NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I can't understand why Aliyah and Lacey Evans remain employed actually. Absolute dogshit, the both of them. Similarly I can't see where Aichner and Roderick fit in here and never on the main roster. They need a clearout or everyone needs an awesome gimmick like Velveteen Dream. Maybe Roddy can be the next incarnation of Regal's 'Real Man's Man?'............ Matt Hardy could have dumped a bunch of them in the Lake of Reincarnation.

Did they hire Toni Storm in the end?

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Philjax said:

Did they hire Toni Storm in the end?

They did not.

Shayna Baszler having the same finisher as Samoa Joe, coupled with it having a name that sounds almost identical, is kinda weird.

• Paid Members

Lacey has an identifiable gimmick, a decent look, and a legitimate pedigree they can market (and that probably means they paid a fair chunk of cash to get her, so will want a return on that) - Aaliyah is bloody dreadful. It would be one thing if they had played up on that when she was on Breaking Ground, and booked her as an underdog working to get better, but instead, we just saw her be shit on a documentary series, and then see her be just as shit on TV a year later. Baffling that she's making TV when the likes of Kimber Lee aren't.

• Paid Members

Wiki'ing her, turns out she worked the indies for a couple of years before signing, so probably not. I had it in my head that she came from a more legit sports background, which usually means they've paid a fair wedge to convince them to give that up - probably had her confused with somebody else.

Gimmick-wise, I see it as a sort of '50s pin-up girl schtick, which at least makes her stand out, and could give her something to work with if she's not just cutting awful promos like last week's. It's not much, but it's miles ahead of Aaliyah's "wears cat ears and is rubbish" gimmick.