NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I wish they'd put that on the air. It's the type of thing that makes you truly relate with the wrestlers because they actually feel like real, fun, interesting people.

I can't remember how long Finn has been on the main roster, but the three minutes in that documentary where he talks about being a nerd who stills plays with LEGO is by far the best thing they've ever done with him. None of the face paint, elaborate entrances or awkward promos has come close to that small moment in endearing me to him.

NXT are fucked for proper heels aren't they?

Corbin and Joe are the only two I can think of that are involved in the show constantly, every guy the bring in from the indies is instantly going to get a face reaction, who do you see turning heel?

Aries? Itami? Balor?

• Paid Members

NXT are fucked for proper heels aren't they?

Corbin and Joe are the only two I can think of that are involved in the show constantly, every guy the bring in from the indies is instantly going to get a face reaction, who do you see turning heel?

Aries? Itami? Balor?

I imagine Balor will be going that way once his "Club" of Anderson & Gallows turns up.

Wishful thinking on my part (as he's a favourite of mine but I'm pretty much done with TNA) but I think it would have been a perfect role for James Storm. He's a good heel, and you could have sat him at the 'upper midcard' level as someone who remains a threat but eventually gets his comeuppance from the faces (assuming he would have been there to fill the credible veteran role like Rhyno, rather than being considered a true developmental candidate).

The only way you can really get someone over as a heel with the Full Sailers is by casting them as a "Vince and Kevin Dunn" choice. If they had Vince, or even Dunn, make an appearance extolling the virtues of someone, it'd get them over as a heel instantly. Apollo Crews is the obvious choice. Imagine Vince standing in the NXT ring shouting "Look at... Look at the BODY on this guy. Look at the MUSCLES on this guy!" And have Apollo say he's looking forward to one day wrestling Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania. Vince tells him "I can see it already, pal." Basically, the Drew McIntyre ch-ch-ch-chosen one gimmick.

They could introduce someone new with the gimmick too, but is there anyone not on NXT's primary roster yet who could pull it off?

• Paid Members

The only way you can really get someone over as a heel with the Full Sailers is by casting them as a "Vince and Kevin Dunn" choice. If they had Vince, or even Dunn, make an appearance extolling the virtues of someone, it'd get them over as a heel instantly. Apollo Crews is the obvious choice. Imagine Vince standing in the NXT ring shouting "Look at... Look at the BODY on this guy. Look at the MUSCLES on this guy!" And have Apollo say he's looking forward to one day wrestling Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania. Vince tells him "I can see it already, pal." Basically, the Drew McIntyre ch-ch-ch-chosen one gimmick.

That's a fantastic idea.

As for Balor Club, I don't think they actually need to be hated. As long as the babyfaces are also popular and the crowd is just somewhat split, it will still work. I think the issue comes if the babyface gets booed. That's just shit and confusing. But heels who get cheered aren't the end of the world. Just the end of WCW.

Top idea Pitcos.

I was hoping that Michael Cole showing up was an early seed for some sort of NXT/main roster angle but in the end it seemed to be a one off due to Regal's surgery.

You only have to look at Eva Marie to see the upside to a "chosen one" angle.

Also while I'm here I would put together a heel faction consisting of Eva Marie, Emma, Dana Brooke and Nia Jax or maybe Alexa Bliss. They could even call themselves The Four Horsewomen which would drive the Full Sail fappers up the wall.

Have them protect an NXT Women's Champion Marie in the hopes she is putting a good word in for them with Vince and Kevin. Of course it would turn out that she is just using them leading to their eventual split shortly after Marie has been knocked off as champion by whoever the top Women's division face is at the time.

EDITED

Sorry if I spoiled something for anyone. Dumb post on my part.

Edited by The King Of Swing