NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic is back again this year, with matches happening on NXT TV and to culminate at Takeover:New Orleans. It's been reduced to just 8 teams this year:

Sanity, Authors of Pain, Heavy Machinery, Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss, TM61, Street Profits, The Forgotten Sons (Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake) and one more TBA (presumably the recently signed War Machine)

• Awards Moderator

Why put Blake with thisCutler when they could have just stuck him back with Murphy? I know they split but neither has gone anywhere since. The only way I can see them getting anywhere close to the main roster is as a team. And then put them as Alexa’s backup on Raw. 

Murphy has main evented some NXT house shows as a singles wrestler recently, he’s also been apart of a new group which could debut soon in NXT, other members include Christopher Dijak, Marcel Barthel (The Leader) and Fabian Aichner 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Was there a particular reason why they split up Blake and Murphy? Surely if a tag team is good enough to put the tag titles on, then they should be good enough to be broght up to the main roster as such? I thought they made a good, if not great team, and they both look hopeless on their own.

Edited by Supremo

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Murphy has main evented some NXT house shows as a singles wrestler recently, he’s also been apart of a new group which could debut soon in NXT, other members include Christopher Dijak, Marcel Barthel (The Leader) and Fabian Aichner 

This sounds like my new favourite thing. Like all those guys and Barthel is something else, just a really good wrestler.