NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

The American Alpha video package was very, very good.

Ā 

I am finding it hard to get pumped for the Balor/Joe rematch though. The build since Takeover: London has been slightly underwhelming in my opinion. Maybe it's because the other rivalries going in to Dallas have been so well built.

One other thing about the show. Maybe it was just me but Alexa Bliss looked legit tamping at the end of her match this week after taking a pair of knees in the face from what looked like a miss placed cross body.

Ā 

B&M sold it beautifully though by checking her nose after the match. So glad they seemed to have put the brakes on splitting them and Bliss up.

Ā 

Emma and Asuka have great chemistry. Not quite as good as their London match but still leaps and bounds ahead of everything else not involving Bayley.

Ā 

Samson's post match attack was the best he has ever looked imo. Shame Graves was doing a right JBL and shitting all over him on commentary.

• Awards Moderator

Echo the love for the American Alpha video package, that was excellent. I'd have liked Nakamura's video to have been a bit longer, though. I don't watch New Japan so I'd like a bit more of a flavour of him before Takeover.

Ā 

I would have been in favour of a lengthy Alexa beatdown of that girl who hurt her nose. It'd be no more than she deserved. Poor Alexa.

Ā 

Finn vs Swann was a nice little match, Swann is absolutely tiny though. I liked Joe's little segment in the ring, I didn't think I'd be able to buy Joe as an utter badass again after TNA but I'm totally there now, and not totally certain of who might win next week...

Ā 

One other thing, how irritating was that crowd? If they weren't sitting on their hands they were playing on their phones! Have a look at yourselves, Full Sail.

Finn vs Swann was fun. Finn's regularly dropping turn hints in matches now. His subtle facials and clear disgust that this dancing fool got some solid offence on HIM was sweet. I'm waiting for them to christen the Bloody Sunday though. I assume a name associated with a terrorist attack isn't kosher. Swann needs some niftier gear to stand out (and not just NXT Xavier Woods 2.0) but he looks like a fun jobber.

Ā 

It seems the women jobbers they get in have ideas above their station. Dobson, Perruzzo and Garrett have all seemed arrogant and clumsy, more into getting themselves over rather than doing their job. Contrast that with Jesse Sorenson, who I think has carried himself brilliantly, selling like a trooper and hitting his marks well, despite looking more of a star than some of the guys getting a push.

Ā 

More echoing of the love for the AA bid. The fact that they were both nearly-men adds a whole new dimension to their act. To have been booked as shooter steamrollers but then have this back story of failure added gives them an underdog edge.

Ā 

Not sold on the main event. The women still don't have the necessary weight to their moves, and there's something missing in the flow. There were a couple of really smooth basck-and-forths, somit was a shame the padding was flat.