NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi Wrestle Kingdom 9, Nakamura vs AJ Styles Wrestle Kingdom 10, Nakamura vs Karl Anderson Power Struggle and Nakamura vs Hirooki Goto Destruction In Kobe  would be my recommendations. They are all within the last year or so.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

From start to finish, that was absolutely unreal. The best Takeover show they've done. Nakamura vs Zayn was so fucking good. Match of the Year type good. Joe was a beast as well. Probably his best performance in years. I'll say more after some sleep, but it more than lived up to the hype. They protected everyone on the finishes as well. Nobody was hurt by the loses they suffered.

And Bobby Roode showed up! What more do you want?

CfAsm_JUMAAFhbG.jpg

EDIT: Oh, Ibushi did as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Main event ruined by constant stoppages and the most telegraphed finish I've seen in ages, but everything else on the card was fantastic. Aries vs Corbin was a little flat but Corbin is getting better and better.

This was the first time I'd seen Nakamura, and while he'll never go far on the main roster he'll flourish in NXT.

Glad Asuka won but was sad to see Bayley lose.

Bayley Vs Asuka was fantastic, was surprised how quiet the crowed were when the finish came. Didn't really think they could be in that much shock but just shows how good a performer Bayley really is to have that effect. I liked that Askua didn't seem to give a fuck about shaking hands or anything just having her moment and some of the camera angles were great how they managed to highlight both the new champ and a fallen Bayley in the same scene. Really added to the drama. don't know where they go next if Askua becomes heel or what. 

15 years to the day since Wrestlemania X7, that felt like a show that we'll use as a bit of a benchmark in the same way. Slightly gutted for Joe and Balor that the blood obviously repeatedly got in the way of them crafting something even better than what they did, but that's a minor gripe on an otherwise staggering, staggering evening of wrestling.

Elated for Jordan and Gable winning the belts in that spectacular opener, thought Corbin and Aries performed their roles magnificently in the (by design) quiet gem of the night, I was left heartbroken for Bayley, and having never seen Nakamura, was given a boatload of reasons to get excited about his future in NXT. He's not really about the old wrestling moves is he, he's about making the stuff he does do count - I'm really on board with that. Charming feller. Underneath all that, the show was a fitting swansong for the initial NXT run of Sami Zayn. I was one who enjoyed the Joe TV match the other week but this one was on another level to that. As somebody else said, built and built and built, loved it. They've kept his 'first 2-time champion' story in their back pocket too, which I think will be helpful when he returns there after his main roster run stutters a bit.

I hadn't read any spoilers or rumours too, so my jaw hit the deck when Bobby Roode appeared.

Absolutely outstanding show.

EDIT: And I assume Kota Ibushi is another big deal for the japwres fans? Great night!

Edited by NEWM

Such a good show throughout, as has been said above. I remain a huge Dawson fan though, who seems to come closer to out-Arn-Anderson Arn Anderson each time I see him, which is impressive. I liked the blood stoppage in the main event, and felt it added a huge amount of fire to Joe, with the crowd siding with him at times, due to it.

• Paid Members

Very enjoyable show. Looked great on paper and delivered. The two title changes were memorable for different reasons. Baylay is magnificent and he heartbreak was as real as it gets. Jordan selling the title win was brilliant too.

Loved the finish to the main event. Always been one of my favourite finishes and, again, Joe's sell was tremendous. Just utter disbelief that he'd thrown away such a dominant position.

Not sure about Nakamura. He looks like a drugged up lesbian. Couldn't really get behind him. Enjoyed the match though. It built beautifully and Zayn's signature spots creating near falls or reversals helped massively.

Every Takeover seems to be untoppable and yet somehow, they manage it. But this is untoppable.