The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

8 minutes ago, EricTheRed said:

By all means try and do things that stand out. But without getting into massive amounts of detail I find 99.9% of male on female violence (fake or not) extremely un-entertaining. The fact she’s a child and can’t legally consent to what she’s agreed to is all the more stupid and unappealing. 

Never thought of that. I don’t know if there’s any sort of “signing off” required, but I’m guessing her parents consent to her doing this. I mean, if she wants to wrestle it’s cool. Go to wrestling school etc if that’s what you want. But this is a bit far. Can’t imagine letting one of my kids do it to be honest. 

Here me out on this one. I'm gonna try to explain it best I can. 

When I was a child all the kids in the street would play wrestling and we'd play fight at the bottom of the street. I also had my wrestling figures and made them fight and made up my own matches and storylines. 

It seems A LOT of wrestling these days in booked by overgrown man-children, as if they're just making up random or convoluted matches or storylines with their friends or figures. It's as if the fans who grew up playing wrestling are still playing wrestling, but to a paying audience, not realising the laws and standards that exist in the real world. 

Wrestling even at its phoniest is a contact, high risk 'sport.' Its not let's dress up and play fight no holds barred, with no regard for age, experience, training, gender. Standards should exist that just don't. It's not right. 

• Paid Members

Strange one because it obviously seems massively wrong, and if it was my kid it wouldn't be happening, but wrestling has a history of celebrating people who started when they were children. Didn't JR say on DoN that one of the Japanese girls was a 21 year old with THIRTEEN years' experience. 

I have no issue with age. For me it's just too risky. Bonnets are not rings. They aren't solid enough to be 100% sure you won't slip. It's a really easy accident waiting to happen. 

Less is much more. For example Sabre Jr will be around decades because he can actually work. 

Edited by Michael_3165
Dunno

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, LEGIT said:

Here me out on this one. I'm gonna try to explain it best I can. 

When I was a child all the kids in the street would play wrestling and we'd play fight at the bottom of the street. I also had my wrestling figures and made them fight and made up my own matches and storylines. 

It seems A LOT of wrestling these days in booked by overgrown man-children, as if they're just making up random or convoluted matches or storylines with their friends or figures. It's as if the fans who grew up playing wrestling are still playing wrestling, but to a paying audience, not realising the laws and standards that exist in the real world. 

Wrestling even at its phoniest is a contact, high risk 'sport.' Its not let's dress up and play fight no holds barred, with no regard for age, experience, training, gender. Standards should exist that just don't. It's not right. 

In my view anyone who has to put on this type of shit shouldn't be in the business to begin with. 

The promoter should be telling them to stop with this nonsense. There is no need for it at all. Its like they want to get themselves 'over' rather than tell a story. Same as that stupid shit Joey Ryan does. Fuck him. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, tiger_rick said:
14 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

risky. Bonnets are not rings. They aren't solid enough to be 100% sure you won't slip. It's a really easy accident waiting to happen. 

Less is much more. For example Sabre Jr will be

Strange one because it obviously seems massively wrong, and if it was my kid it wouldn't be happening, but wrestling has a history of celebrating people who started when they were children. Didn't JR say on DoN that one of the Japanese girls was a 21 year old with THIRTEEN years' experience. 

Yeah, Riho. Though I doubt she was taking piledrivers on car bonnets.

I don't really have a problem with kids learning wrestling - when I was in Year 7 there were kids in my class who boxed, and no one bats an eye at young kids doing karate, or playing rugby from six or seven years old. I don't think kids should be taking bumps at that age, but learning the basics, at a school where everyone's DBS checked, and with full parental permission, sure. 

Honestly, when I saw clips of this match, I thought it looked fun and creative. Didn't know she was 15 at the time, think that renders parts of it all a bit stupid, even knowing Janela would have done all he can to protect her. I've not watched it closely enough to tell how much of it was genuinely dangerous (though any time you're outside the ring and start introducing variables, it's going to get more dangerous than it needs to be), and if I were involved I'd have been dubious on insurance grounds if nothing else, but the optics of it aren't great, and I say that as someone who has absolutely no problem with intergender wrestling.

• Paid Members

The optics are fucking awful. It's easy to interpret this as a grown man getting to get his hands all over a 15-year-old girl. It just sounds like a scandal waiting to happen. And not an unreasonable one.

is it just me that doesn't think it's particularly funny to wrestle on a bus thats in service, or in a shop, which I'm presuming was open. how does scaring the unsuspecting public and causing chaos equal entertainment? by all means go out of the venue if you want, but you don't need to go half way down the road and start going in shops etc.

11 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

is it just me that doesn't think it's particularly funny to wrestle on a bus thats in service, or in a shop, which I'm presuming was open. how does scaring the unsuspecting public and causing chaos equal entertainment? by all means go out of the venue if you want, but you don't need to go half way down the road and start going in shops etc.

Not just you - its anti-social and crap. Same thing with those subway videos from America with the doofuses dressed up as Kane and that.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

You'd have to assume it's an attempt to go viral. People like Lad Bible will share this sort of thing and it'll get those involved some attention I'm sure. Doesn't change the facts that the promoters at best allowed or at worst encouraged (and paid) a fifteen year old to do this.

• Paid Members

I love Joey Janela. I've got no problems with inter-gender wrestling. I'm a big fan of these DDT-esque shenanigans, and I popped big when I saw the photos and videos doing the rounds online.

Learning she was 15 years old though...I don't know, it makes it all slightly uncomfortable. I had no issue when Omega had the infamous match with that nine year old girl though.

It's the same uncomfortable feeling I had when I first saw that Sia video where a semi-naked Shia LeBouf is doing experimental dance with that young dancer. It's a bit irksome. Were Kamikaze short on potential opponents?

Edited by Accident Prone

I’m not buying the outrage over the age of Chantal Jordan.

People like Tyler Bate debuted young. Should she not be afforded this opportunity on the grounds of that she’s a girl?

she was working with a very accustomed wrestler who no doubt would keep her safe, and is arguably better than putting her in a match with someone less experienced.

Shes incredibly talented so why not reward her with a chance to be a key part of the card? 

If she wants to do these match types, so be it. 

I would also argue that all across the globe there is young wrestlers wrestling a variety of matches every week, with varying ages and skill levels.

Would you rather she fulfils her wrestling match fantasies in the backyard, with light tubes and untrained pals, just because it doesn’t conform to what you think is right for her to be doing what she’s doing on a show?

There is also kids much younger than Chantal that participate in all sorts of combat sports like boxing and martial arts, and don’t have the luxury of the person who is your opponent looking out for you. Dare I say it some of these situations are much more dangerous. Maybe if she was 13 and taking legit punches to the face and head as a boxer it’d be far more acceptable?

Also, is it not entirely within the realms of possibility that the police, and local shops were in on it? Or is that far too sensible?

shes a cracking talent from what I’ve seen and Janela elevated her.