The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
On 3/12/2020 at 8:05 AM, Supremo said:

Bar a few exceptions (like when she and Ronda decided to beat the shit out of each other at Survivor Series), I just find her to be one of the the most boring, patterned, formulaic wrestlers on the roster.

She’s solid at everything, doesn’t do anything particularly bad, but it’s patently obvious she’s come through the WWE system with little to no other influences.

It’s no wonder they love her. She’s pure, distilled WWE style. Everything she does in the ring and on the microphone would get her a 10/10 gold star from Matt Bloom but that’s all she’s got. I think what we’re seeing these days is that there’s a definite shelf-life to being the top of the class at the Performance Centre.

She felt like a step above everyone when she moved up to the main roster, but three or four years down the line, where neither the performance or the act has really evolved? Fucking torturous. These most recent promos honestly feel like even she’s bored of doing the same shit over and over again, each hollow, “whooo!” more lifeless than the last.

She's the female Randy Orton! 

10 minutes ago, chokeout said:

She's the female Randy Orton! 

Except she could probably charge an exorbitant fee to shit in people's bags.

• Paid Members

That worked pretty well I thought all things considered.The Stone Cold segment would have died on its arse in front of a live crowd too.

• Paid Members

Why are they trying to continue as "normal"? It's absolute death. I don't blame them for trying to put a show out because people need something at the moment and they can provide it but doing what they'd usually do in front of nobody is awful.

56 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Why are they trying to continue as "normal"? It's absolute death. I don't blame them for trying to put a show out because people need something at the moment and they can provide it but doing what they'd usually do in front of nobody is awful.

I agree Rick.

It's weird and just doesn't work.

They need to stop performing like they have a live crowd and get more creative.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's been enough for me on Smackdown and Raw to make them enjoyable in their own ways. It's a nice bit of escapism anyway.

It's not escapism when the empty arena is a constant reminder. 

Skipping the replay of the 'Rumble, it was again an easy watch. I'm not saying it's great, but it's definitely an odd escapism I'm still on board for. Seeing Undertaker hobbling at normal speed down the ramp dressed like a Hell's Angel meth dealer to flip a table in complete silence is the new weirdest thing I've seen in wrestling. No doubt it'll be topped by something else next week. 

This stuff knocks Charlie Brooker into a cocked hat. 

• Paid Members

I'm with @tiger_rick. Doing what they usually do in an empty warehouse is fucking weird and doesn't allow for even the slightest bit of escapism. They'll continue to do it until forced not to because Vince is a maniac, but they'd be better off just airing, "Best Of," specials on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It's not like they haven't got the footage.

We thought Drew was fucked beforehand. Wait until the poor bastard has to raise the belt aloft in front of nobody, shitty indoor fireworks going off behind him.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:54 AM, Supremo said:

She badly needs to do a Bray Wyatt and fuck off for a solid nine months to a year, only returning when she’s got a whole new character, look and delivery. The only reason she’s mixing it up with Rhea and the NXT belt is because they’ve otherwise ran out of things to do with her as, “The Queen.”

It spoke volumes for both her and her male counterpart Roman that a slight costume change to look like pseudo-pirates for the Wrestlemania poster was the freshest thing either of them have done in what feels like years. Instantly made both of them feel like much bigger stars.

CF71CDFA-884A-4B5D-BA18-DEF8D9CAEFF3.jpeg.e08edf09391b3ce86ac8353b3ea66b2e.jpeg

Shout out to Cena though, still rocking the cap and jean shorts even when sailing the Seven Seas. That’s commitment.

Bit bad when the promo poster only contains 1 champion on it.