The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I agree, but I also think there were times where he was just on the cusp of indisputable greatness and he got fired or walked. In '92 he had to trudge through the shit of the voodoo curse angle to get to the awesome Savage/Flair/Perfect angle around Summerslam. In '96 he was having to do the normal Ultimate Warrior stuff of squashing non-main event talent (then!) like Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Isaac Yankem, Goldust and Jerry Lawler before he would've gotten into far better programmes with Shawn and Vader and Owen and Bulldog. Beyond that he could've even moved onto Mankind and the Undertaker.

• Paid Members

There's also that story of Hogan's contract expiring around the same time (late 97) and the negotiations to bring him back.

Its mad to think how different things could have been as the WWF's schtick at the time was basically they had all the up and coming stars and the main eventers that could still 'go' whereas WCW had all the washed up hasbeen's.

• Paid Members

Rick nails it. As nice as it is imagining all the possibilities of Attitude era Warrior, the most likely scenario is him getting arsey as usual when it doesn't work out, then getting the sack. For all the "do the Crow gimmick" he could have quite easily ended up going a bit LOD 2000. It's not like he showed much quality in his 98 WCW run other than confirming he's bloody mental.

At least Davey Boy's fookin back wouldn't have exploded. 

• Paid Members

Naaa, he should defo have been the crow and should have been the foil to the Ministry. Undertaker pissed off that he couldn’t convert him in the early 90’s, so gives it another go, especially while Jim is all moody and emo.

Looking back, I think the Ultimate Warrior was arguably a better Crow than Sting, or Vincent Perez.

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Imagine being the promoter that comes up with this. 

8CDB34BD-1C0D-42A1-B7AD-94B195C551D1.jpeg

Surely this isn't an actual thing. I know it's the wrestling biz we're talking about, but surely not!

Bad taste coincidence that the ad has the words "stand" and "walk" in it as well.

• Awards Moderator

I was looking up Gargano v Ciampa matches for @thicko and didn't realise Ciampa had a previous developmental run in WWE. 

Here he is on a July 2005 SmackDown acting as a Lawyer for Muhammad Hassan, seconds before being chokeslammed by Undie.

blob.png.0602b5c8ce02f9a502d7d07ab9e8c86d.png

• Paid Members

Ciampa told a great story about that angle in an interview a while back. Basically Undertaker being a proper good lad and whispering "Okay buddy, here we go..." during the goozle and then complimenting Ciampa on his big bump straight afterwards. I can't find it anywhere though unfortunately.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Surely this isn't an actual thing. I know it's the wrestling biz we're talking about, but surely not!

Bad taste coincidence that the ad has the words "stand" and "walk" in it as well.

From what i can gather its very real.