NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Jordan & Gable winning the belts should be a big deal, and I think the old-school booking that seems to permeate through NXT's longer term stories leans heavily towards straight, old-fashioned "win the belts from the heels that have had a decent run and beaten everyone else." Them winning the belts from guys that have only had the belts a couple of weeks? Ehhhh. Winning them in a triple threat without actually pinning the champions? Even bigger ehhhhhhh. The new champions being popular babyfaces thus potentially splitting the crowd, thus potentially diluting the pop when Jordan and Gable win? Hate it, hate it, hate it. The only way I would accept Enzo & Cass winning the belts and Dallas becoming a three-way would be if Dash & Dawson win the belts back to put even more heat on them because they want to stall on Jordan & Gable relieving them of the belts a bit longer. Which I would also view as less preferable than the straight two on two at Dallas with Jordan & Gable terminating the long reign.

• Paid Members

So why can't enzo and Cass win the belts in Toronto and just have the takeover match be a triple threat?

Because stone cold said so so Edited by Chest Rockwell
Taping spoilers