The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Had s skip through this just to see what they'd do after "Wrestlemania".

Black vs. Crews went half an hour (with 3 ad breaks). 

They dragged Street Profits and Belair vs. Vega, Garza and Theory out for three matches that lasted about a year.

They did Show vs. McIntyre WM9 style as a post Mania challenge.

The announcers actually mentioned that the post-Mania Raw is the most unpredictable night of the year. Bland PBP guy said it's the night they hit the reset button. Looked more like the longest episode of Superstars of Wrestling you ever saw, without the pops.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Must be really difficult to do a post-Mania show without knowing where they're going to be in the future.

Do we even know how much they have taped?

Just NXT and Smackdown is my understanding. They were hoping to go live from the PC next weeek but not sure if they can die to the Orlando lockdown still in place

They’re hoping to run Smackdown as normal this Friday from wherever it was booked for, but there’s no way that’s going to happen. 

Assuming that the order on Orlando is lifted this week (they were placed on 2 week lockdown as opposed to 3 weeks), then Smackdown, and everything else for that matter, will most likely be back at the PC for the foreseeable 

This was a real for-the-sake-of-it episode. Nothing of note, and some of what threadbare content was there went on for ages. Which is understandable, under the circumstances - the less people in close contact filling up more time, the safer it is. But it isn't worth watching.

is there any way i can watch last nights Raw on the Network? 

Just watching the 2014 Raw after Mania, an amazing show

Daniel Bryan

Crowd chanting Yes longer than one of the title matches from this years Mania

Bad News Barrett a massive face over Rey,

Fandango still getting the crowd to sing along.

Warrior's final appearance

Paige's raw debut (from Nor-wich)

Still gives goosebumps with the opening montage. 

Edited by Sheffbag

32 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

is there any way i can watch last nights Raw on the Network? 

Just watching the 2014 Raw after Mania, an amazing show

Daniel Bryan

Crowd chanting Yes longer than one of the title matches from this years Mania

Bad News Barrett a massive face over Rey,

Fandango still getting the crowd to sing along.

Warrior's final appearance

Paige's raw debut (from Nor-wich)

Still gives goosebumps with the opening montage. 

Wyatt’s pop that night when they win the six man is enormous as well. And all the more poignant after this year.

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Yeah, but not until next month. And nothing happened anyway.

Nothing Happened??

You must of missed the game changing trade of Apollo Crews moving to Raw

Completely changing the landscape of the WWE as we know it

Nia Jax returning after a year out was at least one noteworthy event but yeah aside from that it wasn't up to much

The matches were ok but nothing we haven't seen before

What I dont understand is why they made the Drew vs Big Show match happen 20 Minutes after Wrestlemania.

Why not just do what they did as part of Raw??? 

So Drew as the newly Crowned (at Wrestlemania no less) WWE champion didnt actually officially appear on Raw the night after?

I mean why was Drew coming to the ring 20 minutes after just winning the title for an interview?

Build up the segment throughout Raw as we will hear from the WWE Champion at the end of the night and then do what they did

Just not seeing any reason why it happened at the end of Wrestlemania and not just on Raw?

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

This was a real for-the-sake-of-it episode. Nothing of note, and some of what threadbare content was there went on for ages. Which is understandable, under the circumstances - the less people in close contact filling up more time, the safer it is. But it isn't worth watching.

I thought the best bits of the show were the promos taped after Mania from Becky and Charlotte especially. If I was putting these shows together, I'd be looking to do far more with character development than empty arena wrestling.

A few things screamed out at me watching the show, hopefully some constructive suggestions.

The first was that they've done nothing on screen to explain the Belair/Street Profits link-up. Obviously, she's his wife but that seems like a no-brainer to flesh that out with an interview and promo package. That's stuff they should do anyway and don't for whatever reason but there's absolutely no reason not to do it here when you are desperately trying to drag a show out.

The next was the Drew McIntyre crowning. That should have been the narrative of the show for me. Highlights of his career. Maybe even a classic match in full. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Michael Cole, Vince McMahon, etc talking about him. Whoever has been around this past few weeks could have taped something to flesh it out. Again, a relatively easy way to add half an hour to the show.

The third was the little package they did for the Edge network special. Again, could they have used more of that? Not in one chunk but spliced throughout the show. That's good, first run telly. Perhaps used next week with the McIntyre stuff this week to stop it being samey.

It strikes me that they went away from being wrestling hiring TV writers and going all "we make movies" but they're absolutely lost for the most part and rely on hours and hours of often meaningless wrestling to prop them up. They're in this unique environment where everyone is milling around and they still manage to make everything seem so bland and self-contained. I try not to be overly-critical because I appreciate its hard at the moment but they're the ones who insist on carrying on regardless.

I've banged on about titles and their so-called lack of importance but the other thing these shows do is absolutely hammer home how vital they are when there are no titles on show and no fans to care, everything is super bland.