The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Best case scenario, this is leading to a heel turn. But then you remember it’s Ricochet, who’s got no business whatsoever being a heel

He worked briefly as heel in PWG a few years back. And I think towards the end of his run but I haven’t seen that stuff yet. But the first time it worked well as he was just a cocky, arrogant prick in the ring and got boos. Just don’t let him near a mic. Heel or face. That’s someone who desperately needs a mouthpiece. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Are we meant to think Erick Rowan's toy shop spider is scary? What's the story behind it?

well it has "bitten" people and caused blood. But it is clearly a £20 kids toy so I have no idea

Maybe they’re setting up Ricochet to join Seth’s boys. But it hasn’t looked good for poor Ricochet since they gave him a mic and sent him out to die against Heyman a few weeks back. Looks like he’s been full on Cedric Alexander-d. Brutal. I quiet like the look of the Moss guy though, whoever the fuck he is, decent look and heel work.

Good tag match and sticking the belts on The Street Prophets in Brooklyn was a refreshingly good read of the audience. I always feel sorry for Dawkins. He’s likeable and charismatic in his own way, but there’s just nobody in the world like Montez Ford. I worry that something stupid like his skinny legs will put the kibosh on a proper push.

The Shayna/Becky stuff is frustrating. I don’t get why slapstick heel Kairi Sane is suddenly looking competitive against the person they’re trying to get over as a killer heel. Utterly stupid. Becky’s a diamond, but God bless them, it’s easy to see why crowds start to root against all the babyfaces they push. Feels more like they’re prepping her for a shitty WWE studio movie role than building a Mania feud. The ‘pride before the fall’ bit is an odd choice and risky territory for your babyface. Can only hope they get serious after Elimination Chamber. 

The Aleister Black match was equally odd and frustrating. It’s one of those segments where they’re trying to protect everyone involved but end up doing the opposite. Black felt like any other guy and Styles beating him didn’t feel big at all. Pairing Black with Taker would be a solid direction, especially if Taker’s not up to it. Gallows and Anderson are so lame though that any feud with them feels like a waste of  everyone’s time.

Rowan’s reveal and explanation were genuinely hilarious to me. I hope they’re cutting bait on the angle, it’s pure jobber material. Rowan’s actually really good! 

The opening and closing angles made the show. Keep it simple with Drew and he looks like a killer. Almost perfect night for him although I shook my head when he had to get the sign point in there. There’s not else much you can say about Brock Lesnar. He was absolutely phenomenal in this. 

Orton continues his hot streak. I never thought a long, wordy Randy Orton promo could be this captivating but this is top tier stuff. Crowd were insufferable all night but he’s so in tune with what he’s doing it didn’t make a dent.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Watched some of the clips on YouTube this morning

Title of the Orton/Beth video is: “Randy Orton RKOs Beth Phoenix leaving WWE Universe stunned” was basically 3 minutes of that crowd chanting for an RKO, cheering once it hit and then crowd shots of fans smiling and applauding

Watched the Kairi/Shayna video, they’ve been advertising Asuka/Shayna for the past 3 days, no idea why it’s changed but I’m glad they didn’t go with it as that match could be huge down the line, fans chant boring and then Becky continues to look more cringe by the week.

I hate the people that go to these shows.

Heyman wanted to push Ricochet, Black and Andrade didn’t he? Looks like that got rejected.

Asuka was ruled out with a sprained wrist hours before the show

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Pairing Black with Taker would be a solid direction, especially if Taker’s not up to it. Gallows and Anderson are so lame though that any feud with them feels like a waste of  everyone’s time.

Good point that. I thought of that during the show too. Taker giving Black the rub in some tag matches would be great for him.

17 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Crowd were insufferable all night

I just don't see this. Seems to be a complaint on here every week about dead crowds at WWE shows, and I've noted some hideously quiet ones on Raw of late, and when we get an enthusiastic crowd they're insufferable. Any particular reason? I only noticed the RKO thing which you could see coming a mile off. If they chanted boring in the Shayna match then fair enough too, it was, but can't say I noticed that.

Insufferable is admittedly a bit strong but I thought it was the worst crowd in a while. I appreciate the enthusiasm but there’s been a noticeable uptick in crowd noise on the shows the last couple of months. Maybe it’s me not getting the ‘waaaaat’ sounds they were doing. Too much making wacky noise for the sake of making noise for me.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Orton promo was fantastic, auld Randy can really turn it on when he wants to. Hopefully they throw together a proper timeline vignette package for the Mania match. Going by the 'Ruthless Aggression' series, they've tonnes of quality, never before seen backstage footage knocking about.

I'm a sucker for that shite, last good ones I can remember are the  Bret/Taker 'Running up that Hill', Bret/Vince and Bryan/HHH Mania ones.

Edited by DCW

32 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Good to see Drew getting shined up by Lesnar. Brock is great when he wants to be. Not looking forward to the pull apart brawl that empties the locker room in a few weeks though.

Brock is one of the best to ever do it. 

Did you see him telling Drew to pick up the title when we was on the deck? He is money and knows what it takes to make money.

• Paid Members

I hate spiders, but have actually held a snake once. I'm certain if there was a character on the WWF called Dave The Spider Robson, I wouldnt be bothered about them. Jake having one meant they couldnt be that bad. Its also the reason I cant drink piss out of a pint glass.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

I agree about Brock, he can be a lazy git when he fancies it though. He is one of the best ever when it comes to understanding the business. 

What examples do you have of Brock being lazy that aren’t examples of Vinces bad booking of matches?

• Paid Members

I love Moxley as much as anyone, but if that piss-poor Kenny Omega match is any indication of the type of CZW-style shit he wanted to do at Wrestlemania then I don't blame Brock for fucking him off.