The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Someone was saying on here a few days ago, how clearly nobody says "no" to Vince any more, unlike the Goldberg era they're all just happy to be there.  That Drew interview was ridiculous - it's all my fault, I'm lucky to be here, waa waa.  No way Lesnar or Goldberg would agree to a promo like that.  

Edit: Bazsler looks like a fucking star though, so that's a positive.  Did anyone else notice Daivari in the pull apart?  Is he a road agent now?

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Frankly, looking at the current roster, the only guy who I think could overcome it is Montez Ford, who continues to absolutely reek of future Wrestlemania headliner. 

Absolutely. He's given the usual awful WWE comedy material, but he has the delivery and the aura to just make it work. They'd have to be actively trying to fuck that one up. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Loki said:

Someone was saying on here a few days ago, how clearly nobody says "no" to Vince any more, unlike the Goldberg era they're all just happy to be there.  That Drew interview was ridiculous - it's all my fault, I'm lucky to be here, waa waa.  No way Lesnar or Goldberg would agree to a promo like that. 

This is a big issue now. People complain all the time about these one dimensional characters with no depth and no motivation and then when they actually add some, they complain that it shows weakness. I didn't mind the sit down interview at all, thought it added some layers to him. The smiley stuff he's done lately is far more damaging.

Montez Ford should be money. He won't be but he should be.

Yeah Drew is slowly getting eaten away at by the writing unfortunately. It was inevitable but they rarely stick to whatever made someone popular in the first place. It's either changing them to fit whatever they think a top face should be doing, or smashing us over the head with something that became naturally popular to the point where we're all sick of it.

Perfectly entertaining episode of Raw that. Good start to what looks to be a cracking week of pro wrestling.

Glad to see them take a different route with Aleister Black and have him work from underneath this week. Thought he did a great job selling what was a fairly weak beat down. Him dropping the cryptic bollocks to call out Styles was a step in the right direction.

Garza vs Humberto was tasty. Nice to see they haven't given up on Carrillo, got a big soft spot for that kid.

Drew's sit down was spot on. Great work showing his WWE journey so far. Agreed that smiley Drew coming out at the end sucked the wind out of it a bit. Frustrating seeing them make the same mistakes with their babyfaces over and over.

Contrast that with Shayna Baszler. She looked like the coolest fucker in the world coming out through the crowd. Props to the "bite me!" line from Asuka too, that was class.

I thought they did a decent job of switching up the Owens/Rollins beef and keeping it interesting. Really cool to see Montez Ford get some solid ring time, first time they've really highlighted him as a future star. Zero promo time for Seth is always a positive as well. The heel ref angle at the end is the type of goofy pro wrestling shit I'm a sucker for.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

he's stuck playing the stereotypical dancing black man forever because of Vince's racism.

Remember this post when Velveteen Dream is doing the electric bogaloo during his curtain jerking matches on Smackdown. 

VKM has all the subtlety of the KKK. 

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Remember this post when Velveteen Dream is doing the electric bogaloo during his curtain jerking matches on Smackdown. 

VKM has all the subtlety of the KKK. 

Knowing Vince, Dream will be dancing with New Day in the pre-show battle royal by Mania.

• Paid Members

Is worrying about Velveteen Dream's main roster promotion even a thing anymore? I thought we'd all came to terms with the fact that live TV has exposed Dream quite badly and there's a growing number of guys in NXT who've completely surpassed and overshadowed him. Whatever, "It Factor," Velveteen had, Keith Lee and Matt Riddle in particular have far more of it these days.

Last night's crowd was great all night, so the jury's still out, but this was the first time where Shayna Baszler felt like she properly arrived on the main roster. Between the deathly silence for that Survivor Series main event and then the slightly awkward reaction she got at Royal Rumble, I've been worried what worked in NXT wasn't going to translate. It was great to see her swaggering through the crowd, with everyone reacting like she was a total superstar. I'm really excited about her one-on-one match with Becky at Wrestlemaania. I bet Becky's delighted to be going on much earlier than last year, too.

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I thought we'd all came to terms with the fact that live TV has exposed Dream quite badly

Did it? He only appeared on the first live episode then was out injured until about 3 weeks ago. If anything he's been victim to being injured at the worst moment, the brand has moved on at pace while he was on the shelf so he's lost some of the shine he had but I don't think it's down to anything performance wise.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Did it?

I think so, yeah. Of almost everyone on the NXT roster, especially since Bianca Belair has improved so drastically, I think he stands out as one who desperately needs further development before being thrown onto live national TV. The few matches he's had on the USA Network have been a big step down from his Takeover stuff, suggesting he was probably rehearsing them. There's no denying the injury has harmed his momentum as well, but regardless you can definitely see the big gulf in ability, confidence and talent between him and the more seasoned guys since NXT went live.

I've been less concerned about his matches and more about the way his character has been managed. It just hasn't been working since the NXT TV move. Even before the weird shit with Roddy recently, he had some really strange couch stuff and singing and fuck knows what else. I can't even remember. All I do remember is being very confused about what they were doing with him.