NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I want more of those video postcards she did, very kardashisnesque just asking for heel heat. Honestly can't believe that wwe hasn't capitalised on rippibg them off. Maybe it touches too close to some of the shit on total divas although then you just say at least our divas 'do,' something.

Live Eva to ham it up more and even get a Kanye in southpark like boyfriend on screen...maybe I shouldn't be listening to Russo on podcasts so much

• Paid Members

I genuinely enjoyed the Bayley-Eva Marie title match for its nuclear heat and Attitude-style shortcuts, distractions and run-ins than some of the "better" / "good wrestling" matches that have been on NXT, because it felt like more of a story.

• Paid Members

How is Mojo still there? I don't think he's improved at all since he started. Better talent has been let go.

That's something I was pondering. The Full Sail shit all over Eva Marie, yet they love Mojo who hasn't been in the ring for longer than three minutes for the last two years.

I get the feeling it might be like "Hoytamania" when the regulars in the Impact Zone used to nuts for Lance Hoyt so TNA pushed him. They only went nuts for him because he used to hang out with them, so they thought he was their mate. Hoyt was apparently going to bars and stuff with them though, I think Mojo just spends a lot of time hanging about outside Full Sail like we saw on Breaking Ground.

Fair play to him though, it's one way to get a reaction, I guess.

He's also mates with Rob Gronkowski (as mentioned on commentary this week, Gronk & his crew have shown up at Full Sail a couple of times) which I think would help him in WWE's eyes too. Anything for a mainstream rub.

I reckon Enzo&Cass, Finn and Bayley all have a good chance of being called up post Wrestlemania. We'll see what happens at Takeover but I can see Finn and Bayley both dropping the belts.

don't reckon it'll be Finn, not with all the Balor Club teases and Anderson & Gallows to come in. I was expecting Sami to win the #1 contendership and Finn to turn heel at Dallas with BC help. Fuck knows what they'll do with the Joe match but still reckon Balor Club is gonna be a key aspect of the programme this year. Finn himself has said many times he's in absolutely no rush to join up with the main roster. He's the only one I've heard make a comment like that so I reckon he'll be face of the brand for a while longer yet.

The other two are good shouts. Hoping after Mania we get a revisit of Sasha v Bayley and in my eyes Enzo & Cass debuting against a heel Dudleyz would be sick

American Alpha just cannot do wrong. Never seen a match from them that wasn't tons of fun. Fucking hell that rolling german suplex from Gable, I nearly lost my mind.

Ciampa very impressive this week. Not sure why I always seem to read criticism of him here. He'll be valuable to the show going forward, assuming he's signed. Not that fussed about Gargano at all but I love watching Ciampa and pleased to see some focus on him these past few weeks. Lets have him kick the shit out of the Drifter please.

Seeing Shinsuke was absolutely surreal. Aries' little interview was great and damn it's worth mentioning again - that End of Days on the outside the other week looked BRUTAL. My be my favourite finisher in the game right now, with American Alpha's not far behind

Asuka/Bayley too, fucking hell, Dallas is gonna be amazing.

Edited by sj5522

I genuinely enjoyed the Bayley-Eva Marie title match for its nuclear heat and Attitude-style shortcuts, distractions and run-ins than some of the "better" / "good wrestling" matches that have been on NXT, because it felt like more of a story.

Me too, I think I gushed on it in this very thread actually. It built through the whole episode, with Cole as acting GM at the staff, Eva getting her fancy WWE dressing room etc. It was exactly as you describe, Attitude era deck-stacking where you've got the right mix of a babyface the audience care about enough to not have it all hurt the heel too much when they still can't get the job done. AND it kicked off the Bayley/Nia Jax story to head towards Takeover:London, so it had the added bonus of having a bigger purpose. One of my favourite single episodes of a wrestling show in years.

EDIT: Yes, because this was the episode where Joe came out after turning on Finn, signed the contract without making eye contact, and fucked straight off. That was brilliant!! God, NXT proper gets blood in it sometimes.

Edited by NEWM

I guess it all depends on whether WWE plan to debut the Bullet Club on Raw or NXT. I'd prefer a slow burn on NXT before being brought up but with the lack of star power on the main roster it does make me wonder if they'll just blow their load early as a ratings ploy. Then again a Finn & Bullet Club fued vs a returning Hideo Itami and a face Samoa Joe has me creaming my pants.

I reckon they'll stick them on NXT first and then maybe bring them up around November for Survivor Series similar to how The Shield debuted. A few more months in NXT won't do Balor any harm, Gallows has been there before so he's good to go and Anderson can be eased into the WWE style (I'm not familiar with his work outside of New Japan)

• Paid Members

How is Mojo still there? I don't think he's improved at all since he started. Better talent has been let go.

That's something I was pondering. The Full Sail shit all over Eva Marie, yet they love Mojo who hasn't been in the ring for longer than three minutes for the last two years.

I get the feeling it might be like "Hoytamania" when the regulars in the Impact Zone used to nuts for Lance Hoyt so TNA pushed him. They only went nuts for him because he used to hang out with them, so they thought he was their mate. Hoyt was apparently going to bars and stuff with them though, I think Mojo just spends a lot of time hanging about outside Full Sail like we saw on Breaking Ground.

Fair play to him though, it's one way to get a reaction, I guess.

He's also mates with Rob Gronkowski (as mentioned on commentary this week, Gronk & his crew have shown up at Full Sail a couple of times) which I think would help him in WWE's eyes too. Anything for a mainstream rub.

WWE should keep Mojo employed for the next 10 years if it gives them even a sniff of getting Gronk in for a shot. That man would be pro wrestling gold.

• Paid Members

Just occurred to me that we may well get to see Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Hideo Itami at some point......

They've been in the ring against each other before, fill your boots ;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17wa92_kenta-takashi-sugiura-vs-shinsuke-nakamura-naomichi-marufuji-noah-8-24-13_sport

Just occurred to me that we may well get to see Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Hideo Itami at some point......

They've been in the ring against each other before, fill your boots ;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17wa92_kenta-takashi-sugiura-vs-shinsuke-nakamura-naomichi-marufuji-noah-8-24-13_sport

I did wonder if that might have happened in Japan but i'm talking one on one. That sounds like a good tag though. Cheers.

Yeah I agree on Graves, he is trying to be too cute now, he always walked a fine line with me but the last few weeks he's crossed over and started bugging the piss out of me. Maybe he is buying into his own press and reading the praise in the dirt sheets or on the internet but he needs to settle down and pick the lane he wants to be in.

That video package on Alpha was brilliant, love those kind of things.

Rich Swann looked great, he has something about him that lad, lets be right he is beyond small so anything on the main roster is out but he could definitely be a prominent figure in NXT.