The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Warrior told a story on his shoot interview about getting a contract offer the night before he was due to appear on Monday Nitro, which he obviously declined. Makes me wonder if he mixed up his timeline and it was actually this contract offer, possibly to counter the arrival of Bret Hart in WCW.

I've always had a theory that Warrior was getting the WWF championship in 1996/97 from either Shawn or Vader and there was going to be a forced update of his character, similar to how he had to go from cartoonish fighting Papa Shango in '92 with the pea soup and the curse to a serious guy in face paint against Savage and Flair.

Another unrelated theory I have is that before he got shitcanned in '91 that he was going to be the one that saved Randy and Liz at the wedding reception from Jake and the Undertaker and it was going to be a case of the guy who retired his opponent in the big match asks for his old enemy to be reinstated so they can fight their mutual enemies together.

• Paid Members

Fuck, imagine in they had gone with a Crow style gimmick for Warrior as a fuck you to WCW.

Somehow, a melancholic Warrior, not screaming nonsense, doing the sting gimmick might have been really good.

However, the potential knock on effect on Austin/Rock isn’t worth thinking about.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Fuck, imagine in they had gone with a Crow style gimmick for Warrior as a fuck you to WCW.

Somehow, a melancholic Warrior, not screaming nonsense, doing the sting gimmick might have been really good.

However, the potential knock on effect on Austin/Rock isn’t worth thinking about.

I always thought Warrior had a bit more range lurking under the surface, the weird, slightly sad bit of the promo here always made me think they could go in a fresh direction with him at some stage.

Warrior had more range, I think the problem was his moveset. He was limited and needed to mix it up. His wild flailing used to distract from what was a very basic moveset. 

A darker warrior, minus those antics would probably be quite boring to watch in the ring. 

He did need to add a few more moves. 

I do think Michael's if his head was right, would have made Warrior look a million bucks in him beating Michael's for the title. 

I think an update of his character would've been like what they did with Del Wilkes/the Patriot and Mankind and Goldust within a kayfabe scenario, saying while this guy portrays the Ultimate Warrior there's a much different person beneath the paint and Jim Ross could've interviewed him about his weird philosophy with him presenting himself with no face paint on and in normal clothes and talking normally.

And yes, Shawn would've got as good or better matches out of him as Rick Rude and Randy Savage did, and I could see the MSG fans getting behind him at Survivor Series '96 the way they did for Sid.

2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

It’s mad to think that, had Hellwig signed that contract, that five years would have took him into the first brand split and probably in the main events of RAW with Evolution, Kane, RVD etc.

Thing is it could have skewed the attitude era massively, centering around Warrior and not Austin. 

Wwe could have floundered with Warrior not drawing and Wcw could have beaten them. 

• Paid Members

There is no way they'd have built around anyone but Austin at that point. Warrior would have been pissing about with the Ministry and all that Russo nonsense that Austin was generally kept above. It's fascinating to thin about Warrior in that environment but the obvious answer is that he would have been fired by March, as per usual.