The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I remember reading a lot of the stuff he posted on the Wrestlecrap forums (I think?) in the months leading up to him passing. Crazy to think that was well over ten years ago now. His openness during that time was touching, and it was tough seeing someone go through that.

Quake use to scare me as a kid and I hated him for squashing Damien and (as I thought at the time) confining Andre The Giant to crutches for the rest of his life.

Years later I used to read the Wrestlecrap forums and he seemed like such a genuine and nice guy and I was incredibly sad to read about what he was going through, as David posted above.

Although it does not mean much in the grand scheme of things, I would love to see him inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. 

i remember reading about this in Powerslam, where for whatever reason this chap got the ump with the the match and started trying to shoot on Quake. I think they were both accomplished Sumo’s in their day. Kitao is the chap i think who fought Demolition at WM7. 

That's Koji Kitao, a former Yokozuna (top rank), though the worst Yokozuna in history with no top tournament wins, who felt he was too good to be in the ring with a sumo wrestler whom never reached professional level (top 2 divisions). John Tenta was undefeated in his sumo career, but he only reached 3rd division before deciding to quit and train to become a pro-wrestler with All Japan Pro Wrestling. Kitao died earlier this year, while mostly disgraced, had a unique and interesting career. From being a New Japan Pro Wrestling super rookie, to the sumo ego incident with Tenta, to wrestling at WrestleMania, to getting legit knocked out by Takada in UWFI, to setting the roots for the future Dragon Gate with his own indie promotion.

• Paid Members
On 5/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, Porkchopcash said:

i remember reading about this in Powerslam, where for whatever reason this chap got the ump with the the match and started trying to shoot on Quake. I think they were both accomplished Sumo’s in their day. Kitao is the chap i think who fought Demolition at WM7. 

better video...