Liam O'Rourke Posted May 5, 2019 Posted May 5, 2019 On 5/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, tiger_rick said: That's amazing. It is brutal but he's not wrong. Did you cry @Liam O'Rourke? I'm not sure what I'm more offended by - the insinuation our podcast has no listeners, or the insinuation I'd drop 40 quid on the Brooklyn Brawler.
kickin it wit the kliq Posted May 5, 2019 Posted May 5, 2019 1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said: I'm not sure what I'm more offended by - the insinuation our podcast has no listeners, or the insinuation I'd drop 40 quid on the Brooklyn Brawler. Karl would have went half in surely?
bigfoote Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 The reddit user LazyCanasian (John Tenta's son) posted this, and looking back has some nice stuff about his dad
JakeRobertsParoleOfficer Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 That's a class pic Always find it mad still that Quake was about 27 during his Hogan run
David Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 I remember reading a lot of the stuff he posted on the Wrestlecrap forums (I think?) in the months leading up to him passing. Crazy to think that was well over ten years ago now. His openness during that time was touching, and it was tough seeing someone go through that.
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 Quake use to scare me as a kid and I hated him for squashing Damien and (as I thought at the time) confining Andre The Giant to crutches for the rest of his life. Years later I used to read the Wrestlecrap forums and he seemed like such a genuine and nice guy and I was incredibly sad to read about what he was going through, as David posted above. Although it does not mean much in the grand scheme of things, I would love to see him inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame.
Porkchopcash Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 i remember reading about this in Powerslam, where for whatever reason this chap got the ump with the the match and started trying to shoot on Quake. I think they were both accomplished Sumo’s in their day. Kitao is the chap i think who fought Demolition at WM7.
PUNQ Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 That's Koji Kitao, a former Yokozuna (top rank), though the worst Yokozuna in history with no top tournament wins, who felt he was too good to be in the ring with a sumo wrestler whom never reached professional level (top 2 divisions). John Tenta was undefeated in his sumo career, but he only reached 3rd division before deciding to quit and train to become a pro-wrestler with All Japan Pro Wrestling. Kitao died earlier this year, while mostly disgraced, had a unique and interesting career. From being a New Japan Pro Wrestling super rookie, to the sumo ego incident with Tenta, to wrestling at WrestleMania, to getting legit knocked out by Takada in UWFI, to setting the roots for the future Dragon Gate with his own indie promotion.
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted May 11, 2019 On 5/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, Porkchopcash said: i remember reading about this in Powerslam, where for whatever reason this chap got the ump with the the match and started trying to shoot on Quake. I think they were both accomplished Sumo’s in their day. Kitao is the chap i think who fought Demolition at WM7. better video...
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 13, 2019 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2019 Just an interview with Shawn Michaels. OH AND MATT AND JEFF DRESSED AS DORKS.
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted May 13, 2019 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2019 I'd love to go to a convention or fancy dress party in one those camera tech suits. Bloody marvelous.
mikehoncho Posted May 16, 2019 Posted May 16, 2019 On 5/13/2019 at 10:38 PM, Supremo said: This made me smile. Fair play, this looks like it would be a cracking three-way POV.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.