NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

Oh, that’s so disappointing to hear. I mean, if they both independently decided they wanted that then that’s one thing, and if it’s entirely been their choice then fair enough, but if not - and I suspect not - I thought we were past that era of women needing a boob job to get ahead in WWE. Genuinely disappointed to hear that’s happened. 

It's hard to judge Black on promo's so far, he's only done two I think on nxt but he seems confident and is a clear speaker which is a good thing, I wouldn't judge reactions from crowds at block tapings those things can be knackering.

I love stables, it would be great for them to try more stables like NJPW to get more guys on tv and keep matches fresh, I know its only and hour show so it has to be balanced so people get noticed.

Stables would be good for Raw/SD to keep keep feuds going without burning through the main matches, but I'm sure I read years ago that Vince doesn't like groups and see's more money in individual stars which doesn't surprise me that he'd have a different view on them despite NWO, DX, Horsemen, Evolution and Currently Bullet Club being popular and money makers creating loads of moments and matches.

2 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I'm sure I read years ago that Vince doesn't like groups and see's more money in individual stars

What an old mess he really is, money in individuals, how about fucking creating just one then, letting them flourish when there is a natural groundswell behind them instead of chopping there balls off. Vince thinks the thing that draws is WWE and WWE alone, all this brass ring stuff is utter bollocks, there is literally no other reason that you could ever think a 205 tour would work, he thinks sticking "come see WWE 205 Live" on a poster means 10,000 people will flock, completely unaware that Tony Nese has the charisma of my dead Gran.

• Paid Members

I don't think it's so much groups that Vince doesn't see money in as tag teams; his logic is that if one half of a tag team gets injured, that's both members fucked, and he's effectively paying two blokes to do nothing. Ignoring the fact that there's storytelling potential in someone who's ordinarily a tag team wrestler having to go it alone while his partner's hurt, or finding a replacement partner and having to deal with the consequences when his original partner returns, it does make a bit of sense.

I'd say if Vince has a problem with groups, it's likely the way he books them; The Shield are the closest to a "group of equals" I can really think of in WWE, ordinarily a WWE stable comes down to one guy and his lackeys. They always have to have a leader, and then the remainder of the group rarely have a defined role, they're just hangers on the for Alpha Male. I'm sure there's no psychological reason underpinning that.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't think it's so much groups that Vince doesn't see money in as tag teams; his logic is that if one half of a tag team gets injured, that's both members fucked, and he's effectively paying two blokes to do nothing. Ignoring the fact that there's storytelling potential in someone who's ordinarily a tag team wrestler having to go it alone while his partner's hurt, or finding a replacement partner and having to deal with the consequences when his original partner returns, it does make a bit of sense.

I'd say if Vince has a problem with groups, it's likely the way he books them; The Shield are the closest to a "group of equals" I can really think of in WWE, ordinarily a WWE stable comes down to one guy and his lackeys. They always have to have a leader, and then the remainder of the group rarely have a defined role, they're just hangers on the for Alpha Male. I'm sure there's no psychological reason underpinning that.

How does pay for full time tag team wrestlers(I'm thinking the Uso lads as an example) compare to single wrestlers of the same level? Reason I'm asking, is I wonder if Vince's dislike of tag teams come from having to pay 4 people for a tag match, as opposed to 2 for a single match? 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Reason I'm asking, is I wonder if Vince's dislike of tag teams come from having to pay 4 people for a tag match, as opposed to 2 for a single match? 

I'm sure I've heard that - possibly from the LOD in a shoot, possibly in response to a slightly toadying question about why they never got to main event despite being awesome/mega over.

12 hours ago, BomberPat said:

That’s a general wrestling thing rather than WWE, though. One of the primary purposes of a stable is to protect a heel champion, by interfering in their matches and by providing barriers for the babyface to overcome before even getting to the champ. The Four Horsemen could’ve been called Ric Flair and Three Warm Bodies. The nWo in its heyday was lads keeping the belt on Hollywood Hogan.