NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I'd say this is the best show the WWE's produced since 'Mania 30. Outstanding.

I've been a Nakamura fan for a few years now, but even I wasn't expecting such a brilliant match on his debut. Easily could be match of the year. What was also pleasing is they've given him boss music and an entrance that is sure to cause a few seizures along the road. However, I did expect him to get over, as the bloke is a master at the craft and is a grand example if people need to be shown what charisma is. He'll thrive on nXT like, but be interesting to see how things go with Vince getting final say.

I thought Bayley was losing but the way both sold it still made the whole thing seem real and what not.

In lesser hands that main event may have got sunk by the medical team fixing Joe's eye, but Joe did a phenomenal job coming back with even more intensity every time the match got restarted. In the end, I think it added a lot to the drama of it all. A shame we may not get to see Joe v Nakamura on NXT, if Joe is off to the main show soon. Joe in this form (and he's been slowly regaining his old form since he turned heel) is one of the best around.

Bobby Roode!

Edited by ColinBollocks

Fun show. I felt sorry for Aries when Corbin had him in the resthold and the crowd didn't start clapping. Hè did great but Corbin still has a long way to go.

How awesome was Samoa Joe!

Bobby Roode got a good chant going. James Storm must be going nuts right now. Beer Money in WWE could actually have become a real thing if he just had a bit of patience and just did the indies for a year.

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members

Nakamuras music is boss.

It annoyingly sounds SO similar to a song from the animated film Home that I don't like it.

Only thing I couldn't get my head around on the show. Sterling efforts from start to finish, everything meant something, I was invested in every single person, shows like that are why I adore wrestling.

Star of the night for me was Samoa fucking Joe, I've seen this guy and followed his career for a long time but this is as good as I have ever seen him, he is like a man possessed, so motivated. I am with the people that say the blood/stoppages added to it, I really think they did, the way Joe would just push them away and fly into Balor, he was like the proverbial monster they like to describe him as. They MUST call him up to the main roster, I don't give a fuck about Vince or body types or a "look", this guy is ready, more ready than ever and he's simply better than anybody up there.

You not giving a fuck about Vince is not the same as Vince not giving a fuck about Vince, though.

I agree, if that helps. Given the right material, Joe could really shine on the main show. The man genuinely looks like a serial killer at times.

Speaking of Vince, there's a cracking picture of Vince watching Nakamura doing the rounds. You can't really see his face, but my own inferences alone made me laugh.

That Nakamura/Zayn match was one of the best things I've ever seen. But, I couldn't help thinking 'I wonder what Vince thinks of Nakamuras act' or 'Christ, I wonder what Nash and Hall are thinking sat there'.

Brilliant show from top to bottom. Only the Baron Corbin match didn't hold my attention.

Not sure why Ambrose gave Balor a lend of his chainsaw..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Not sure why Ambrose gave Balor a lend of his chainsaw..

I wondered this, then rationalised it had to be a nod to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a bit like his entrance mimicking Jack the Ripper in London.

Anyway just finished watching the show, unbelievable stuff all the way through - there's no way will 'Mania beat that for consistent quality. This was my first time seeing Nakamura and I can certainly see what the fuss is about, some of those strikes looked brutal! Loved the tag team opener and AA getting their moment, and while the blood stoppages were seriously annoying Joe and Balor did well to get me hooked back in each time. It's events like tonight that remind me why I bother with and still love wrestling.

On a different note, are there any rumours Bayley and/or Joe are going to be called up to the main roster?

Wow!

When Takeover Brooklyn happened I thought it'd be years until they'd be able to top it but damn what a show they had last night. I echo the sentiments of it being the best WWE show since Mania 30 at least. I'd say they won't be able to top this but never say never with NXT.

That finish to Asuka/Bayley is how you put over a new champion. They made Asuka look like an absolute mega star.

I can't say anything about the rest of the card that hasn't already been said. However that main event might not have been the best technical wrestling match on the card but what an emotive performance from both men, especially Joe. Those facials after the match as he looked at Balor in utter disbelief really were top class.

I really hope we can put to rest the whole "the demon is just Finn in face paint, he wrestles exactly the same" nonsense. Finn put on a fantastic performance and the demon character played an integral part in that match.

Shame about the blood stoppage but they still made it work.

Yeah the chainsaw bit really confused me!!! Point taken on Vince.

I get that it was a reference to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, cos y'know, they're in Texas, but seemed really odd seeing that Ambrose has used a chainsaw in the build to his match with Lesnar.

Edited by SteelEdge

The demon character sort of played into the match, but if we're honest it still doesn't make a whole heap of sense.

2/3's through the match he goes all wild eyed and we're told the demon is here. So, who was coming down dressed like a cosplay tart cocking about with a chainsaw? Finn or the demon? Or is their a 3rd meta character where it's Finn playing the demo without actually yet being the demon?

I like Finn, but it's a weird old gimmick. His broader look doesn't really suit it, either. When he whipped off the papier-mâché dreds and revealed his short back and sides, it was like watching a tranny named 'Chardonnay' whipping of their wig and realising its bloke called Trev.