NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Dash & Dawson defending the NXT Tag Team Championships against Enzo & Cass on the WWE Network Roadblock special from Toronto is an interesting addition to that show..

I like The Drifter but his gimmick needs some tweaking and fleshing out, instead of being a guitar playing loner they should focus on him being 'a loner at the the end of the bar you dont wanna mess with' type vibe,

Ā 

comes to your town, makes no friends, maybe steals,shags about, gets into fights then leaves.

Ā 

A Double was cool, knew he was coming but didnt know about Corbin so that was a surprise, I'd like Corbin to get the title before he gets called up he'd make a good change of pace and great experience for him.

Ā 

Balor vs Neville was good, crowd was a but quiet but guess they'd seen alot that night

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Forgot to mention the blatant exposition in the form of off-hand commentary about the Bullet Club during Finn's entrance. Surely they're turning up on NXT soon, WWE rarely - if ever - does internet-y stuff like that just for the craic.

What was said? I must have not been paying attention then.

• Paid Members

Thought it was a great episode this week, the hour absolutely few by for me.

Ā 

Santana Garrett looks absolutely stunning. I mean, NXT is full of women with great and unique looks these days, but she really looks a star.

Ā 

Great segment with Aries and Corbin.

Dash & Dawson defending the NXT Tag Team Championships against Enzo & Cass on the WWE Network Roadblock special from Toronto is an interesting addition to that show..

Ā 

definitely. Network specials having one NXT match in there should carry on. Added a lot to the Japan show whereas the MSG one felt just like a Raw. Looking forward to seeing how Enzo & Cass are received

Ā 

second the awesomeness of the AA/Corbin segment, really excited for that match. Corbin is fantastic, he's improved hugely over the past 6 or so months in the ring and on the mic, and his finisher fucking rules. Him hitting that on the outside looked brutal

Ā 

Joe's promos have been ridiculously good, pretty much the whole time he's been here but especially these recent heel ones.

Ā 

Hugo Knox has a decent look and didn't look too bad though I don't think he had much if any offense. I wonder if he has charisma. Footballer, so almost definitely not, like, but if he does he could be quite a prospect

Ā 

cant believe I'm saying this but I'm glad we're back at Full Sail next week. How many were in that crowd? It was weirdly dead at loads of points

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Ā 

Not sure why but beginning to like the Drifter. And loved the video package of him this week.Ā 

Ā 

A slow burner but can see him going quite far.

He looked really good this week imo.

Ā 

You must have been watching a different match to me. Was plodding. The crowd werenā€™t interested and were starting to boo by the end of it.

The gimmick could be ok with a little bit of tweeting, but as it is right now it's pure groan material. Graves ripping it to shreds on commentary doesn't help it either, as the pseudo-heel commentator should be right behind the guy. It's just a bit all over the place, but this is what developmental is for

• Paid Members

Funny that Enzo & Cass can be on the card for a WWE Network special when they often miss the cut for the NXT Specials!

Ā 

Does anyone else think they'll win and face someone like American Alpha at TakeOver? The crowd reaction for that could blow the roof off, they're probably the 4 most over guys in NXT for that type of crowd, it makes sense, have them drop the titles and move up to Raw after WrestleMania?

Ā 

Ā 

Funny that Enzo & Cass can be on the card for a WWE Network special when they often miss the cut for the NXT Specials!

Does anyone else think they'll win and face someone like American Alpha at TakeOver? The crowd reaction for that could blow the roof off, they're probably the 4 most over guys in NXT for that type of crowd, it makes sense, have them drop the titles and move up to Raw after WrestleMania?

But then you'd just be putting the tag belts on Enzo & Cass for 4 weeks just to drop the to American Alpha.

Ā 

Regarding the matches at Roadblock & Takeover (potential NXT TV spoilers also)

Ā 

they previously announced that American Alpha will get a tag title match at Takeover, so I would assume that with everything taped upto that the match will still go ahead (Roadblock is March 12th, meaning there will then be 3 episodes of NXT before Takeover) and they're not going to be then able to reshoot everything Enzo & Cass as tag champions. I'm sure the Roadblock match will be fine, but the result seems a forgone conclusion

Ā 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

American Alpha's 'tour' of former tag champs and getting wins against themĀ is a cracking little simple angle. If Enzo and Cass take the straps, American Alpha then going over Dash and Dawson would lead to a sure fire title match.

Ā 

Alpha are easily my favourite tag team since the decimation of the division in the early 90s, they're wonderful faces, but I feel they would be fantastic heels too when the time is right for them to turn (WAY down the future).

Ā 

Does anyone know if there is a lead trainer/road agentĀ for theĀ tag division at the Performance Center? Whoever is giving advice to these young teams is doing sterling work.