NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

That was really something special.

That Zayn/Nakamura match restored my 15 year old sons' faith in wrestling.

Shock and awe etched on his face throughout.

And whatever cunt said they didn't like Sami Zayns theme song is fucking soulless and probably likes Mumford and Sons.

Loved that. Definitely on par with Brooklyn. American Alpha are just the best. I can't recall if I've ever been so in awe of watching a tag team go to work. Revival did that botch and stuff but they were the perfect foil for that match and it was perfectly set up.

Ā 

Nakamura v Zayn must be the best company debut match I've ever seen

Ā 

Asuka/Bayley match really well done. Liked the shock of the finish

Ā 

Two shows in a row, Balor's entrance has made me loudly go "what the fuck!?". Good match, shame about the stoppages but great fire from both, Balor's screaming at the end sounded fucked up

Ā 

And Bobby Roode and Kota Ibushi! Lets go!

Ā 

Another point from the go home episode of NXT is that I actually liked the Drifter for the first time. It may have been the red wine but I was pissing myself when he came down the ramp singin a tune and the heat was magnificent.

Anyone know who does the finishes for the matches? The Asuka/Bayley & Balor/Joe finishes were both from Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart matches.

I've never thought about who puts the matches together or if the talents (especially the well-travelled ones) get say in how their matches are structured.

Ā 

Also, I suppose it's a question for another time but, I don't think I read who is meant to be Head Writing NXT going forward? That's not to say it hasn't been said. Though NXT does seem to follow it's own 'basic' build to a match, less 'sports entertainment' formula (possibly too simplistic a description)

• Awards Moderator

I think that might have been my WrestleMania. What a show!

Ā 

Loved the opener, beforehand I'd assumed it was a foregone conclusion American Alpha were winning but the two teams managed to draw me into the match and leave me in doubt a few times. I did a little cheer when Gable got the 3 count.

Ā 

Zayn vs. Nakamuraā€¦ incredible. Absolutely incredible. Jawdropping. Speechless. You could tell this was going to be something special right from the off and they delivered and then some. Such a good match. Got goosebumps when the fans sang Sami's music on his way out, and to think he's going from that to being a face in the crowd in the 7-man ladder match tomorrow.

Ā 

My feelings on Shinsuke were the same as Supremo's a couple of pages ago:

Ā 

I'd never seen Nakamura before, and I'm almost glad because seeing him for the first time here was fucking mind blowing.

Ā 

He's absolutely amazing!Ā 

Ā 

What. A. Match.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm also in the camp of thinking the blood stoppages added to the main event, though it was a shame they couldn't quite get the flow going that they wanted, it seemed so fitting for Joe's character that I almost thought they'd planned it to happen a couple of times. Joe was superb here. I'm sort of sad he didn't win. Great match all the same, though.

Ā 

I think I might go and watch Zayn vs. Nakamura again now. Can't see anything beating that for my match of the year.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

"Kinshasa is the town in the Congo where Muhammad Ali jogged through and the "Ali Boma Ye" chant was created."

Ā 

I thought that was pretty cool actually, was wondering why they changed the name. Graves can fuck off with that Swagsuke shit tho,

• Paid Members

Went into this show with more excitement and anticipation that I have for WrestleMania...and Christ did it deliver.

Ā 

Tag match was terrific. Both teams work really, REALLY well and they have a great chemistry against each other as well. I'd love to see these have an epic rivalry on the main shows that will leave a legacy. Before Gable goes on to be a major player, that is. I could watch him wrestle all day. Just a superb technician- everything he does is crisp from his suplexes to his aesthetically pleasing chain wrestling. Tag team wrestling done right, hot tags done right, cutting the ring in half done right. Awesome.

Ā 

Aries/Corbin was alright but the main purpose it served, and succeeded in doing, was showing how much Corbin has improved.

Ā 

I don't think there's anything more to add to the comments made for Nakamura/Zayn. It'll take a lot to beat that as the match of the year for me. I've only seen one Nakamura match previously (against AJ at Wrestle Kingdom earlier this year) so I was expecting great things, but he even exceeded my expectations. Already my new favourite wrestler. I absolutely adore his charisma and mannerisms in addition to his brilliant brutal style.

Ā 

Women's match was also brilliant. I watched this match first as my daughter wanted to watch it, she wasn't happy with the result. Really, really good match and like the previous match it had some brutal moments.

Ā 

Main event was again brilliant. Fucking hell, what a show this was if this was probably only the third best show on the night. I don't think the blood stoppages hindered the match at all and I think they probably helped the pacing of the match, as surely the crowd were emotionally drained at this point. Joe is at his very best as far as I'm concerned, better than I've ever seen him. The result I was expecting too, although I swear they did the Piper/Hart finish not too long ago with someone else. Be interesting to see if Joe moves into Raw now as rumoured.

Ā 

Top notch show, best NXT show I've ever seen and best wrestling show I've seen in a very long time. Match for match, I'd have to go back years for a better show.

Add me to the Nakamura fan club, that was sensational. In an age where polished turds like Ziggler could be replaced by holograms somebody that looks like they are spontaneous and going with the flow is a breath of fresh air. He's kind of all over the place, but he's one of these stars you can't stop watching such is the level of confidence, character and charisma. The guy carries himself like a million bucks, and I bet he'd be able to get most crowds onside pretty quickly. Ā This is all just before he's started dishing out the punishment as well.Ā 

Ā 

It wasn't as bad as it looked, if it was Zayn would have looked far less steady on his feet but there was definately a bit of mustard on that, you could see Zayn getting more physical as the match went on and that element of reserve and caution was less evident which appeared to me to be something Nakamura was bringing out in him. I think he'd make an excellent shitbag as well, you could just see him ruthlessly giving an AJ Styles a good beatdown on behalf of the gaffer. There's real promise here, and gives us something to look forward to.Ā 

That Nakamura makes Hideo Itami look like a right embarrassment. Absolutely fantastic showing against Sami Zayn, who I've gone right off since he's been on Raw but he was on great form here as well. Cracking match. It might be premature, but they should have a few of the writers thinking up what he's doing on Raw this Monday.

Had to stay spoiler free all day as I couldn't stay up for the show with being in work at 9.30 this morning, well worth making that sacrifice, what a show!!!!

Ā 

Made up American Alpha won the tag titles, they have become my favourite team by far on either roster beating out Enzo and Cass

Ā 

The Aries/Corbin match was the only weak match of the night, and even using the word weak is harsh as it was a decent match

Ā 

Zayn/Nakamura has stole the entire weekend for me, incredible match. This was my first proper taste of seeing Shinsuke in the ring and I want so much more, just hope Sami has plenty left in the tank for the ladder match tomorrow

Ā 

Loved the finish for the Women's match, put Asuka over massively yet didn't diminish Bayley in any way by having her pass out like a warrior rather than tapping. Heard talk that little Izzy had to be taken out in tears which just proves how much magic there still is in wrestling for little ones, though saw some right cunty remarks making fun of her on the comments section of a news site

Ā 

Main event was great if a little spoilt by the constant stoppages, little bit surprised by Finn retaining but what a great nod to Wrestlemania past by doing the finish to Hart/Piper from WM8

• Paid Members

Most NXT matches leave me cold, and the artificial "everything is awesome!" Impact Zone-level crowds annoy me (the London show was unbearable). But both the Nakamura match and the crowd during it were special.

Ā 

They need to get this guy on the main shows quick. Anyone who looks at him as a talent that needs "developing" is mental.

I think he needs to tone back his facial expressions a little. My only fault with the match was that they are a little too distracting. But fuck me the amount he stands out compared to anyone else is superb. Even in his Test away kit pleather trousers.

. Match for match, I'd have to go back years for a better show.

Ā 

I completely agree. You'd be hard pushed to find a better 5 match card anywhere. Possibly my favourite start to finish show since the first ECW One Night Stand.

Ā 

American Alpha are like a cross between Team Angle and The Steiners and The Revival are excellent as the old school heels. The tag opener was classic tag wrestling - hot tags, cheating behind the Ref's back, great "face in peril" time and a white hot finish. There are tons of little awesome things that The Revival do that flash me back to 80s teams like Arn/Tully and the Midnights and I loved the fact that the only time that Jordan/Gable broke up a pin was after a cheap-shot move from The Revival. Other than that they played it completely straight and all of Revival's cheating was done on the sly. Classic, simple tag stuff - but a lost art these days. NXT is wonderful. JR must have loved it.