NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

This was probably out of the blue for Bull, he must have thought he had settled in to a comfy little midcard role where he didn't have to improve the look and getting to a Smackdown dark match must have been a boost at the time. Shame for the guy, he was fucking dire though.

• Paid Members

They've also released English ex-rugby player Peter Howard (yeah, me either) and pseudo-luchador Magno. They were the only two from their signing class that hadn't at least made it onto regular house shows, and have never been on TV.

• Paid Members

Marcus Louis too?! Noooo! I mean, he was crap but I loved his mental screaming thing he did. Missed opportunity for a low-level Wyatt Family member to get thrown about by the babyfaces there.

Why are you surprised? He hasn’t been on even NXT TV for months.

• Paid Members

Bull was passable doing the comedy fat lad routine, but him trying to do anything intimidating was always groan-inducing for a variety of reasons. He has the short fat fingers of a bloke that's never done a proper days work in his life, for example. Or that he looks like a BO dominated wrestling fan that's into Taz cosplay.

I've never really cared for Bull until his match with Tye Dillinger in Cardiff which was genuinely hilarious. Can't imagine he would have ever done anything notable on TV though.

He'll turn up in TNA in 90 days doing a Brodus Clay.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

I've never really cared for Bull until his match with Tye Dillinger in Cardiff which was genuinely hilarious. Can't imagine he would have ever done anything notable on TV though.

He'll turn up in TNA in 90 days doing a Brodus Clay.

I was more expecting PCW to get on him to be honest.

• Paid Members

I usually feel sorry for guys when I hear they've been let go, even if they're not particular favourites of mine. Chuffed with these releases though.

Bull finally found a role that suited him with the funny fatty gimmick, but the shelf life of a character like that is always pretty short. I guess NXT is supposed to be where they're trying to build stars, not jobbers, so it makes sense to drop any guys that clearly aren't going to make it any further than the foot of a card in the developmental territory. Louis and LeFort were both shit, seems they fell out of favour a long time ago so this comes as no surprise at all.

Decent episode of NXT this week- who knew that Carmella's old man was a WWF jobber!? Good segment highlighting her ahead of her title match.

One thing I didn't like was top babyface Sami Zayn coming across all moany over the double submission angle in advance of Regal's announcement. That's not likeable behaviour.

The "title-free" main event was decent, but no heat for it really. If Apollo Crews had a bit of attitude he'd be a sure-fire future main eventer, he's got everything else they could wish for. 

They might as well. He couldn't look less like a drifter, it just looks like River Island have had a sale. Orlando has some pretty restrictive vagrancy laws, so they're giving us a hipster dressed up in gimpy accessories. It's a terrible look for working in a call centre, never mind this caper. 

I'll never get over how stupid it is as a character. The Drifter is the worst idea ever for a gimmick on a show that's a travelling circus. It's even worse on a show that's in the same town every week. There are two ways to do a drifter on a TV show. One is the show follows the drifter from town to town, like the Incredible Hulk. The other is a show set in one location, where the drifter turns up as a baddie-of-the-week and by the end of the episode, gets killed or leaves town. This cunt in NXT is on the same schedule as everybody else on the show. Even Duke Droese could have just gone part-time on the bins in between tapings as a fallback in case wrestling didn't work out. But don't give someone the same itinerary as Sami Zayn and the Vaudevillains and tell me only he's the vagabond one.

According to numerous folk on Twitter, Finn Balor injured his ankle at the end of his match with Joe at a house show last night and left the arena on crutches. Doesn't sound good, but at least they've taped everything up to Takeover.

Edited by Slapnut