NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Yeah, they don't seem to know syllables work.

I hate it when the do double pin/submission finishes. It just doesn't make sense, why would the ref call for the bell if he doesn't know who has won the match? Makes him look a right plonker.

Then again, if you think about anything in wrestling for too long you'll go mental.

Fairly good show overall, don't see why they couldn't have some sort of vignette for Austin Aries' debut rather showing the sodding 'coming soon to WWE Network' promo twice in the same show

I like the Wrestlers reaction though to Ref calling for the bell and the confusion after, it was very sports like, as you see when the ref makes a dodgy call in a Football match or something, they both kind of calmly tried to make there own point and valid reason for winning, I think Zayn was saying "What is the issue I had him in the Sharpshooter and he tapped, where is the controversy". It sure beats getting up on the corner and pandering to the crowd, as if THEY can alter the call in your favour. Little things like that I like.

I get what you mean, but that adds to the overall stupidity of the ref calling for the bell. They are supposed to be the in-ring authority and if they're calling for the bell, they should know whose hand they're raising afterwards rather than standing there with his lad in his hand.

Like I say, I don't think we should think about it too much because it's wrestling at the end of the day, the rules only matter when the storyline dictates

I get what you mean, but that adds to the overall stupidity of the ref calling for the bell. They are supposed to be the in-ring authority and if they're calling for the bell, they should know whose hand they're raising afterwards rather than standing there with his lad in his hand.

Like I say, I don't think we should think about it too much because it's wrestling at the end of the day, the rules only matter when the storyline dictates

I see where you're coming from but I look at it as in the sense that the ref has seen some one tap out so he has to call for the bell. If some one is tapping out he can't just leave the wrestler in agony to risk further injury. His immediate reaction is to call for the bell when he sees some one tap out.

If a ball goes out for a throw in, the ref will blow the whistle, doesn't necessarily mean he knows who it came off last

• Paid Members

I drift in and out of NXT but watch all of the Takeovers. Only recently seen Jason Jordan for the first time. He looks immense! For those that have seen him more, could he be a main eventer in the future?

I think Jordan and Big Cass can be solid main eventers down the line

Definitely Jordan but not Big Cass. I love the big guy but he's very much the same mould as a Billy Gunn or Test. He has his place on the roster for sure but he won't be a main eventer. 

I love Billy Gunn by the way.

Read earlier that WWE are looking to bring NXT back over here in June.

Approached an arena that is the home of "one of the UKs top indy promotions" apparentlt as well.

Oh and theyre looking to do another Takeover here but not in London this time

Read earlier that WWE are looking to bring NXT back over here in June.

Approached an arena that is the home of "one of the UKs top indy promotions" apparentlt as well.

Oh and theyre looking to do another Takeover here but not in London this time

Anyone have any ideas on the top indie arena? Don't follow any UK stuff

Possibly the ICW venue,  Barrowlands in Glasgow which would be much cheaper than the Hydro and still a decent crowd in there, up to 1900 I think. Hydro was very hollow and empty looking because it was so big.

Only other place I could think of in Glasgow would be in London somewhere? one of the Progress or Rev Pro venues?

• Paid Members

All of their shows did over 3000 fans (with the exception of sold out Blackpool) and any "home" of a UK indy is going to be much smaller, so it would be weird to do it.

If it were true you're looking at the Barrowlands, York Hall or the Electric Ballroom - 1900, 1000 & 700 seats, respectively.