NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

That was great, as good as it looked on paper. For pure wrestling, you're not gonna get much better. In fact, there was almost too much good wrestling - there was no chance to breathe! The main event ended too suddenly and Aries/Corbin wasn't up to the standard of the other four matches (though it was never gonna be) but other than that, everything was golden.Ā 

Ā 

Still beggars belief how this sort of thing is a WWE product but I guess that's the point.

I was there live and it was easily the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a wrestling show.

Ā 

I didn't think the night would get any better than the opener, but I was wrong. I'm absolutely thrilled for Jordan and Gable, and the reaction their win got was deafening. High fiving strangers and the lot. I was worried the botch and subsequent "botchamania" chant would derail the match but they managed to pull it back with ease.

Ā 

Zayn vs Nakamura was something special. There's not a lot to say about it that hasn't been said already. I'm gutted to see Sami leave NXT though, not really looking forward to the million matches he'll soon be having with The Miz or Bray Wyatt.

Ā 

Main event was great and I also thought the stoppages added to the match due to Joe's excellent reactions. That's his best performance since he got to WWE, and probably since about 2006 actually.

Ā 

I regained my faith in humanity when a small "Chris Benoit" chant broke out when Joe used the crossface and it was instantly booed by everybody in earshot.

Ā 

I lost my shit when Bobby Roode appeared. I can't wait for this.

• Paid Members

The annoying thing about the botch in the opener is that they still went for the pin after, tiny gripe though for what was a brilliant match. If that emotion on Jordan's face with the belt wasn't genuine then he's a great actor.

• Paid Members

I really hope the 11:23 Elias Samson vs Apollo Crews match from before the main show doesn't find its way onto NXT TV. That was LONG.

Ā 

The main show was great though, genuinely exciting and with the right choices of title switches.Ā 

Good lord, what a fantastic show

Tag opener and zayn/nakamura were glorious and joe looked like a complete killer. It makes me so jealous that nxt wasn't quite yet the phenomenon it is now when I made the trip to 30 in New Orleans, as that must have been such an awesome show to see live

Tag opener and zayn/nakamura were glorious and joe looked like a complete killer. It makes me so jealous that nxt wasn't quite yet the phenomenon it is now when I made the trip to 30 in New Orleans, as that must have been such an awesome show to see live

Absolutely loved everything Ā about that. Such a fantastic show, everyone felt like a star, crowd was hot, matches were great, loads of people had new gear which I always love.

Ā 

Actually the few seconds where Stephanie Mcmahon was on screen, I didn't enjoy that but at least she was booed. Ā She can get to fuck.

Ā 

Is that Joe going to the main roster then?

• Paid Members

Generally there's a period of double duty before going straight to the main roster. So if Joe is getting called up, I hope we get the Joe vs Nakamura match at the next special.

Ā 

Reality is, some of this lot have to fuck off soon. Chances are Zack Sabre Jr., Ricochet, Bobby Roode, Kota Ibushi and the like are coming in as full timers. There's likely to be a turn over eventually.

It's a shame that he's probably not going to be positioned at the appropriate level, because Joe doing the serial killer routine in a math against Lesnar, doing his own serial killer routine, would relieve me of all my money. And jizz.

Asuka's music is fucking boss. I know its not news or anything, but its truly fantastic.

Agreed. But it's hilarious how much old WCW music has had to be overdone due to being 'similar' to other mainstream tunes, yet Asuka's completely new one is a blatant ripoff of King Crimson.

Joes been great in NXT, was worried it was too late for him given state he looked in tna, but he looks motivated, quick and good as ever in the ring. The top three matches all brought great realism I don't see in maim roster matches.