NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

What a great start to the in ring weekend.

The tag title match was as old school as it gets and Incan totally see the fuss about the Rivival!

Corbin's ring psychology is great and he must be due a call up soon.

Nakamaura has a very unique style which should lead to some interesting matches, he's almost a little like Auska in that respect.

The Women's title match was good, but didn't really hold me at times.

The main event was the most legitimate WWE has looked in a while, it added to the match even if it killed the pacing.

I can't be the only one who wished Dean Ambrose rocked up, completely ignored the match and came out with his cart to grab his chainsaw back!

I don't know if its due to the fact I really wanted Joe to win but the out of nowhere ending just didn't do it for me even though its take from 2 of my favourite matches.

Didn't expect much from Aries / Corbin and didn't get much.

Given more time and more experience with each other American Alpha and The Revival could have something really special on their hands.

The ladies were great. As much as I like Asuka. Its sad to see Bayley lose. Was a can't win whatever happens thing but I'm curious to see where they go now as there's definatly a rematch down the road.

Nakamura and Zahn was great. At times jawdropping. Fantastic debut. Hard to see Nakamura not being put right at Balor now or they may have him go through Joe first. Either way can't wait to see were NXT goes from here.

• Paid Members

What a terrific show that was. It was pretty heavy going, with long match after long match and no room for any breather matches or segments as you would get with the traditional three hour PPV format, but I still made it through in one go, even with my short attention span. Everything delivered and the atmosphere sounded great. I have to wonder what Evil Vince and Dunn think when they watch a show like this, with a packed arena going nuts for almost every person on the card, when a typical Raw can barely generate one decent positive reaction over the course of three hours.

American Alpha are my favourite act in wrestling right now, so I was pleased with the opener even if the result and the finish had seemed nailed on for weeks now. It was a brilliant tag team match. I hope The Revival do not lose any momentum from this point onwards, as they are great in the roles they play. The 'No Flips, Just Fists' style makes them perfect foils for any babyface team that NXT have or might put together in the future.

I must admit, Aries' debut didn't do much for me. It's a shame that it has taken so long for him to get to WWE, but at 37 he's just not what he once was. Baron Corbin was the star of this match, his improvement over the past year is almost immeasurable.

Nakamura and Sami stole the show with their match, although I don't think this will have been a surprise to anybody. My concern for Nakamura is whether he can work that strong style consistently in a WWE environment so concerned with protecting their workers from concussions. This felt like a big international exhibition match, perfect for a special event. I will need to be convinced that Nakamura can flourish on a weekly basis in NXT.

Great to see Bobby Roode there, that got a good reaction from the crowd.

I predict a very long championship reign for Asuka, they have booked her so strong since her arrival and that was a great way to crown a new champion. It is impossible not to feel sad for Bayley, but hopefully she can successfully step up to the main roster now.

The main event wasn't hindered by the blood stoppages for me, I like to see that realism and ultimately it just made Joe look like a total bad ass. I'm not into Finn's demon gimmick, but his make-up was really good this time out. I'm just really looking forward to the Bullet Club at this point, I think that will help Balor enormously. I was half-expecting an appearance last night, or at least a teaser, but can understand them leaving something for the future, this show already had enough going for it.

Hideo Itami may as well not bother coming back as we already have top Japanese stars who actually have charisma.

I get what you're saying but that's a little harsh. At the very least we can look forward to Hideo vs Joe, Nakamura, Balor, Aries, Corbin and Crews. He might not prove to be the best on the roster but there's plenty left for him in NXT.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

• Paid Members

There was a lady with long red (dyed) hair in the crowd who featured prominently in the background a few times. Should I have recognised her?

A lot of indy wrestlers with connections get comped or have an in for the NXT shows with so many shows in the area. Pretty much that. Wrestling is still the wrestling business ;-)

• Paid Members

Who wouldn't? Its not like they have Ron Bass and the Warlord on the roster these days. Brock Lesnar's whole offense is dropping people on the spine 50 times a match. Nakamura will fit right in with the type of wrestlers they have on the main roster.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Could Bayley make a step up tomorrow night? With the whole 10 Divas tag thing, it could be a lot like Bryan/Miz a few years back with the Nexus, and have Paige say that there's someone more deserving than Eva backstage who deserves her WrestleMania moment and then have the wacky waving inflatable arm waving tube men come up, if its one of the matches being shown on the USA Network, its a good introduction in front of a strong crowd. Moreso than I feel Monday would be if they're hitting the reset button and tiring everyone out. 

Nakamura won't be able to kick the fuck out of the main roster like he did last night. It was a fantastic spectacle but I can't see many blokes who'll take his offence.

I believe his offence isn't half as brutal as it looks. WWE wouldn't put him out there if he was a liability to ANY of their performers. It is clear the guy has talent and it looked as though he was able to reign in some of his offence so it looked brutal but wasn't as heavy as in his NJPW matches.