NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I assume that was the last hurrah of Bull Dempsey. How i wish they'd gone back to him being an awful heel pretend hard man. I'd rather see that than Finn as champ.

Ā 

Apollo needs to turn aswell. I felt like there was a bit more urgency in his performance this week and it was an improvement. No more promos!!!

• Paid Members

Christopher Girard likes his headlocks. First I've seen of him, but I know of who he is. He reminds me of Cesaro, with his look and the uppercuts. He'll do well to try to avoid doing anything to encourage people to make that kind of mental connection.

Ā 

I see nothing whatsoever in Tommaso Ciampa. Nothing.

Ā 

Apollo Crews needs to look meaner, even as a babyface. He's got one of the friendliest faces I've ever seen on a wrestler, which I guess he's stuck with but I think a Scott Steiner goatee or something like that might help him to look more of a bad ass. He's blessed with a great look but his presentation is so vanilla.

Ā 

Great promo work from Samoa Joe once again, not so much from Finn Balor at the end. He's just fucking atrocious. I'm guessing all these things like fucking around doing Dirty Dancing with Bayley on the house shows is stuff that he's being encouraged to do to try to help that side of things for him.

Ā 

Once again, American Alpha are the stars of the show. I'm so into these guys at the moment.

Usual good show from NXT this week, but I was blown away by the Corbin/Aries beatdown. I know it was AA coming in because of Twitter going apeshit when it was first taped, but I had no idea Corbin piled on straight away. Really aggressive from him, lots of fire which is unusual. "Pissed off that he's overlooked a lot" seems to be the 'real personality turned up to 11' formula for him he's so far not been able to harness. The ironic thing is, he'll have to put him over strong when they have their big match, but I've got faith they'll be great together and Aries' babyface arrogance will play brilliantly off him. Excellent stuff.Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Forgot to mention the blatant exposition in the form of off-hand commentary about the Bullet Club during Finn's entrance. Surely they're turning up on NXT soon, WWE rarely - if ever - does internet-y stuff like that just for the craic.

Edited by NEWM

Not sure why but beginning to like the Drifter. And loved the video package of him this week.Ā 

Ā 

A slow burner but can see him going quite far.

Ā 

He looked really good this week imo.

Ā 

Graves shitting all over him on commentary at times didn't help though. He's like JBL without the shouting at times.

Ā 

Emma really does wear the coolest shades in wrestling.