NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

What a show. The only real disappointment was the Aries match, but the rest of the show was phenomenal.

I'd never seen Nakamura before, and I'm almost glad because seeing him for the first time here was fucking mind blowing. All of his odd, weird mannerisms, the entrance, the confidence, the charisma, the strikes that looked stiff as fuck, this match of the year candidate on his first night in, he might be my new favourite wrestler. I was so worried he'd be another guy from Japan who was actually a bit shit, but fucking hell, he easily surpassed all of the hype.

I hope all of the RAW staff looked on embarrassed. That's how you debut someone. You build him up, you treat him like a god, and the fans react accordingly. Compare this to how Sami Zayn appeared out of nowhere on RAW and immediately became just another guy. At least Sami got to have this one last great night, I guess.

It was also awesome to hear the crowd singing Sami's song as he left. A nice touch on his last night in. It's such a shame he's been promoted. I'll miss being able to enjoy him now that he's stuck with Ziggler and company doing fuck all for the rest of his career.

The audible gasp from the crowd when Asuka beat Bayley was amazing. This crowd was great all night, but that was their best moment. Genuine shock. Brilliant.

Couldn't be happier for Jordan and Gable. Jordan looked to be crying by the time the camera cut away. Good for him. He and Gable are so great together.

Typically, I thought this was the best Samoa Joe has looked since coming in, which is a shame as I suspect he's heading to the main roster on Monday. I didn't have a problem with all of the blood stoppages, it just made him look more of a monster.

So, I guess those reports of WWE being more interested in Eric Young than Bobby Roode were just bullshit fed to Meltzer to keep everyone guessing? That's what I thought the moment I heard him report it.

I can't imagine Wrestlemania is going to be able to top this. I'm still buzzing.

Great show only let done by Corbin v Aries, which wasn't bad per se, but was instantly forgettable.

Tag title match was great, apart from that MASSIVE botch.

Nice to see Asuka in some different gear, I thought she only had the one, even if she did look like a bag of Rosey Apples.

If only the could have had a shot of a tear rolling down Bayley's face just before she passed out, almost like she realised she was done and there was nothing she could do about it. But that's ultra minor nitpicking.

Main event was great once the medics fucked off. Balor in red, blue and black looked fucking awesome and loved that shot of him riding up from the guardrail.

I assume Kota Ibushi will be involved with at Crusierweight tournament they're doing, otherwise why draw attention to him being there unless your just looking to work the internet. Same with Bobby Roode.

But yeah, it doesn't get much better than that, essential viewing. Oh, and Nakamura is going to be great in NXT. I wasn't sure him coming was going to translate, but it certainly did here. Whether it will on the main show, assuming he ever does, remains to be seen

Fuckin WWE network skipped forward to Finn celebrating his win when I was halfway through the show, bloody annoying, but atleast I'll be watching mania live, but just a warning that might happen to people who wont be able to watch live and may end up getting spoiled halfway through the show. Anyways, thought Takeover was great, and Nakamura/Zayn was just simply awesome. 

People who've had the skipping and spoiling the main event, what device are you watching through?

I only ask as I've never had any issues when watching on PS4. I only tend to get buffering when watching on PS3

I watched live on PS4 and twice got a 'This app has suffered a fatal error and needs to be restarted' message. Thankfully these were during entrances, so I was able to quickly restart it in a few seconds without missing any action.

• Paid Members

Just finished watching Takeover and enjoyed the show, although thought the fans were a bit disrespectful during the main event when officials were attending to Joe. Booing someone for receiving medical attention is a bit lame.

• Paid Members

People who've had the skipping and spoiling the main event, what device are you watching through?

I only ask as I've never had any issues when watching on PS4. I only tend to get buffering when watching on PS3

Watched it this morning through a Nexus easily took 3 hours to get through with it going back or just stopping

• Paid Members

Just wow. That was outstanding. Only match that didn't quite deliver was Corbin vs Aries but the rest more than made up for it.

Zayn vs Nakamura was, for want of a better word, spectacular. I'd heard the hype about Nakamura but never bothered to check him out, now I fucking love the guy. Everything about him. His entrance, his slightly creepy look, his mannerisms, his brutal offence, his selling. Everything. That Kinchasa or whatever looks like it could decapitate someone. Absolutely buzzing to see him work with Corbin, Balor and hopefully Joe.

This show really was wrestling at its very best. I think I'm going to rewatch it again now actually.

• Moderators

Who wouldn't? Its not like they have Ron Bass and the Warlord on the roster these days. 

Ron Bass was great!  :sneaky:

I like Ron Bass. He did have a no bumps policy on shows when he left the WWF though.

I don't think anyone would take a bump on the indies back then though. I just like to think of him in JCP and Florida.