NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

She's certainly got "something", but I don't think she's there yet. She's got a kind of smug presence, but still seems too awkward at times for me to be comfortable calling her charismatic, and that sit-down interview was embarrassing on the part of all three people involved. She comes across as a legitimately nasty piece of work, though, which I love.

I don't see her winning on her first attempt - I'm going to guess at a DQ when she won't break a hold on Ember, or something along those lines.

• Paid Members

Yes she's definitely awkward, I remember saying during the Mae Young Classic in that she's still very green and fumbles about in the ring awkwardly but her persona helps cover that a lot. I guess in some ways, a bit like Strowman during his rise (OK completely different animal, but you know what I mean).

I actually thought she was alright in that sit-down, especially compared to Ember who really comes across as forced in those situations. I even think her awkwardness adds a bit to her 'real' character in that she's not supposed to be completely polished. She's just so blasé about being a prick as well, like in that skit where she attacked the trainee at the performance centre and made the trainer (Sarita?) film it with her phone.

• Paid Members

indeed, she needs to stay down in NXT for quite a while- a dominant run as a heel champion would do her the world of good. I think there's a chance we will see her in the Rumble though, as a pawn in the Rousey angle, whatever that may be.

• Paid Members

My fantasy book for the main tomorrow night:

Have the as expected comeback of Ciampa, but have him win the belt for Gargano. Plenty of mileage is Ciampa bragging that yet again, Johnny only got a big win because of him, and that he wants to take the belt from Johnny, no one else. Gargano is pretty much as pure as snow, so can have a big conflict about being champion, but only by Ciampas hand, leading to a big match down the line where Johnny earns his ‘redemption’, and solidifies himself as a deserving champ.

i don’t know, I’m bored at work and just got an email from WWE.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Shayna is cool as fuck, such a presence about her that Ember Moon can only dream of possessing. Tenner says she's winning the title AND appearing at the Rumble.

Shayna will win. Make Horseys look a bigger deal.

Fallen a bit behind with NXT, so I've binged watched from last couple of episodes of 2017 upto now (apart from the year in review show) in time for Takeover:

* the stare down between Ember Moon and Kairi Sane was good and plants a seed for something down the line. Then Shayna Baszler comes out and chokes Sane, did Ember Moon just stand in the ring and let it happen? What an awesome face.

* the #1 Contenders Fatal Four Way was great stuff, and I was really suprised that Aleister Black took the pin. Not that it's lowered his stock at all, just wasn't expecting it.

* Enjoyed Rush v Sullivsn for what it was. Rush is going to eat shit and like the taste for a while I reckon. Sullivan channeling his inner Mike Awesome with the top rope slam was great. Good promo afterwards and I'd like to see him and Dain knock lumps out of eachother in the future.

* Vega doesn't have a Spanish accent in anything she says other than when has to say Andrade Cien Almas, when she then goes Uber accent and says it as one word at 300mph.

* Remember when you'd try to get an MP3 of someone's theme, but all you could find was a recording of it from a house show so you'd get some crowd noise? Well you could have got a perfect quality version of Raul Mendoza's theme if you went to these tapings. He didn't even get anyone doing a polite clearing their throat cough just to break the tension.

* Street Profits are a pair of annoying tits

* Undisputed Era are still shite

* Nikki Cross' "woah! I'm fucking mad me!" act is becoming tiresome

* Strong Vs. Aichner- Strong may be the 'messiah of the back-breaker', but that doesn't mean every move has to be one. Cut the exact same promo as Sullivan and somehow sounded like he'd never done one before despite having wrestled 16 years compared to Sullivan's 3 years.

* someone in production really likes that new Asking Alexandria album

* Was nice to see Lacey Evans get some mic time to develop her character a little bit. 

* Those two video packages on TM61 did more for them than anything they did on their first run

* No Way Jose has chubbed up a bit since he was last around

* Adam Cole - "Now Alesier, you've virtually run through each and every person on the NXT roster. The problem is that the people you've been running through haven't been named 'Adam Cole (bay-bay)', you are not on my level" - He's already beaten you, and your two mates

* They've really got something with Velveteen Dream. Hopefully they don't rush him to the main roster based off of his current momentum, another year in NXT and a run with the belt will do wonders for him in the long run

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

* They've really got something with Velveteen Dream. Hopefully they don't rush him to the main roster based off of his current momentum, another year in NXT and a run with the belt will do wonders for him in the long run

They absolutely do. I've only seen him a couple of times now but he's dripping charisma. If WWE are careful with him and book him smartly, he could be an actual, proper star. 

The fella has an incredible look, great poise, and his offence doesn't feel the same as half the roster. He's captivated me when I've seen him and I'm sure that I'm one of many in that regard. 

• Paid Members
On 26/01/2018 at 10:37 AM, PunkStep said:

I actually thought she was alright in that sit-down, especially compared to Ember who really comes across as forced in those situations. I even think her awkwardness adds a bit to her 'real' character in that she's not supposed to be completely polished. She's just so blasé about being a prick as well, like in that skit where she attacked the trainee at the performance centre and made the trainer (Sarita?) film it with her phone.

Ember is great in the ring, but they shouldn’t let her talk. All her promos since the Asuka feud are her whining and pulling a pouty face. Not what you want in a face. Shayna still needs work and is a bit clunky in the ring, but she’s got that bad ass aura about her which has instantly made her more intriguing than Ember. 

• Awards Moderator
39 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

They absolutely do. I've only seen him a couple of times now but he's dripping charisma. If WWE are careful with him and book him smartly, he could be an actual, proper star. 

The fella has an incredible look, great poise, and his offence doesn't feel the same as half the roster. He's captivated me when I've seen him and I'm sure that I'm one of many in that regard. 

Look back in this thread and I was very down on Dream in the early going - he hadn’t clicked with the character at all. But since the Black feud began, he has excelled and I’ve had a complete turnaround. It’s definitely clicked now and he’s one of the best guys on the roster to watch. I loved the show opening promo this week with the purple mist - reminded me of an up to date version of classic interviews like when you’d have Bearer and Taker cut their interviews from the funeral parlour.

Ember is a short, dumpy girl with that Randy Orton fan's scowl.  She works a good match but I can't see her as main roster material at all, really.

Shayna on the other hand, the charisma and easy shit-talking she did in that sit-down was fantastic.  She's a proper post-diva type, all snaggle-toothed and rough looking.  As someone said above, she need a solid year wrestling in NXT, as the champ probably, as she's really green but she's an excellent prospect.

Does anyone care about Almas?  Me neither.  

The big question for me is - who's moving up in the traditional post-Wrestlemania NXT raid?  The Iconic Duo are more than ready on the female side.  The Authors of Pain are also ready.  Other than that, it feels like NXT really needs to keep its current shape for a while longer.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Does anyone care about Almas?  Me neither.  

The big question for me is - who's moving up in the traditional post-Wrestlemania NXT raid?  The Iconic Duo are more than ready on the female side.  The Authors of Pain are also ready.  Other than that, it feels like NXT really needs to keep its current shape for a while longer.

Almas was always really good, but having Zelina Vega has helped him become a more interesting character than what he was before. 

There have been rumours for months that No Way Jose is main roster bound.