NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I didnt think they could top their first takeover match but Almas/Gargano was great.

Baszler looks so awkward and green when she’s in the ring but I was still expecting her to get the win, I think everyone thought Ember would tap. 

Velveteen continues to be my favourite thing in NXT and Cole/Black and the Tag Title match did nothing for me

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Yeah, that main event was something really special. Just brilliant pro wrestling, bell-to-bell.

Similar to Ian, they completely got me a few times with the false finishes. Both men cut an incredible pace and told a story anyone can get behind - I don't watch NXT, week-to-week, these days, but I was very much invested in the outcome.

On the other hand, I just can't really take to the Undisputed Era. Adam Cole is tiny and a shite heel, while the other two playing fake MMA will forever take me out of their matches.

Edited by ColinBollocks

A lot of complaining online this morning about a few of the results, but I didn’t have a problem with any of them.

Shayna Bayzler and Ember Moon both came out of last night stronger than they went in. Shayna dominating Ember before being outsmarted long enough for a pinfall leads to a rematch down the line, possibly with a stipulation that appears to favour Bayzler. Had Shayna won with the submission Moon is dead in the water having lost clean and all that’s on the horizon for the new Champion is Kairi or Dakota, who are both still finding their feet in NXT.

A few others thought Gargano should have won. I really wanted him to win thanks to the amazing performances from both men, but the upcoming Gargano vs Ciampa feud can and should still be a main event angle without needing the Title involved. 

I enjoyed the show overall, that main event was possibly one of the top 10 greatest matches ever in NXT. Definitely in the Top 5 matches for the NXT Championship for me.

Edited by dopper

The first minute of Velveteen v Ohno solidified why Velveteen is one of the best characters they've ever had. Just fucking gets it. This was rougher round the edges than the Aleister match with no story but I still loved it, especially that first minute 

Main event was incredible, better than anything at Wrestle Kingdom this year. Rest of the show you could call a disappointment but I enjoyed it on the whole

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

The first minute of Velveteen v Ohno solidified why Velveteen is one of the best characters they've ever had. Just fucking gets it.

Spot on.

I haven't watched NXT religiously lately so I presumed this was just a throwaway match to give Dream a Takeover win. It probably was. Then he rocks up with airbrushed boxing shorts, shadow boxing and having two servants or whatever they were put a gumshield in his mouth! Little things like that go to show that the sky is the limit for this guy.

The match was ok, started really well and finished on a high by a little dull in the middle. The spot where he countered a running Ohno into his rolling dvd wasn't the most inspired idea- a bit too ambitious given how big Ohno is these days. A very good outing overall for Dream.

I enjoyed the tag title match and am warming to the Undisputed Era. That's gotta be the AOP main roster-bound now, run-in during one of the title matches tonight? When you look at it, they've had some really decent Takeover matches.

Women's match was VERY well booked I thought. Shayna looked strong in defeat and it gave a bit of dimension to Ember too. I loved the ending and didn't think it dragged out at all. Shayna looked like a bad ass more than ever.

Also, the little horsey noise at the beginning of her entrance theme...that's new, right? Interesting...

Black/Cole was also really good, thoroughly enjoyed that. Cole, like his mates, is also growing on me. Some really well-worked spots in this one.

I haven't watched the main event yet, given the length of it I'll watch it later on. Was surprised to see EC3 there, he'll be a fine addition to the roster. If the main event is remotely close to the plaudits it has received, then this will be one of the best Takeover events I've watched. It delivered beyond expectations.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Another really good show. 

Undisputed Era vs AoP was good. Told a good story of them working over Akam’s leg, being the crafty and smaller heels working an old school style. Finish was neat too. Hopefully TM61 are the next challengers as those four guys could do something special. 

Dream vs Ohno was a solid match. Dream continues to impress and Ohno is great in this player/coach role he seems to have at NXT. Dream is so over with the fans. 

Moon vs Baszler was alright. Others have rated it more highly than I have. The submission sequence went on too long and Moons selling of her arm after the eclipse was ridiculous. But the finish was fine.

Black vs Cole was really good once it got started. Even the interference didn’t harm it. I wondered what that crate was doing near the announce table and thought it would play a bigger role in the match with extra weapons or someone being chucked inside. The stomp to the chest through the table was cool though.

Almas vs Gargano was one of the greatest matches of all time. They have incredible chemistry together. I had multiple orgasms during that match, felt like I needed a fag after. Gargano winning would’ve made it even more wonderful, but I’m glad to see Almas continue as champ. Thought Ciampa would appear a different way but it was good nonetheless. Not sure if Ciampa is fit yet, so perhaps the Takeover after the Mania weekend one is where they have their match. Yet again after a Takeover, good luck to the main roster topping that. 

20 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Another really good show. 

Undisputed Era vs AoP was good. Told a good story of them working over Akam’s leg, being the crafty and smaller heels working an old school style. Finish was neat too. Hopefully TM61 are the next challengers as those four guys could do something special. 

Dream vs Ohno was a solid match. Dream continues to impress and Ohno is great in this player/coach role he seems to have at NXT. Dream is so over with the fans. 

Moon vs Baszler was alright. Others have rated it more highly than I have. The submission sequence went on too long and Moons selling of her arm after the eclipse was ridiculous. But the finish was fine.

Black vs Cole was really good once it got started. Even the interference didn’t harm it. I wondered what that crate was doing near the announce table and thought it would play a bigger role in the match with extra weapons or someone being chucked inside. The stomp to the chest through the table was cool though.

Almas vs Gargano was one of the greatest matches of all time. They have incredible chemistry together. I had multiple orgasms during that match, felt like I needed a fag after. Gargano winning would’ve made it even more wonderful, but I’m glad to see Almas continue as champ. Thought Ciampa would appear a different way but it was good nonetheless. Not sure if Ciampa is fit yet, so perhaps the Takeover after the Mania weekend one is where they have their match. Yet again after a Takeover, good luck to the main roster topping that. 

One of the greatest matches of all time? Come on now. It was fantastic but that’s a massive call. The show really exceeded my expectations. Interesting to see what they do with EC3 as well.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

One of the greatest matches of all time? Come on now. It was fantastic but that’s a massive call. The show really exceeded my expectations. Interesting to see what they do with EC3 as well.

In WWE history at least anyway. Told a great story, had everyone hooked and emotionally invested in Gargano winning. I’ve seen plenty of others share the same opinion as me. 

Also, as for EC3, I haven’t watch any matches of his since he went to Impact. Is he a solid hand?

EC3 is decent in the ring with the right guy, his match with Spud was pretty great. He's primarily a character value guy though, which I'm more than fine with. We have enough Roderick Strongs. He's charismatic and has star value, he should excel

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

I think Impact are being too nice allowing wrestlers to retain their gimmicks. WWE send out cease and desists the second one of their gimmicks is being infringed upon, even gimmicks they didn’t even create. But here they are, benefitting from a TNA/Impact creation.

They aren't benefitting from the name, and his 'gimmick' was being Dixie's nephew which they are not even remotely going to touch upon. EC3 carries no name value outside of the TNA fanbase, who either already watch WWE or are aware of their product. What they'll benefit from is the 5 years of experience and seasoning he's got working on a TV product, earning enough not to go to the indies and limit the damage to his body. WWE won't mention TNA ever in relation to his years in the wilderness and I would bet he'll be 'built up' on NXT for at least a year before going up to the main shows. TNA is just another place for ex WWE guys to go and work and get experience until they get a chance to have another bite of the cherry.