NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Finn Balor is a really rubbish promo, eh? I've only recently got into the habit of watching NXT every week and he's yet to be anything other than "nervous wrestler slowly... remembers... lines". I think Balor has everything else going for him, but his promos are miles away from being good enough - although, standards are fairly low on old Raw/Smackdown.

• Paid Members

0:16 seconds in.
Every Balor promo, ever!

For the archives, I really love Balor! Think he's a joy to watch...I just wish he'd have more bollocks about himself on the mic. He's a good looking fucker, with effortless charisma...when he's not talking.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

He's a charismatic talker when he's just been himself. It's an endemic problem in WWE right now. Whatever they're doing in the performance centre, they're producing guys who lose every ounce of flair if they're fully concious of the camera's presence.

• Paid Members

Except Corbin, watched his promo last night and was really impressed.

Don't massively watch NXT but looking at mania odds Aries and Joe to win this evening at NXT with Unibet returns 2.33 combined for every pound you put on. Not bad odds right?

I reckon Joe loses, debuts on Raw next week, Bullet Club debut in NXT and join Balor before swerving to turn on him and eventually down the line Corbin wins the title from him- which is when Balor will make the jump to the main roster.

• Paid Members

Balor needs to stop doing 'promos' and just crack on with talking.

I think its actually one of the weakest parts of the Performance Centre since Dusty passed. A lot seem to be up to it.

They need a Heyman or potentially a Foley to pick up that slack. No one at that school was a particularly A* promo, getting someone in who can get folks to click with themselves AND their character would be highly beneficial.

Noelle will surely be Florida bound, Foley going with her and helping would be great.

I have never seen nakamura, but interested given how excited others are getting. If he turns out to be albert in a del boy night robe it wont be forgiven.

PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson reports that, according to several sources, former TNA Champion Bobby Roode was spotted at the WWE hotel in Dallas, Texas. Johnson indicates that this could be a "most interesting development" because Roode wasn't scheduled for any appearances in the Dallas area this weekend.

Roode recently left TNA and the general belief was that he would end up in WWE/NXT.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Edited by buba3d

I have never watched Nakamura either, but tonight watched a couple of highlights etc on YouTube. I understand the personality side of things, but what else inside the ring makes him (as many seem to say) the best wrestler in the world today? A couple of his best moves are possibly ones WWE won't let him use on the main roster, although I liked the look of the submission/s he pulls off. If 1 or 2 matches could be named for the likes of me to check out, which would they be?