NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Just watching the show now, anyone else notice the massive jump cut in the Bliss/Cameron match? Bliss missed the double knees by a country mile and then heads to the top, she's up there in a nanosecond and Cameron has moved three foot closer.

What's the deal with Gargano, and Ciampa for that matter? Are they signed or not? If they're not, isn't this TV time that someone else could be benefitting from, or do they have so few people TV ready (by developmental standards) that they have to bus in guys from the indies

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Apollo Crews is still a work in progress. They pushed him as an indy darling coming in with international pedigree but hes still in the early stages of his career and hadn't quite made that level yet.

He's still improving and playing catch up. Hell be fine.

This. I think most people forget that NXT is a developmental show. The best thing about NXT is watching people improve and everyone on that roster has areas in which they can improve.

Good to see that even in a run-in and beatdown, Nia Jaxx is absolutely fucking useless. It is developmental for a reason I suppose, but when the good on NXT is world class good, her shite doesn't half stick out. Those rotten Hulkbuster legdrops and her seemingly accidentally sabotaging poor Eva Marie doing such a piss job holding Carmella up for her to deck her.

What a terrific main event, despite that. Could have had another few minutes of that.

Corbin has undoubtably improved between the ropes, but I haven't seen any improvement or development of the character since day 1.

The man said himself on more than one occasion in 'Breaking Ground' that it's so different coming from American Football where you're encouraged to show no emotion to wrestling where your expressions are so important. So he knows that he should be more animated, but still only shows that one blank look. He looks at the crowd blankly during his entrance, looks blankly at his opponent before locking up, and looks blankly at the hard camera after winning a match.

I enjoy his matches most of the time, but can't see me getting invested in a feud he gets in anytime soon.

Mental note for UKFF Awards: Alexa Bliss vs Cameron is my current front runner for Worst Match of The Year.

I really enjoyed the main event. It was a very enjoyable match in which Carmella proved she can keep up with the best, followed by an effective but subtle post match angle. I liked how seeds were planted for a number of scenarios in future involving all 5 women without having it spelled out for the viewer.

That gigantic gentleman wearing a bright red tshirt in the front row is going to be very distracting over the next few weeks.