NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

But both the Nakamura match and the crowd during it were special.

Ā 

They need to get this guy on the main shows quick. Anyone who looks at him as a talent that needs "developing" is mental.

New Japan first saw fit to put the IWGP Title on him back in 2003. Pretty much speaks for itself. Suppose WWE need to do what they need to do, but with language skills that only time will improve and already having established his in-ring credentials, it's a bit odd that he should end up in NXT, albeit the coolest of their brands. Anyway, better than him vs. Cena. If that ever happens, I'll cry and not in a good way.

Nakamura vs Cena will be a 5 snowflake match, truss.

Ā 

If there's any Japanese wrestler that'd have an amazing match with Cena it's Naka, the guy's a natural sports entertainer as well as being the greatest wrassler around and I could see them meshing.

Ā 

Ā 

There was a lady with long red (dyed) hair in the crowd who featured prominently in the background a few times. Should I have recognised her?

A lot of indy wrestlers with connections get comped or have an in for the NXT shows with so many shows in the area. Pretty much that. Wrestling is still the wrestling business ;-)
Any idea who she was as I may be in love?

If it's who I'm thinking of, she's a northern irish wrestler called Lauren laroux.

Ā 

Anyway, better than him vs. Cena. If that ever happens, I'll cry and not in a good way.

Why? That sounds like a peach of a match to me.

Ā 

No time for the man. Never did have. Though it wasn't absolutely the case, if there had been one wrestler who finally turned me away from WWE for good in '03, it'd have been him and the push he got. No intention of starting a WWE rant. I simply don't watch it anymore. Seen enough of him to know I wouldn't want to watch his ugly-ass style against a true fight scholar.

Ā 

Nakamura does need to lose all the facials though. I've mentioned it before, along with his OTT selling, at times. I'm guessing the last 2 years of his time in New Japan were spent developing all these little gimmicks, with WWE in mind. To be honest, it was becoming something of a source of irritation.

Edited by KingofSports

• Moderators

Cena of 03 holds no relation to his in ring abilities now. He's well respected for some years amongst the more discerning wrestling fan for it these days. There's a Greatest Wrestler Ever ballot on a very passionate forum I frequent, and he looks sure to finish quite well in it. Because he is a quality pro wrestler.

Edited by PowerButchi

Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, better than him vs. Cena. If that ever happens, I'll cry and not in a good way.

Why? That sounds like a peach of a match to me.

Ā 

No time for the man. Never did have. Though it wasn't absolutely the case, if there had been one wrestler who finally turned me away from WWE for good in '03, it'd have been him and the push he got. No intention of starting a WWE rant. I simply don't watch it anymore. Seen enough of him to know I wouldn't want to watch his ugly-ass style against a true fight scholar.

Ā 

tomfoods.jpg

No way is Mania topping that.

Ā 

What I can't understand is, how everyone was so fucking over on that show. Nakamura's reaction was like The Rock turning up for the first time in 10 years.

Ā 

Sami Zayn is like a true superstar on here, yet when he's on Raw you can hear a pin drop.

Ā 

Zayn/Nakamura was probably my fave match since Cena/Punk in 2011.

Ā 

Put me in with the stoppages helped the main event category, genuinely gripping stuff.

Ā 

NXT really reminds of late 80's NWA, which is no bad thing.

• Paid Members

After that performance last night they should put him against Roman Reigns starting Monday for the title. And then give him it as soon as possible.

Nobody's ever won the WWE Title in their first match have they? The Giant did it in WCW but it'd be a hell of a first in WWE.

• Paid Members

I cant stop watching that entrance. It's utterly captivating. The music and video backdrop was something out of Kill Bill. And his mannerisms are just wonderful... just wow.

Ā 

Seeing him for the first time was something truly special.Ā