The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Whatever, "It Factor," Velveteen had, Keith Lee and Matt Riddle in particular have far more of it these days.

Keith Lee will be doing Brodus Clay's Funkasaurus gimmick within a week of getting on the main roster full time. As for Riddle, he has a different problem. You can't ruffle Lesnar's feathers. Vince has shown he will do virtually anything to keep Brock happy. If he annoys Brock again he will be doing jobs on Main Event in double quick time.Ā 

12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Is worrying about Velveteen Dream's main roster promotion even a thing anymore? I thought we'd all came to terms with the fact that live TV has exposed Dream quite badly and there's a growing number of guys in NXT who've completely surpassed and overshadowed him.

He's hardly been on live tv (like, about 3 times overall!) so it's not that. Ā We forget how young he is, and how little experience he has compared with your Keith Lee or whoever.

He'll be fine, he'll settle back into the NXT roster this year and I can't imagine his call up will be for a few years. Ā He's genuinely too talented to not make it eventually I think.

• Paid Members

Fuck yeah Drew! I donā€™t know if they panickedĀ after the last few weeks of misfires, but this was the character he shouldā€™ve been portraying since The Rumble. He looked the business smashing Brock up and then posing with the belt.

The rest of the show was completely skippable though. Even the Orton angle didnā€™t really work because the singular RKO felt relatively tame compared to the bad murdering heā€™s been doing. Plus, the crowd cheered him like a bunch of pricks, killing the drama dead.

The real headline is Ricochet though. What the fuck has happened to that manā€™sĀ career. When they announced the 24/7 thing I tried my best to imagine a scenario where he could use it to build himself back up. Maybe he does a sort of John Cena Challenge thing and defends it on Raw, Smackdown and NXT, racking up some much needed wins? Or maybe he goes full Crash Holly and we see him doing fun superhero acrobatics in real-world settings?Ā But then the chump lost to Riddick fucking Moss, failing to win a belt Kelly Kelly andĀ Maria Kanellis have held. Wow. Best case scenario, this is leading to a heel turn. But then you remember itā€™s Ricochet,Ā whoā€™s got no business whatsoever being a heel. Unbelievable scenes.

• Paid Members

They clearly tried hard to cone out hot this week. The Heyman promo was solid if a bit of a retread but the reactions for McIntyre were promising and then he marched out looking a million dollars and ready to go and kicked Lesnar's head off. The rest was superfluous, they'd done the job.Ā 

Tag title change was designed to feel big and the Profits did a good job with their promo but they've done a dreadful job of creating this "last chance" storyline. I can't even remember them havingĀ chances bar the shitshow that nobody watches. Such poorly written stuff again but the crowd in Brooklyn made it.

AJ did a great job with another massive retread. Especially as Taker has already killed him. Doesn't matter how many times we've seen this now, when he went for Taker's trademark pin, the crowd still gasped. I can't wait for the eventual full Taker entrance as AJ shits himself, only for it to be Luke Gallows completing the set.

Orton promo was very, very well delivered. Not sure I love the direction of this but can't deny he was brilliant in delivering the message. The RKO was well executed and given gravitas. Gives Edge more of a reason to come back firing than Randy ending him because he's worried about him.

What the fuck have they done to Ricochet (again)?

Andrade was always going to lose coming off suspension. Half an hour on the BT app for the match, the pre match promo and the ad breaks. Half an hour for the Riott Squad match and Edge recap too, with ads. That's some serious filler.

36 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What the fuck have they done to Ricochet (again)?

Yeah I'm starting to wonder what they're doing with him. Considering Heyman is meant to be a fan of him, it's a very strange treatment of him at the moment. Hopefully it's the start of some weird motivational kick up the arse for him type storyline but I don't know.

Watched some of the clips on YouTube this morning

Title of the Orton/Beth video is: ā€œRandy Orton RKOs Beth Phoenix leaving WWE Universe stunnedā€ was basically 3 minutes of that crowd chanting for an RKO, cheering once it hit and then crowd shots of fans smiling and applauding

Watched the Kairi/Shayna video, theyā€™ve been advertising Asuka/Shayna for the past 3 days,Ā no idea why itā€™s changed but Iā€™m glad they didnā€™t go with it as that match could be huge down the line, fans chant boring and then Becky continues to look more cringe by the week.

I hate the people that go to these shows.

Heyman wanted to push Ricochet, Black and Andrade didnā€™t he? Looks like that got rejected.

Ā 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Lesnar doing his best to make Drew look a star, even as far as kindly reminding him to grab the belt after the Claymore on the stage. Surprised they left that in on the YouTube highlight too rather than altering the audio.Ā Around 3:20 in this clip.

Absolutely love when Lesnar decides he's up for something and does his utmost to put his opponent over strong.Ā 

Great angle to redeem Drew after all the corny shite of the past few weeks. Crowd made it that much better too with their reaction. Shame the same crowd fuck up the angle at the end with the RKO chants.Ā 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, FailedPromoter said:

Shame the same crowd fuck up the angle at the end with the RKO chants.Ā 

That was the most obvious angle in wrestling history. It's a carbon copy of the Orton stuff from years ago when he was kicking McMahons. If they're going to book something so blatant, they've got to accept that the crowd are going to react before it happens. The crowd already patiently sat through about ten minutes of Orton promo too. They have to be able to read the crowd reaction to stuff like this. It's not like they haven't got a decade of experience now.

6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That was the most obvious angle in wrestling history. It's a carbon copy of the Orton stuff from years ago when he was kicking McMahons. If they're going to book something so blatant, they've got to accept that the crowd are going to react before it happens. The crowd already patiently sat through about ten minutes of Orton promo too. They have to be able to read the crowd reaction to stuff like this. It's not like they haven't got a decade of experience now.

Of course mate. We've come to expect nowadays that for every one thing they manage to get right, they seem to misfire a ton on other things.Ā 

• Paid Members

They've got "RKO Out Of Nowhere" over to the point that it's a crossover meme, and "suddenly hitting your finisher unexpectedly" has been a surefire pop since Steve AustinĀ at least, and he used to hit his on women all the time. Couple that with a product where nothing of significance really happens for weeks at a time, and of course the crowd are going to pop the moment anything interesting occurs - it's the same reason they cheer at heel turns, because at least they've seenĀ somethingĀ happen.

• Paid Members

I watched the first 2 segments live, and then the last segment this morning.

The Brock/Drew stuff was great after a few dodgy weeks. I have no idea why the Street Profits (who a month ago were still doing Saturday Night Live rip off skits for no reason) had one last chance to win the belts but that made it very obvious they were going over. Good match though.

Randell..... Oh man. I mean he is on the peak form of his career. I have never got him, but his work the last few weeks has been great. But this segment wasn't great. Very predictable and the crowd cheering took the drama out. Plus the over reaction afterwards as if Randy had shot her and not hit her with an RKO. And the problem is we have almost another month of this. They are starting these Wrestlemania angles too far in advance.

Also, Rowan revealed what was in the cage.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch