NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Yeah, Blackpool would seem ideal for Takeover- brilliant atmosphere, venue looks good, they could build up the Regal connection ( give him a final match?) They could use the tower and Big One as landmark images on the logo, Finns demon getup could include a Kiss Me Quick hat....maybe not that last bit.... but I love Blackpool and agree it'd be ace for Takeover.

And a Birmingham date, so I could have a drink and get the bus home!

• Paid Members

The Cov Skydome would have been perfect for one of the shows but they don't seem to put the wrestling on there any more, I think TNA in 2010 was the last time.

One of the NGW "BritWresFest 2016" tour shows coming up in March is going to be there, but yes, TNA would have been the last one in that place. Everyone else running that size of show has run either of the 2 arenas in Birmingham instead.

EDIT: ...and as for NXT, there were rumours of them running Download Festival, weren't there? Isn't that in June?

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

any details on that NGW show? sounds interesting

Hmm. Was going to post the link (http://www.ngwuk.com/events.php), but the shows seem to have disappeared. They were definitely there, and announced across various media (it was Milton Keynes, Altrincham, Coventry and somewhere else, over 2 weekends in March).

So, no idea.

Just looked that show up and it seems like it's been moved to later in the year.

https://www.facebook.com/NGWrestlingUK/posts/10153789034245815:0

New Generation Wrestling UK Unfortunately, we've had to shuffle the dates around a bit due to some clashes at Arena's end. Hoping for an announcement in the next few weeks when everything is confirmed , we're looking at the second half of the year now

• Paid Members

Hopefully they do a midlands show, Though i prefer them to do Baggeridge social club in gornal.. !

Fuck me, I went to a show there once. Was delighted to see Spud (had a pint/fag/scratchings with him after and a chat about 1PW). Only went because my workmate told me her cousin was on the card. Cousin turned out to be the bloke now known as Dave Mastiff.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Speaking of the crowd, the report I read from the last taping ended with the guy apologising on behalf of the crowd.  Basically saying "you'll see why I'm apologising for them when it airs" so we have that to look forward to.

Sounds like a cheap ratings ploy to me! Bet the guy that wrote the report secretly works for TNA. Probably posts on forums too.