The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Nice to see Noam Dar get a line during the cruiserweight segment in the back. I dread to think how baggy Raw would get in the event that the Cruiserweights went to Smackdown as they'd end up with more time to fill again, Also amusing to see how far Sin Hunico has fallen, coming out to his "that sounds a bit Mexican" entrance music and without his tramapoline and fancy lighting effects. I wonder how they'll handle Strowman and Nia Jax at Survivor Series. If Charlotte gets eliminated how would they play it into her "Undefeated on PPV" run? Nia Jax is still absolutely horrible, though.

That Goldberg Lesnar segment was great. Watching them both pacing like caged animals behind those <s>indie guys</s> security guards really gets over how much they want a piece of each other. Heyman sold it brilliantly, the way he always does. Goldberg showed some incredible fire in that promo as Lesnar just stares a hole in him. Brilliant stuff. Hopefully they just have that war we all expected at Mania 20 this time rather than trying to put on a clinic.

The whole getting people to team with their rivals thing was an interesting dynamic, but felt a bit played out. Hopefully it's not like that on Smackdown tomorrow. Why is Steph dressing like she's off out clubbing with a fake ID after the show? 

It was an interesting closing segment. Hilarious hearing the boos for the Raw guys on Raw against the Smackdown guys. Somebody really needs to have a word with themselves about how some of these guys are being used. I can't decide whether they were cheering for the Smackdown guys because it's genuinely the better show, or just to try and wind Steph up.

• Paid Members

I dread to think how baggy Raw would get in the event that the Cruiserweights went to Smackdown as they'd end up with more time to fill again

It was dull before they turned up and it's been dull since. I don't think it matters one iota.

If Charlotte gets eliminated how would they play it into her "Undefeated on PPV" run? Nia Jax is still absolutely horrible, though.

It's only, she's undefeated in singles matches on PPV anyway.  So it wouldn't matter.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they've made specific mention a few times about her being something like 12,13-0 in PPV Title Matches

Not sure of the top of my head if she has actually lost any matches on PPV in non Title matches anyway but they've made special mention of it being Title Matches that they focus on so Survivor Series wouldn't count

If Charlotte gets eliminated how would they play it into her "Undefeated on PPV" run? Nia Jax is still absolutely horrible, though.

It's only, she's undefeated in singles matches on PPV anyway.  So it wouldn't matter.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they've made specific mention a few times about her being something like 12,13-0 in PPV Title Matches

Not sure of the top of my head if she has actually lost any matches on PPV in non Title matches anyway but they've made special mention of it being Title Matches that they focus on so Survivor Series wouldn't count

She tapped out in a tag match on PPV a few months ago I think. The one where Bayley made her debut on the main roster.

Goldberg looked fucking jacked, the only thing I caught from last nights show was a highlighted clip of the segment on youtube, echo the statements that Goldberg is fucking class, I'm sure somewhere on the internet people are complaining that Brock seemed to be intimidated by a bloke 10 years his elder but whatever, totally not far-fetched for me to suspend my disbelief over a 260 pound nutter ready to run through a brick wall to give his opponent a kicking. 

You would think there's money in Goldberg vs Cena/Taker/whoever at Mania, surely. 

Fucking Steph, that bastard woman I swear, her stupid impressions and undermining anybody she does business with. She really is a massive tumour on this show that needs cutting out.

As anticipated, the crowd popped for individual people at the end, but once they started fighting just sat and thought "well, who do I cheer for, what do I do", fucking treating Wrestling like Football or some team sport, honestly never in my life, it will never work, it's about individuals with personal issues that get resolved, not team red vs team blue. As if Bray fucking Wyatt would agree to don a team jersey, he is a backwoods hillbilly that has this image of some texas chainsaw massacre type bloke.

Goldberg is the man, the absolute man, massive credit to heyman also, he walked that line perfectly and got that extra 10% out of the crowd to cheer Goldberg.

The only two people worth tuning for into Raw at the minute is Goldberg & Strowman for me. 

Everything else seems like its read off a script or done a million times before. 

Jericho was brilliant though as usual, I'll add him to the small list of good things on Raw. 

Edited by Briefcase

The only two people worth tuning for into Raw at the minute is Goldberg & Strowman for me. 

Everything else seems like its read off a script or done a million times before. 

Jericho was brilliant though as usual, I'll add him to the small list of good things on Raw.

You don't think Strowman sounds scripted? I like him but when he talks it couldn't be more obvious he's reading lines in a bad menacing voice.

I just fucking loved Goldberg's faces last night too, like the one he had immediately after telling Heyman he was going to rip his head off;

source.gif

He's got the 'Yeah, i'm fucking serious and i will kill you' face down to a damn tee, still.

Intensity you just can't really teach TBH. Fuck was he good.

Contrast that intensity with Kevin Owen's double chinned, vacant stare and it's easy to see why business is in the shithouse at the moment. 

Strowman is just another Snitsky to me so far. If WWE are intent on pushing him they need to keep him away from the comedy stuff too.