NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don't think there was much between their signings and they did tag together in NXT for a few matches

I'm pretty sure Cesaro was already on the main roster when he tagged with Ohno in NXT, it was when they would have main roster guys make appearances now and then. I think one of the tag matches was him and Ohno VS Rollins & CM Punk.

27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm pretty sure Cesaro was already on the main roster when he tagged with Ohno in NXT, it was when they would have main roster guys make appearances now and then. I think one of the tag matches was him and Ohno VS Rollins & CM Punk.

He could well have been. I didn't get to see NXT until the network was launched, but I do seem to recall reading that Cesaro would be bouncing between the main roster aswell as working with some of the newer guys in NXT. I want to say he had a run of matches with Regal which I believe we're his final matches

Yeah he debuted on the main roster in April 2012 as the ex Swiss military member turned Rugby player turned wrestler managed by Aksana(What a horrible gimmick that was) That match teaming with Ohno against Punk and Rollins was in the October of 2012. He seemed to do a fair bit between the main roster and NXT for his first year or so in WWE because he had those great matches with Sami Zayn in NXT as well.

Edited by Callum1993

• Paid Members

How come everyone is convinced Ricochet's name will get changed? Guys with indy name value like Austin Aries, Samoa Joe and Adam Cole have all come in identity intact.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, air_raid said:

How come everyone is convinced Ricochet's name will get changed? Guys with indy name value like Austin Aries, Samoa Joe and Adam Cole have all come in identity intact.

I'm not convinced they will change it, I was just asking the question. For every Samoa Joe or Bobby Roode there is a Hideo Itami and a Kassius Ohno. 

• Paid Members

It's becoming a pretty common theme all over the place, especially Twitter. There seemed to be a defined "stop" point between Balor/Hideo/Owens and Joe coming in with his own name, then Aries, Nakamura etc. Ohno I think they only reverted to that name because suddenly calling him Chris Hero when you've already told your audience a different name is clunky as fuck. I do wonder why Kairi Hojo had to change her surname, although I have an idea.

• Paid Members

It's pretty "eh" but I was a fan of how he used to be consistent and as well as his Superman knock off logo was billed as from Metropolis.

• Awards Moderator

I don’t know about anyone else, but this week’s show felt very generic in terms of who was wrestling. Moss, Sabbatelli, Knight, Strong, Aichner, Evans, Aliyah, Dawkins... barely a character between them. It was a bit like a throwback to the more identikit developmental of old.

At least No Way Jose is back next week!