NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

At least Ohno is a huge bloke, he looks somewhat tough because of that. Trent just looks like a fan. 

Ohno does not look tough at all in my opinion.
Nothing in his face, how he carries himself, his physique - anything.

Never got his appeal to be fair. He just looks like a fat guy with long hair in a T-shirt.

21 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Ohno does not look tough at all in my opinion.
Nothing in his face, how he carries himself, his physique - anything.

Never got his appeal to be fair. He just looks like a fat guy with long hair in a T-shirt.

He also has a really un-macho voice as well.  Sounds like he should be working as a florist or something.

• Paid Members

My least favourite thing about Kassius Ohno is that he's billed as a "Knock-Out Artist". He's wrestling long matches where 75% of his offence is strikes - strikes which aren't knocking out his opponent. That's a shit Knock-Out Artist. Alisteir Black was doing that gimmick better than him, and it's not even his gimmick.

What annoys me is that he used to do quite a bit of the technical stuff and was pretty good at it around 10/15 years ago. Then I didn't see him perform for 2/3 years and when I next saw him he seemed to have dropped all that. He was like a completely different wrestler.

2 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Seriously how good is Lars Sullivan, it's his manner and the way he speaks, he's like an extra from the film Fargo, big country bumpkin with a lisp and almost no knowledge of life outside his town of 50 people.

Interesting isn't it how opinions can vary, I personally think he's shite.

For a so called monster, he will look ridiculous if he steps up to the main roster.

He could barely hit his finisher on Ohno the other week.

I don't mind him in the ring, he looks odd for a monster though. I'm sure up close I'd shite it, and while I was impressed at my first viewing of him, generally I just think he looks strange now. Stubby weird-proportioned limbs like a figurine. And I'm not feeling these interviews they're keeping insisting on doing. He's no Braun.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think they've made a wrong move by booking him as a "big man" monster rather than just a brute. He looks like a throwback to something like the Swedish Angel, like a borderline Circus freak show strongman turned wrestler. He's obviously a huge dude, but he's not WWE monster heel huge, and that hurts him in that role.

Also, how brilliant is Regal, the opening to this week's show was so simple yet effective, it only lasted a couple of minutes but in a few sentences he explained where Drew is and what is happening in his absence in such a charming way. You are straight away drawn into the product and you accept what he's telling you and go "ok yeah that makes sense".

Anyone remember that guy they built up with vignettes for several weeks as a big deal only to have Joe destroy him on his debut (obviously that was the whole point)? Can't remember his name. Is he still knocking around?

• Paid Members

That was bloody brilliant, too. NXT is at its best when they manage to subvert expectations and give you something completely different to what years of WWE booking have conditioned you to expect, and that was a lovely example. Hype up this big fucker for weeks, only to have him get wrecked by Samoa Joe before he even has a match, wonderful.

He's popped up on their Instagram recently as someone working house shows, which they normally don't seem to draw attention to unless it's someone on TV or about to be on TV, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up reasonably soon.