NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

That Fatal 4-way number one contender match is a top way to end the WWE year. Excited for the title match at Takeover, though we all know how that ends, right?

The angle at the end of the Women's title match was pretty good as well.

• Paid Members

That Fatal 4-Way was terrific stuff. NXT really does do the simple stuff much better than WWE, don't they? I know they only have one hour, niche audience, etc etc, but coming out of that match you have ready-made feuds in Black/Cole and Gargano/Almas that make sense and people will care about.

Gargano hasn't beaten Almas in their 2 televised matches, has he? That's some impressive long-term storytelling, if this was always the plan. Almas wins the belt a few months after the previous Almas/Gargano feud, Gargano wins the #1 Contenders tournament and has to face the guy he can't beat to complete his Cinderella story. I know pretty much everyone thinks Ciampa is costing Gargano the match, but I'd like to see Gargano finally win the big one only for Ciampa to attack him during his celebration. Gargano vs Ciampa for the belt during WrestleMania weekend sounds mouth-watering.

Undisputed Era are finally clicking for me as chicken-shit heels. Cole especially has the character work nailed down.

On the negative side, as good as Montez Ford is, Angelo Dawkins has always been a bit shit and never seems to get any better. 

On 26/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, Philjax said:

Undisputed need to be packed back off to ROH. Shite.

It's no wonder they put the belts on them. None of the other teams even need them. Even Sabbatelli and Moss!

They've probably put the belts on them so they've got a proven pair of workers to carry longer matches for the next couple of TakeOvers.

Also I agree with Malvo that they've got the chicken shit heel stuff down pat.

That said Kyle O'Reilly's face needs to calm the fuck down though!

• Awards Moderator

This week’s show is mostly a recap, but it’s worth watching for a super mini-doc on Ember Moon at the end. Really excellent stuff. I never knew she’d been rejected from FCW for not having the ‘Diva’ look.

The episode’s also got a bit of build for Almas vs Gargano, and about halfway in they show the Drew McIntyre-Adam Cole match from before WarGames that had Shawn Michaels as the referee. In case you wondered how Cole and Michaels compare size-wise.

• Awards Moderator

That’s where I assume they’ll be heading. Even if he’s not back in time, they could have Zelina put him in a ringside seat in the same way she used the DIY shirt to distract Gargano in his last match with Almas.

Forgot to mention, they announced on this show that TM61 are back in two weeks. So there’s that. Those two against Fish & O’Reilly maybe?

• Paid Members

Beginning to think Undisputed Era came up with the hand sign first (best thing about the act by a mile, but then I love a good hand sign in wrestling) then came up with a name beginning with U & E to fit. Would explain the awful nonsensical name.

• Paid Members

Decent show this week.

I'm quite enjoying Shayna Baszler, her bad-ass MMA sadist character works really well, in fact so much so that I can only see Sonya Deville eventually being let go, because she seems like a far inferior, less legitimate version of Baszler, because she genuinely is. That spot with Dakota Kai, who seems like she could be a star in her own right, looked brutal. 

Kassius Ohno still looks awful. I can handle him being a big lad, but having him in pants with his cellulite legs hanging out just looks massively low rent. 

A few other random thoughts, Velveteen Dream was superb in that backstage segment with Johnny Gargano, again showing he is a huge star in the making. Just oozes charisma, and he seems like he gets it, in a way a lot of guys don't. William Regal looked like he was having a great time with the Street Profits. Lio Rush is bloody tiny. Lars Sullivan vs Killian Dane should be great just too massive lads knocking the fuck out of each other.

Undisputed Era just look like a trio of naughty kids, just taking the piss. Nice to see UE stop pissing about as soon as Alestair Black came out. Made him look like a huge star. A good main event, even if the finish was screwy.

Bloody hell they packed a lot into one hour this week.