The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Yeah. It’s a child. An actual child. The amount of respect I had for joey Janela could have been counted on zero fingers, but this is a new low. It’s not even like that daft omega thing. This is a garbage match with a child. I can’t believe even AEW fans could defend this. But they are. 

Edited by Yakashi

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

15 year old girls shouldnt be getting driven head first onto car bonnets. Controversial opinion, I know.

I do see your point but (and I know it's probably still not great) some credit to Janela that the piledriver was one of the safest looking ones I've seen in a long time, especially when 2019 and the last few years have been endless people trying to recreate RVDs spike jump or just trying to land as much on their head as possible. 

It's probably going to be a never ending debate between Intergender wrestling, what age people should be doing shows, what should and shouldn't be attributed as okay to do, but Janela is one of the US indies biggest draws thanks to things like Spring Break and with signing to AEW you'd assume knowing the likely hood is that this will go viral, everything was probably okay'd and worked out beforehand to ensure nothing could go wrong. 

Edit: this isn't an AEW fan defending thing either. Just a "I did stupider, more unsafe shit at 15 than this for no money and with no supervision" thought process I guess. 

Edited by Shy Dad

Mostly lurk here but that’s got to be hands down the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen related to wrestling. 

43 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

some credit to Janela that the piledriver was one of the safest looking ones I've seen in a long time

And that quoted sentence is the second stupidest. 

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

one of the sketchiest streets in Coventry,

No it isn't, it's Far Gosford Street by the looks of it.  FarGo village is there, one of the most trendiest, hipster, artisan places in the city.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

All those international students who live down there are dangerous mate, pulling shanks from their designer purses.

I think I just got a bad example from some friends who told me to avoid moving to that area of town when I was looking at moving to Cov. Fair few muggings and such, most news I read for their seems to be less than ideal. 

As for the stupidest thing in wrestling, fair enough point. Though I do feel a piledriver where the person receiving is taking none of the impact of the move directly with Janela not even lifting her fully up so that he could control the landing was a lot safer than just planting her on her head but each to their own. 

My initial thing was it was pretty cool that they decided to try something a little different with fighting in various venues and areas (you'd assume with permission though it seems the bus part did nearly end up with police involvement) but I can see I'm fighting a losing battle on the side of this being wrestle crap but done well. 

Edited by Shy Dad

10 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I think I just got a bad example from some friends who told me to avoid moving to that area of town when I was looking at moving to Cov. Fair few muggings and such, most news I read for their seems to be less than ideal. 

As for the stupidest thing in wrestling, fair enough point. Though I do feel a piledriver where the person receiving is taking none of the impact of the move directly with Janela not even lifting her fully up so that he could control the landing was a lot safer than just planting her on her head but each to their own. 

My initial thing was it was pretty cool that they decided to try something a little different with fighting in various venues and areas (you'd assume with permission though it seems the bus part did nearly end up with police involvement) but I can see I'm fighting a losing battle on the side of this being wrestle crap but done well. 

I don’t mind a match like that. But it’s a child. A real life child. I think that’s most peoples problem. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, EricTheRed said:

But is that what pro-wrestling has become? A handful of divs encouraging another div to wrestle a 15 year old and then jerking each other off about ‘how safe their work is’?

Potentially yeah I think that's where a lot of the non mainstream stuff is going. Whereas there's still obviously a huge market for the family friendly entertainment type of shows, between holiday camps, promotions that run those shows, WWE and such that market is fine and has its fan base. 

For some though who see it as an entertainment form, both from a performers aspect and a fans, they're wanting to do something to stand out, and offer an alternative. If a promotion has a good enough relationship with the businesses around it and knows the area then fighting out in the street doing an all over brawl stands out. 

It can be seen as stupid as hell to some but to others it's got people talking and was received well. 

I'm not going to go into this whole Cornette vs non Cornette views because it's not about that for me. For me it was a different spot that I guess if not involving a 15 year old girl wouldn't be seen as so shit and I get that point absolutely but yeah each to their own. 

Yakashi, yeah I get that. Would the problem still be there if she was 16? Genuinely asking as I was training at 15 and then again at 16. 

Edited by Shy Dad

Regardless of how discussion relating to the dangers of the piledriver will progress: anyone who derives enjoyment from watching a grown man bash about a 15 year old girl, pre-determined or otherwise, is worth the watching.

Edited by StrongStyle

It's becoming more and more apparant to me that wrestling completely lacks any self awareness. Maybe for a fan being at a show and getting sucked into the spectacle is forgivable. But for wrestlers and fans to lap up shite like this, it just blows my mind. It wasn't long ago the Bailey superfan was getting chokeslammed, maybe she's due a piledriver on a car soon. God knows what 'brains' would put this together, and God knows where it ends. 

5 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Potentially yeah I think that's where a lot of the non mainstream stuff is going. Whereas there's still obviously a huge market for the family friendly entertainment type of shows, between holiday camps, promotions that run those shows, WWE and such that market is fine and has its fan base. 

For some though who see it as an entertainment form, both from a performers aspect and a fans, they're wanting to do something to stand out, and offer an alternative. If a promotion has a good enough relationship with the businesses around it and knows the area then fighting out in the street doing an all over brawl stands out. 

It can be seen as stupid as hell to some but to others it's got people talking and was received well. 

I'm not going to go into this whole Cornette vs non Cornette views because it's not about that for me. For me it was a different spot that I guess if not involving a 15 year old girl wouldn't be seen as so shit and I get that point absolutely but yeah each to their own. 

Yakashi, yeah I get that. Would the problem still be there if she was 16? Genuinely asking as I was training at 15 and then again at 16. 

By all means try and do things that stand out. But without getting into massive amounts of detail I find 99.9% of male on female violence (fake or not) extremely un-entertaining. The fact she’s a child and can’t legally consent to what she’s agreed to is all the more stupid and unappealing.