The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

For anyone who watches Raw live (nutter), clocks in the US go forward tonight. 

I dont mean to be pedantic but they went forward last night, makes no difference as you're still correct Raw is on an Hour earlier but it does mean Elimination Chamber is on at 11pm tonight and not midnight

• Paid Members

Heyman (or Vince when he changed everything) went full Russo writing AJ's promo. Fucking hell. There's plenty of fun in AJ just calling him finished without playing the REAL NAMEZ card.

That Ripley-Charlotte confrontation was so weird because of that trope of making them half face the hard cam. What the hell was that about?

They got 45 minutes of filler out of Rollins/Black and the subsequent 8 man tag. Well done to them. 

Drew squash was all he needed. Did he kill the toy spider though? Not very nice.

Edge was on point for his return. Him killing MVP after Orton killed Matt Hardy was nice symmetry. What year is it again?

Becky promo to open was good. Reckon Vince's backstage thoughts got a hearing though. "Black hole of charisma" had to be him.

Disappointing lack of pointing at the sign this close to Mania. Them lads hang that for a reason. 

Edited by tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator

That spider was clearly a very rare species - speaking for myself, I’ve never seen or heard of one like it. It might be the last of its kind. And Drew McIntyre just killed it. I know people don’t like spiders generally but that’s no act of a babyface. What did the spider ever do to anyone?

• Paid Members

Two extreme ends of the spectrum.

Becky calling herself the bitch that runs the division and telling Shayna she’s gonna smash her face in was the best promo she’s cut in over a year and came across great. 

Then AJ’s shoot~! promo was the worst thing he’s ever done in the company. Real names~! met by deathly silence. Straight out of 2000 WCW. Plus, should they really be highlighting how old and shit Taker is when there’s every chance him and AJ will have a stinker that proves everything he says to be correct? I know they’ll think AJ’s talented enough to get something passable out of Taker but, quite frankly, when was AJ’s last great match? And what does his Wrestlemania record suggest? The miracle super worker that AJ once was seems long gone.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That spider was clearly a very rare species - speaking for myself, I’ve never seen or heard of one like it. It might be the last of its kind. And Drew McIntyre just killed it. I know people don’t like spiders generally but that’s no act of a babyface. What did the spider ever do to anyone?

It's like Jake Roberts and Earthquake all over again...

1 hour ago, ThumpSquids said:

It's like Jake Roberts and Earthquake all over again...

At least Earthquake was a heel and you could play it off as him being a dick or afraid of Snakes (everyone that Jake feuded with turns out was afraid of Snakes). As @HarmonicGenerator said, Drew’s supposed to be the face and killed Rowan’s spider for no reason, making him a bit of a sociopath. Why the hell he’s dicking about with Erik Rowan when the biggest match of his life is less than 4 weeks away is another question entirely.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Why the hell he’s dicking about with Erik Rowan when the biggest match of his life is less than 4 weeks away is another question entirely.

it was a squash. It's wrestling 101.

• Paid Members
Very good Raw this week I thought. As usual with the three hours there's a lot of shite chucked in to fill time, but the good bits this week definitely make up for that. 

Great
Best Becky promo in an age, which I thought struck a good balance between putting Baszler and her ability over, mugging her off with insults in typical Becky fashion, and yet still built interest in the match at Wrestlemania. Massively effective. The Rhea/Charlotte gubbins wasn't as entertaining but still very functional and Ripley looked hard. 

Mysterio/Garza - Cracking little TV bout. I know they have a massive hard-on for repetition and we'll keep seeing different combinations of the four Mexican lads between now and Wrestlemania, but if they keep having short, sharp bangers like this I'm not complaining. At least the lucha style is fun to watch and by its nature adds a bit of variety in it's own right. 

Drew/Rowan - Drew is just the bollocks at the moment. RIP Rowan’s furry friend.

AJ promo - Contrary to many, I'm fine with them taking this in an extremely personal direction and it ramps up the interest massively. It's different to what they've done in recent years with build up to Undertaker matches, and as a heel it makes perfect sense for AJ to ramp up the mind games with him to try and get himself an advantage. Although he's got Gallows/Anderson in tow he's clearly not going to overpower him, so it makes perfect sense for him to fuck with him in this way. There's also intrigue now in terms of how Undertaker himself replies to this - we may actually see him attempt to do a promo which isn't the usual Rest In Piece bollocks. Also, nothing against Aleister Black but this is a much better direction to go in now rather than a potential 3-on-2 scenario we were looking at immediately post-Chamber. 

Edge/Orton - Just a great vehicle to keep the rivalry going. As much as it’s annoying to have someone show up late to the show in WWE land, the anticipation of Edge’s arrival lead to the big pop, he was mad up for it and by that point so were the crowd. This feud feels proper big time and I can’t wait to watch them fuck each other up at Wrestlemania. On a side note I'd be up for MVP being a regular mouthpiece for someone. 

Shite
Lashley/Ryder - Waste of TV time. Lashley’s not someone anyone’s even remotely interested in seeing re-heated/re-pushed, and even if it was someone worth pushing, a win against Ryder does absolutely nothing for that person. 

Kabuki Warriors vs Morgan/Natalya - Have the Kabuki Warriors been doing those psychotic promos for long? That’s a challenging wank. Match was average. Also this Riott Squad bollocks needs shunting to Main Event.

Riddick Moss/Alexander - Bin.

Eight-man tag - Match was fine, but the singles match between Black/Rollins before that was going well, and Black looks like a bit of a schmuck and totally forgotten about while they were setting up that tag, which is dumb as fuck in it’s own right. Stunners all round for the heels next week with Owens/Austin should be fun though.