The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dazz said:

I’m not buying the outrage over the age of Chantal Jordan.

It's not 'outrage'. It's people pointing out that it's fucking stupid on a whole bunch of levels. And it's the kind of thing that's far more risk than any reward it has potential for is worth. Some people are going to think it reflect badly on wrestling in terms of safety. Some are going to think it's invasive of other people's space. Some are going to think it's sleazy as fuck for a 30-year-old bloke to be that enthusiastic about any kind of physicality with a 15-year-old girl.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Paige was forced to retire at 25 so not sure it's the best example.

Oh I’m not using her as an example of why this is acceptable (although wasn’t her spinal issues always with her, wrestling just sped up the decline). My point was there was no outrage about it

3 hours ago, Dazz said:

I’m not buying the outrage over the age of Chantal Jordan.

People like Tyler Bate debuted young. Should she not be afforded this opportunity on the grounds of that she’s a girl?

she was working with a very accustomed wrestler who no doubt would keep her safe, and is arguably better than putting her in a match with someone less experienced.

Shes incredibly talented so why not reward her with a chance to be a key part of the card? 

If she wants to do these match types, so be it. 

I would also argue that all across the globe there is young wrestlers wrestling a variety of matches every week, with varying ages and skill levels.

Would you rather she fulfils her wrestling match fantasies in the backyard, with light tubes and untrained pals, just because it doesn’t conform to what you think is right for her to be doing what she’s doing on a show?

There is also kids much younger than Chantal that participate in all sorts of combat sports like boxing and martial arts, and don’t have the luxury of the person who is your opponent looking out for you. Dare I say it some of these situations are much more dangerous. Maybe if she was 13 and taking legit punches to the face and head as a boxer it’d be far more acceptable?

Also, is it not entirely within the realms of possibility that the police, and local shops were in on it? Or is that far too sensible?

shes a cracking talent from what I’ve seen and Janela elevated her.

Wow.

For a start I’m not outraged I just think it’s dumb as fuck and a sad inditement on the wrestling business. 

No I don’t think 15 year old girls (or boys for that matter) should be having matches in front of a paying audience. The argument that ‘oh well Rey Rey started wrestling at 9’ is B.S. 50 year old men used to marry 13 year old girls, doesn’t make it right. 

She might be amazingly talented but any responsible adult who has any ounce of respect for the business would encourage her to continue to train in a safe environment until the age of 18 at which point she can do whatever the fuck she likes. 

Yes I’d rather she fulfilled her fantasies with her pals in the backyard. Like, you know, I did, because I was 15 at the time and that’s what kids do. 

Believe it or not I actually think it’s a positive thing for kids to learn a form of self-defence however show me one example of a grown adult having a boxing match against a 13 year old where they’re getting punched in the face and head.

The police would laugh in your face if you approached them regarding something like that. 

Elevated her to what?

49 minutes ago, EricTheRed said:

The police would laugh in your face if you approached them regarding something like that. 

Funny that considering that I know for a fact that the police were approached and appreciated the heads up and actually ensured that some crowd management was looked after too.

whats your view in a young boy kissing a 40 year old woman in Emmerdale? Right or wrong?

1 hour ago, EricTheRed said:

Believe it or not I actually think it’s a positive thing for kids to learn a form of self-defence however show me one example of a grown adult having a boxing match against a 13 year old where they’re getting punched in the face and head.

The police would laugh in your face if you approached them regarding something like that. 

8 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Funny that considering that I know for a fact that the police were approached and appreciated the heads up and actually ensured that some crowd management was looked after too.

whats your view in a young boy kissing a 40 year old woman in Emmerdale? Right or wrong?

He makes it clear his comment is regarding approaching police regarding a boxing match. 

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He makes it clear his comment is regarding approaching police regarding a boxing match. 

Not really. 

The “elevated her to what” read as a reply to individual parts of the post. It wasn’t THAT clear that he was referring to the boxing and not to the paragraph in question.

17 minutes ago, Dazz said:

That’s a very odd question which I’m not sure even dignifies a response. 

My comment on the police laughing in your face was in regard to someone approaching them saying ‘just letting you know if you see a 30 year old man piledriving a 15 year old girl on a car, don’t worry it’s just wrestling innit’!

My comment saying ‘elevated to what’ was in regards to Janela. He’s elevating her to what? The level of a 30 year old man who wrestles kids? Not a very high level to elevate someone to if you ask me. 

31 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Not really. 

The “elevated her to what” read as a reply to individual parts of the post. It wasn’t THAT clear that he was referring to the boxing and not to the paragraph in question.

Yeah, that’s fair enough. Can see that now.