and it's fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FUM said:

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned yet how the new supposed bad ass champ who fears no-one actually refused to fight someone until provoked because he was too tired.

I thought that was pretty odd as I was watching it, then forgot about it straight after, but yeah it’s a bizarre move. There must have been at least Drew, Show, Heyman and Vince or HHH involved in that. One of them should have realised, but perhaps they thought nobody will care anyway and the refusal stuff will fill another couple of minutes of airtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is big show vs drew a mania match as happened with mania graphics etc still up, or a raw match as when it aired? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I wonder if they’re scared to lean too much into the fact that Montez and Bianca are a couple after being burned so badly doing it with Becky and Seth. Maybe they’re worried it’ll result in the same anti-chemistry where they come across as a bad pair of dorky knobheads.

Not that they have anything to worry about though. Look at these fucking superstars together. Pure sex.

A98A2B5F-FF49-421F-9981-8F90CB7A2EF5.thumb.jpeg.2bcd3b0eed1f2799627edc37c77a2f64.jpeg

 

They are an incredibly good looking couple, their chemistry is unreal and I don’t think even the most incompetent of writers could do too much to mess it up on screen, but I agree, they may not lean into it too much.

Edited by uklaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My heart sank when his music hit but I actually thought Big Show was great there. He was being a right weird bastard bully and apart from the previously mentioned apprehension from Drew I enjoyed their segment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I thought that was pretty odd as I was watching it, then forgot about it straight after, but yeah it’s a bizarre move. There must have been at least Drew, Show, Heyman and Vince or HHH involved in that. One of them should have realised, but perhaps they thought nobody will care anyway and the refusal stuff will fill another couple of minutes of airtime.

With it all being pre-taped as well there is no reason they couldn't have sent Drew for a shower and a cuppa, switched a few things to say RAW and had him film it as if it was part of Raw the next day.

I used to think that part of the reason they don't do so much talking head type stuff and character development is that it doesn't go down as well in non English speaking markets but they've had the chance now to film hours of extra matches and fiddle about with the RAW that goes out for casual viewers in other areas, many of which (certainly in South East Asia) have the show broken down into a few hours a week anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, simonworden said:

With it all being pre-taped as well there is no reason they couldn't have sent Drew for a shower and a cuppa, switched a few things to say RAW and had him film it as if it was part of Raw the next day.

The logic for that was probably for reactions like @Bellenda Carlisle above, where the “just faced Brock Lesnar” fatigue gave it a Money in the Bank-esque jeopardy that a standard Raw challenge from Big Show wouldn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not watched Raw, and I don't plan to but it's absolutely crazy that Vince is asking Jerry Lawler, a man who actually had a heart attack during a live show, to travel to Florida for these unnecessary live shows. It's just as mad that, according to the report I read, that they booked Angel Garza to kiss a 'photographer' during the show. Given that WWE performers are flying in from right across the country, and given that COVID-19 is running wild there, I can't see any way that the irresponsible decision to run weekly live shows doesn't end in tears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured either the state or the Networks would step in and tell Vince he’s nuts. Florida declaring them an essential business leaves just USA to stop them now. Fucking crazy. Someone’s going to actually die.

Should make for a good episode of Dark Side of the Ring, though. I suspect they’re already working on it for next season.

Edited by Supremo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...