The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Damon's someone I wish got more work elsewhere, solid hand that never has a bad match and is capable of holding his own whether it's an emotional main event or a ridiculous comedy match. Top guy. His 'All Bins Are Legal' match with James Drake from FutureShock was a particular highlight for me.

Edited by Polish Dad
All Bins Are Legal

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I hate that spot.. MOVE OUT THE FUCKIN WAY!

He's being dragged to the back by the valet after taking the fishing move at the end of a match and had his back to the guy before he turns. Of the many reasons not to like a bin based comedy spot, him not leaping out the way shouldn't really be one of them.

• Paid Members

Is No Way Out 98 worth watching? At the time I would get ppvs depending on whether a friends dad remembered to tape it and that one fell through the cracks. Ive never seen it, the main event seems so bizarre.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Rob Lowe said:

Is No Way Out 98 worth watching? At the time I would get ppvs depending on whether a friends dad remembered to tape it and that one fell through the cracks. Ive never seen it, the main event seems so bizarre.

The main event is amazing. A proper brawl. Austin is a mega star in it.

• Paid Members

Main event street fight is still a cracker. There's a decent cruiserweight match between Taka and Pantera (I think?) which plays out to absolutely no crowd reaction whatsoever, though the highlight of that match is the Jerry Lawler and Brian Christopher commentary. 

Can't remember much else about the show apart from Kane walloping Vader over the head with a wrench, so there's that.

• Paid Members

It was loads of fun I thought. It was the first tape I bought when I started to catch up on the years of WWE I missed (97 through to summer 99). Plus it has a Nation of Domination backstage promo where Rocky looks a million bucks, it's the one where the eye rolling gif is from.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Rob Lowe said:

I think it's a good match but I sulked all the way through it the first about Savio Vega. Said before that it was probably a blessing that HBK missed it but had he been there, I think it would have been a classic.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Spud and Braun being best mates in real life feels like an untapped goldmine for skits. 

They aren’t. Spud has hired him for the wedding to protect him from any sneak attacks for the belt.

i’m joking of course, but what a line up for your wedding!

• Paid Members

Hang about, is Drake getting married for real? I just thought it was a storyline beat they were going to immediately forget.

I'll love him forever if he's having a legitimate Stag Do wearing the 24/7 belt.