NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Don't get me wrong it was a great match but unless my audio was playing up the crowd seemed dead for the majority of the match and that took away from it somewhat.

The audio wasn't playing up, but it wasn't right throughout the show including Regal's speech.

I think it is a side effect of the commentary being added afterwards instead of being done live.

I don't know why they weren't doing it live, being back at Full Sail.

Unless being able to mention Zayn's RAW appearance and UFC results was that important.

• Awards Moderator

WSM, I did know that but I appreciate the spoiler tags. Watch 'n' learn peeps.

Surprised the match was largely shat on by Reddit. Claimed it wasn't up to the "gold standard" of Angle v Lesnar (weird comparison).

• Paid Members

I can't say I enjoyed the match. Definitely not "MOTY". Just seemed to be Joe clobbering and stretching Sami, Sami falling over the place like he was drunk and then springing to his feet every now again for a, "Look! I have heart!" pop. There was no flow in the match or build to any spots.

The audio was also playing up through the night and the commentary was terrible as I lost count how many times Graves said, "Sami might be out". Almost as clichéd as, "2, [wrestler] stays alive." I bloody hate that phrase.

WSM, I did know that but I appreciate the spoiler tags. Watch 'n' learn peeps.

Surprised the match was largely shat on by Reddit. Claimed it wasn't up to the "gold standard" of Angle v Lesnar (weird comparison).

Are you surprised by anything you see in Reddit???

• Moderators

Regarding the dead crowd, wasn't this right at the end of a really long night of tapings? The crowd were probably burned out beyond belief.

No it was just the second match on the show.

It's just really hard to stay into a match that long, is my theory. I struggle with 90% of matches over 20 minutes. Matches just don't need to be that long in my opinion.

I watched this last night with a few friends after we decided to save it after hearing it was some beastly 40 minute bout...it could have been a classic I thought. In the end my words were "I don't know if that was a good match".

Both Sami and Joe are my favourite wrestlers under a WWE contract but a non title match, with a fairly predictable outcome (based on this past week for non spoiler folk) in front of the Full Sail crowd, Nah.

• Paid Members

The build-up, with the crap non-finishes in their previous matches, combined with the predictable outcome meant that the crowd just weren't into this like they have been for Sami's previous NXT classics. This would have been better if they had done it on a Takeover show, where they would have been given 25-30 minutes tops to tell the story. In the end I was just left feeling pissed off that I'd been promised the red-hot American Alpha were going to be in action and didn't get to see them.

Both Sami and Joe are my favourite wrestlers under a WWE contract but a non title match, with a fairly predictable outcome (based on this past week for non spoiler folk) in front of the Full Sail crowd, Nah.

I didn't think it was predictable. In fact, based on previous experience I was predicting the opposite finish.

Kevin Owens' last match in NXT was the main event of the Brooklyn Takeover show challenging for the belt a month or so after debuting on the main roster.

For that reason I was expecting it to go that way again with Zayn beating Joe and losing the Title match in Dallas in his final NXT match.