The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

On 3/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, BomberPat said:

Yeah, I thought it was very telling on the FCW documentary when she talked about showing up on her first day and basically not being able to name anyone in the business apart from her dad, and "not knowing what a headlock was". Obviously she's probably over-exaggerating for effect, and she may have changed considerably since then, but the way she wrestles does seem entirely like you describe - a product of the WWE system, without a single outside influence.

And that means we've never seen her adapt to her opponent's style, or ever really adapt to do anything different from her usual routine. And I think diversity/adaptability is one of the most important things to make someone a great wrestler.

If you ask Bret Hart he would say that about her old man. 

On a side note w these empty building shows. Surely just do some packages bringing together well researched bits for the feuds, add some current matches and old school bouts that haven't aired before. That could cover 2 hours easily. 

Edited by Michael_3165

Not gonna lie.

With no crowd but the talent still playing up to a non existent crowd, it’s almost as if WWE is now the most technically polished and well produced backyard fed ever.

Lets get Angarr to the PC.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This Austin 3:16 day segments is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen 

It was awful. Has to go down as one of the all-time bad Raw closers. All of Austin's lines were weak, and the shite with Byron ranking him... It all just seemed so lazy. I'm sure Austin got paid well for the gig, but it was embarrassing. 

Edge and Becky's promos earlier were alright. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It was awful. Has to go down as one of the all-time bad Raw closers. All of Austin's lines were weak, and the shite with Byron ranking him... It all just seemed so lazy. I'm sure Austin got paid well for the gig, but it was embarrassing. 

Edge and Becky's promos earlier were alright. 

Yeah take that and the rumble replay out and it wasn’t a total bust. But if they think I’m watching Mania go out like that, they have another thing coming

This Undertaker stuff is proper WrestleCrap. I'm not even sure where to start. I get that it's the angle they're going for, but when they Johnny Cashed him up a few years ago that was a decent way of making him seem more human. Not showing him and his missus paddling around with a tiger. It's freakishly reminiscent of the way WCW would handle a Sting or Goldberg on a whim in their last few years. "Hey wouldn't this be interesting", no heed paid to protecting the character. They've long run out of interesting WrestleMania builds for 'Taker. From some of the best to some of the absoloute worst. 

• Paid Members

Charly Caruso’s legs and face were the highlight of Raw this week. Aside from Orton’s promo (the whole feud With Edge has been excellent) and a decent little banger between Ricochet/Alexander and the good looking Mexican lads, it was a total paint by numbers show. 

The AJ/Undertaker stuff is proper wank. A boneyard match? Presumably this is their attempt at a PG version of a casket match and this is one of the instances where they shoot in a different location. It’s the type of angle where someone in the CM Punk mould would really excel as a heel shithouse who would relentlessly take the piss and captivate you at the same time. Styles just isn’t on that level when it comes to the verbiage. 

Aside from Orton I thought they were sleep-walking through promos this week. Heyman, AJ, Baszler, Rollins all nearly put me to sleep. I thought after the last couple of weeks the quality had been going up a bit in some cases, but this was a downturn in quality. 

Also, incredible that they switched the hard cam, effectively copying Dynamite. Definitely the right call because the empty chairs looked a bit ridiculous after a couple of shows. 

• Awards Moderator

Boneyard Match could be a decent way to hide Undertaker's limitations. It's far more likely it'll go all House Of Horrors, or Sting vs. Vampiro in the graveyard, but it could be a decent way to hide his limitations...

Perhaps they're building to a big finish where they set a liger loose on Styles.

35 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Boneyard Match could be a decent way to hide Undertaker's limitations. It's far more likely it'll go all House Of Horrors, or Sting vs. Vampiro in the graveyard, but it could be a decent way to hide his limitations...

Perhaps they're building to a big finish where they set a liger loose on Styles.

Don't think he'll be allowed to make the trip from Japan. Damn coronavirus.

• Paid Members

I mean, AJ showed off the Taker clip of him and the tiger so it had that.

i’ve realised that these shows now are in essence the longest Wrestlemania pre-shows ever. Just promos and highlight packages for Mania matches and pointless matches.

47 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I know wrestling can be a distraction during this time, but watching any of it at the moment just depresses me.

Just do what I'm doing and eschew wwe tv until Wrestlemania, at which time I'll feast on the glorious wrestlecrap. Planning to still watch Dynamite though as long as it goes on.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz