NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

NXT have a killer heel stable at their hands here and they (most likely) don't even know it. Baron Corbin, Alex Riley, Eva Marie and Dash & Dawson would make a great 'indy killers' group and what with Trips bringing in all this outside talent it's absolutely perfect. The heel heat would be through the roof and the 8-man tags would be tremendous. You can the have Balor forming a new club in order to take them all down and that's your main feud. Trips seems to be a big fan of WarGames so you would naturally blow the feud off in the return of the classic gimmick. I don't tend to fantasy book often, but, fuck it;

-Trips announces the 32-man global cruiserweight series. He even holds a few qualifying matches on NXT.
- Corbin takes offence to this as the biggest wrestling company in the world is making time for guys who wrestle in front of 40 people for ten dollars and a hotdog.
- During the tourney, Corbin will destroy a few indy guys. After a match, before a match, during a match, whenever.
- Trips gets pissed and has the winner of the tourney face Corbin at the next NXT Takeover. If Corbin wins he gets an NXT title shot and if the indy guy wins he gets a contract to jump straight over Corbin and onto the main roster.
- Corbin wins due to interference from Alex Riley, who has been very public for the last few years about his hatred of proto-typical ndy guys and the proto-typical indy style. An alliance is born!
- Corbin and Riley run roughshot on indy dudes in both squashes and ultra-competetive singles and tags.
- During all this, Eva Marie is getting pissed off that she isn't getting what she deserves; the women's title. She wins the Womens Championship after Corbin and Riley distract the ref in a title match leading to some cheating on Eva's part. The group grows in size.
- Dash & Dawson, with their "No Flips, Just Fists" gimmick fit perfectly into the group. They lose to a few indy teams and batter the ever living fuck out of one pairing as the camel's back is broke. They help Baron win another No.1 contender's match, cementing themselves in this Anti-Indy alliance.
- Of course, NXT don't advertise this is an 'anti-indy' thing but that's the blatant sub-text. They motives of the group are they are 'disenfranchised', 'lost in the shuffle' and are generally angry at the state of the future of the WWE. They have motives that are believable and they believe they are truly in the right.
And that's that. All you need is the NXT champ to drop the title to Corbin and the ex-champ starts a group to combat it all. As well as general group warfare, you have Corbin defending the NXT championship and Eva defending the Women's Championship to molten lava heat. Dash & Dawson dominate the tag division, chase the tag titles but really those need to stay on a babyface team so we don't get another stable hoggingg all the titles. Riley becomes the NXT gatekeeper; any indy guy who comes in and wants to stay has to get through him first. You'll automatically root for the indy guy as no one likes Riley, at all.

This shit writes itself though. After the heels are beaten in WarGames, the group splits when Riley turns on Corbin. The crowd should side with Corbin as an anti-hero of sorts and you start that program. Eva Marie is called up, her job is done. Dash & Dawson continue their tag title chase, maybe even a face turn around the corner.

I have a massive urge to fire up EWR now and reenact this all out. The wrestling enviroment is so fucking good right now.

Alex Riley looks like Mike Awesome right now. I'm sold. I can't believe he lost. Maybe it will lead to him powerbombing people through multiple tables? Somebody needs to recreate that Spike Dudley match. Probably not. He'll be injured again in a few weeks sadly.

Womens tag next week should be excellent fun.

Loved American Alpha's Marty Jarnetty style ring-gear. Or maybe there were paying homage to Aston Villa era Mark Bosnich. Either way, looked awesome

I immediately thought  "Steiner Brothers", but there was a real Marty Jannetty feel to it as well.

They should order 20 different Steiner-style singlets so they can wear different stuff most weeks. No-one else does that. Love that team.

I'd avoided spoilers but, from inklings here and there, I assumed a completely different ending. When it turned out to be basically a re-run of the triple threat finish, I thought it stupid too. Was Corbin banned from ringside at all, because his sort would probably have been thinking of ruining the match anyway, right?

• Paid Members

NXT have a killer heel stable at their hands here and they (most likely) don't even know it. Baron Corbin, Alex Riley, Eva Marie and Dash & Dawson would make a great 'indy killers' group

Baron Corbin in a stable goes against EVERYTHING he stands for as the Lone Wolf gimmick.

Sod the others though, having Corbin go bat shit mental against the 'indy darlings' would be good for a bloody laugh

Fucking shit ending to the main event this week. So contrived.

Yeah it really stood out as being daft.

Saying that I thought Regal needing to check the tape was daft as well since it's pretty bloody obvious what happened and would take all of 5 seconds to make a decision. It's wrestling though and in the grand scheme of things it's hardly WCW/TNA levels of stupid so I can live with it.