NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Don't get me wrong it was a great match but unless my audio was playing up the crowd seemed dead for the majority of the match and that took away from it somewhat. Of course it was good and I still can't believe I just saw a 40+ minute match take up an entire episode of WWE programming.

Wasn't there also meant to be a tag match involving American Alpha? Thought they mentioned it at the start of the show?

Or because the 2/3 falls match took too long they have put it back a week (I know its all taped at once, but from 'we didn't expect the match to last that long'. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure they've done it before when Cena/HBK went 50-odd minutes on Raw and they had to 'postpone' their main event of Orton vs Edge.

Trivia : Cena vs Michaels went 42:15, they edited in the ad breaks then claimed it went an hour. 38 minutes or so aired on TV if you cut the breaks out.

I know it's only somewhat related but didn't TNA do a match that lasted the whole show back when Impact was only one hour ? Christian Cage, Rhyno and possibly Angle in a triple threat match ? From what I remember though it wasn't much of a pure wrestling match as it had about half a dozen run-ins.

The head writer of NXT has now been moved to Smackdown.

Wonder if this will be a big story in the next 12 months. Ryan is a sharp cookie, but being the head guy to write a show with Trips approving is going to be so much different to the bigger team mentality on a show that has to fit within Raw's guidelines.

Was thinking about this in the Mania 33 thread, the NXT show being there - this brand could be vastly different in a year. I can see a lot of people being brought up, and a different writer could easily mean different vision for how to run it, which could go either way.

• Paid Members

Lucha Underground dedicated an entire episode to the Johnny Mundo vs. Prince Puma 'All Night Long' (read: Iron Man) match is Season 1.

The NGW British Wrestling Weekly show on the local TV channels (yeah, I know) has done it a few times when they've got a 'big' title match too.

• Awards Moderator

Don't get me wrong it was a great match but unless my audio was playing up the crowd seemed dead for the majority of the match and that took away from it somewhat.

The crowd were unusually down for parts of the match. Lots of shots of people looking at their phones.

Cracking match though, will easily be on MOTY ballots. I also enjoyed the commentary teasing that there *should* be time for other matches... Shout out to the commentary generally for putting in some great work too.